Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Veena.S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
@ sam, r anyone help me how to close a topic, how to send req to mods to close topic
Pia9 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
it not right mainly bcz that's NOT her name. I wuld hv thought PG wuld pick up on this as he was saying it in front of her and tell him to call her, her actual name but I guess not..dnt think it bothers her.
Someone shuld tweet PG n tell her bcz the CV's r clearly not picking up on this...So much for yes we do read the forum. Bull****! considering the amount of times this topic has come up
ssrbaqri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
frnds...
although pratigya is the correct word, but pratigwa is the way how it is more often pronounced in eastern u p's dialect...so for the natives pratigwa sounds more natural...
enjoy the natural accent of baba...
Pia9 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssrbaqri

frnds...

although pratigya is the correct word, but pratigwa is the way how it is more often pronounced in eastern u p's dialect...so for the natives pratigwa sounds more natural...
enjoy the natural accent of baba...

@ bold. He never used to call her that before
ssrbaqri thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pia9

@ bold. He never used to call her that before

yes right...infact distorting a name intentionally sometimes shows either more affection or more hatred...here K is trying to show his closeness with P...the same way he coined the nickname 'babu' for P... 
corvette thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssrbaqri

yes right...infact distorting a name intentionally sometimes shows either more affection or more hatred...here K is trying to show his closeness with P...the same way he coined the nickname 'babu' for P... 

weird...

but then I would rather he just stuck to Babu...you cant go from Pratigya to Partigwa without making us wince...🤢
ssrbaqri thumbnail

Originally posted by: kEEnkEEn

weird...

but then I would rather he just stuck to Babu...you cant go from Pratigya to Partigwa without making us wince...🤢

Every dialect has its ways of expressing feelings...we don't hv much say in such things ...
As I said 'pratigwa' is used by k out of love for P, but when amma or SS pronounce it this way, the same word suggests their disliking towards P...trust me, locals understand the difference of nuances of intonation...this is more natural as i said before...
Pia9 thumbnail
i've don't think i've heard SS call her Partigywa before. correct me if i'm wrong