Pakistani Serials

hit serial dhoop kinare 2b remade in india

SidNeeti-fan thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
The bubbly and confident Kritika Kamra fondly known as Arohi of Kitani Mohabbat Hai makes a strong come back with Sony TV's Kuch Toh Log Kahenge with an ace cast. The show is a remake of the famous Pakistani show, Dhoop Kinare which was conceptualized years back. Kritika has always been lucky to get interesting projects one after another. Once again, the actress is all set to make a space in the audience's heart by portraying the multidimensional Dr. Nidhi on the show.

How did you grab Kuch Toh Log Kahenge?

Even I don't know how it happened. I just got a call from Director's Kut and was told to audition where I was asked to do my introductory scene of the show. During this process, I just got a brief on the show and that it has been based on a Pakistani show Dhoop Kinare which was made years back. I went back home and saw all the 62 parts in one stretch. I was more curious to know what happens next and I think audience will also feel the same for our show. This is how Kuch Toh Log Kahenge happened.

What was the major reason to take this show which was a big hit years back?

As I the heard the concept and saw the episodes of Dhoop Kinare, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I felt if as an audience I love watching a show like this then I would definitely like to be a part of it. I also spoke to my parents who loved Dhoop Kinare and hence they were thrilled to see such a show again on the small screen. I also felt that the audience will accept it again and that was one major reason why I took up the show.

What is the main storyline like?

As the promos show, it is a love story between a young girl and an older man which is an unusual combination and hence aptly titled as Kuch Toh Log Kahenge. It's the process of two different personalities coming together and falling in love. It was accepted in Pakistan years back so we expect the same here. The show is very simple and is more about the characters and the chemistry they share. Emotions and feelings would be something thing that would hold on the audience rather than the drama in the show.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sandy-Naz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
i thought that indian never watch a pakistani serial.bt they are making  remake of hit pakistani serial.so all the best . Edited by beautylover22 - 12 years ago
notavailable thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I've watched the first few parts of Dhoop Kinarey, its really good so far.
Looking forward to Kuch Toh Log Kahenge
SunshineGirl6 thumbnail
WOW this is impressive..more to the fact that theyr actually confessing that the show is inspired rather than shamefully plagirising...best of luck...lukin fwd to the show !!
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
they better give dhoop kinare credit...or say based on dhoop kinare...otherwise its just plain theft

Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I hope its good otherwise my granny will sue the whole india in her mind~~
She takes no jokes when it comes to dhoop kinare😃
-Maha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
My mom told me about Dhoop kinary and I watched that serial 2-3 Times ..Loved Rahat and marina ...
Hope they will do justice and will give credit
SidNeeti-fan thumbnail
i liked it wen kritika actually credited dhop kinare ..thank GOd she did..
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: beautylover22

i thought that indian never watch a pakistani serial.bt they are making  remake of hit pakistani serial.so all the best .

We did watch Pakistani serials ...that was late 80's ,..around 87-88 
In Bombay it used to be available on  video cassettes then . Loved Dhoop Kinare
Tanhaiyaan come to my mind.  Bhuda Ghar Pe Hai.

Not sure whether they watch it these days. I am glad they are remaking Dhoop Kinarey.
But I m sure it won't be anywhere as good as the original.  So will keep by expectations minimum.
For me there was and is only one Dhoop Kinarey.

Edited by KripaRajput - 12 years ago
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
my mom was kind of disappointed and made me promise that if i was going to watch it, i'd have to watch dhoop kinare first!  i doubt i'll watch this show but i'm so going to watch dhoop kinare after all that mom's said.. apparently it was one of the last dramas mom watched before she got married and settled down  ... she's just glad that they acknowledged the fact that it;s an extended version of dhoop kinare and it wasn't something a random viewer caught on..lol