Karan moves to films--indya.com

Posted: 12 years ago

Karan Kundra moves to films

Cool dude Karan Kundra is currently shooting in Punjab for his Punjabi film Pure Punjabi. Thrilled to bits about doing a film, Karan talks about his passion for acting, how he owes everything to tv and his girlfriend Kritika's new show. Over to Karan.

Showing 1  of 7 images  Previous     Next 

You are doing a Punjabi film. How is the experience of shooting a film vis--vis a serial?

A film tells a story in 2-3 hours while a serial stretches the same for a long duration. So every scene in a movie has impact and something to tell. It propels the narrative forward. I am enjoying shooting for my film as not only is the role great but the unit and production too is fantabulous. I am shooting near my hometown so I get time to spend with family as well. We rehearsed scenes, did workshops which were fun. On a film set, nothing is rushed, there are no tight schedules to follow as compared to a serial, where you have to deliver an episode a day.

How did you get this film? Did you want to act in films?

I guess I was at the right place at the right time. The producers, Batra Showbiz, have produced many hits before starring Jimmy Shergill and Arya Babbar. And I am glad to have got this opportunity to work with them. The Punjabi film industry is growing in leaps and bounds and I am looking forward to growing with it. As for acting in films, every actor on television wants to do movies. And whoever says otherwise is lying. Though tv is big, films are bigger. Both mediums have different treatment of subjects and different audience.

What is your character in the film?

The film is called Pure Punjabi which is a bi-lingual of sorts as it will have Punjabi and Hindi both. We shot in Rohtang, Manali and now are shooting in Jalandhar. The film is about four guys who want to form their own rock band and make it big. Their parents are sceptical about it and worry about them. I could relate to the story as it reflects mine. My father too wasn't too convinced when I said I want to be an actor. Usually parents from small towns want their kids to try conventional, secure and safe professions like doctor, engineer etc. I play the lead guitarist and singer in the film.

What do you think of your girlfriend Kritika Kamra's new show Kuch To Log Kehenge?

The promos look promising and I have a feeling it will rock. The story and characters look superb and I think the audiences will love the concept and show. I am very happy and proud of Kritika. She is grown as an actress and will go places. I wish I was with her in Mumbai to witness the bill boards and the euphoria for the show. She has done shows before but this one will portray her in a more mature fashion.

How has your serial Kitni Mohabbat Hai impacted your life?

Kitni Mohabbat Hai made me the person I am today. It paved for a path to reach to bigger goals. Kitni... taught me all I know about acting. It made me realise that acting wasn't a lark but a passion for me. I was born and brought up in Punjab and stayed in US for a while but it was only after I lived in Mumbai that I realised what being a grown up is. I became independent and learnt a lot about life. I owe a lot to Kitni... and Ekta m'aam for everything.

Do you think TV actors burn out easily? 
It is easy to burn out on tv. Working on television isn't as easy as it looks. Tv actors shoot for 12-16 hours a day and more if needed. I have shot for 30 hours once at a stretch because it was needed. We are the most hardworking actors ever. We not only perform but deliver episode after episode daily without fail. No film actor can survive tv. Tv has been a great teacher to me as it taught me about creative, story and technical aspects. I have got a name and popularity being on tv.

What do you love & hate the most about Indian television?
I am a part of the television industry so I respect everyone in this field. I love what television has achieved today. But I don't like the fact that television has regressed in the past few years as much as it has grown. During the Kyunki... era, there was a healthy atmosphere not only in terms of story but relationship in industry. But once it was over, the story and manner of conducting business has deteriorated. Abroad, television and films are on par not just money wise but respect for the actor, entertainment value for audience and the content shown. But in India, television has regressed, though the industry has grown.

Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago
loving the article.   thx for sharing.
Luv d article so much. Cnt wait 4 d movie n 4 kittu's show also. Luv dm a lot. Thanx a lot 4 sharng.
that was a nice article
tnx 4 sharing!
loved it thorouly..
proud of karan n kritika
aww... <3 read it thrice already😍 love to know what karan has to say...Hez the best!
yay!..finally a big article on karan !..muahh to karan such honest ansswers!..:D hayee i have been reading it 10th time ! now 😆 wish u all the best karan!..❤️
Thx for sharing... love the article.. yh i wish he was wid Kritika to witness the billboard but never mind at least he happy and proud of her... Wish them luck with their new movies and show repectively
js lovd d interview so muchhh Proud of Karan ...he is d best..thanxx lot fr sharing