Sasural Genda Phool

Ishaan cooks to impress Suhana-indya.com

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Ishaan cooks to impress Suhana   Tweet   
   0  LIKE  |     0  COMMENTS  |   

Ishaan, aka Jay Soni from Sasural Genda Phool, will be the next celebrity guest on India Gate Basmati Rice presents Chef Pankaj Ka Zayka. Ishaan admits to being a complete foodie and was delighted to learn to prepare new dishes on the show, since it will help him to impress his darling wife Suhana.

Sharing his experience with Chef Pankaj, Ishaan says, "It was good. I have to confess that I am a big foodie. Thanks to the show, I got to learn about a lot of new dishes and cuisines. I learnt that cooking is not as tough as it seems and I also learnt the importance of presentation from Chef Pankaj. Besides, being a good chef, Pankaj is also a good teacher. She guided me very well when I was preparing the dishes on the show. One thing that I noticed about her is that she is very particular about cleanliness. Even if a little food gets spilled by mistake, she immediately wipes it because she wants her kitchen to be neat and clean. I admire this habit of hers because even I feel that cleanliness is of utmost importance."
Speaking about cooking, Ishaan recalls a funny incident, "I can never forget the time that Suhana had tried to cook for me. She spent the whole day in the kitchen and ended up making two rotis for me, that too in some funny shapes. I ate them happily because she had prepared it with so much love."

Which dish taught by Chef Pankaj does Ishaan plan to prepare for Suhana? "The first dish that I will prepare is Suhana Shorba as whenever Suhana is angry with me, I hope that Suhana Shorba will do the trick and she will forgive me. I will tell her that I learnt the dish, especially for her since it has her name in it."
Ishaan also has a valuable tip to offer to husbands. "I will advise all husbands to learn cooking as it is the most cost effective way of impressing your wife. Gifting her jewelry or clothes are expensive options," he laughs.
Ishaan is known for his cooking skills among his co-stars from Sasural Genda Phool. Is that true? "I like to cook and do it whenever I find the time. I also try to prepare dishes from different cuisines every time. People say that I make good salads and that is because I normally eat only salads for dinner as it is healthy. So yes, I do carry salads to the sets of Sasural Genda Phool too and co-stars who have tasted it have praised my cooking skills."
Speaking about his favourite food, Ishaan states, "Ghar ka khana is my favourite. I enjoy dal-chapatti the most, there is nothing better than yummy homemade food. As I have said before, I am a complete foodie. I will eat anything that is given to me except Karela. However, one cuisine that I dislike is Chinese, which must be surprising as most people love it."
Don't forget to watch Chef Pankaj Ka Zayka at 2.30pm Mon- Fri only on STAR Plus.

http://starplus.startv.in/news/2256/ishaan-cooks-to-impress-suhana.aspx

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mjtruelegend thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
The way to a man's (all humans) heart is through their stomach. So they say, have no idea how true it is.😆

Thankyou for sharing, amar Chutki!
MadameX thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: mjtruelegend

The way to a man's (all humans) heart is through their stomach. So they say, have no idea how true it is.😆

Thankyou for sharing, amar Chutki!

It is very much true, Sheemu-sama. 😆 Don't you ever get warm fuzzy feelings when someone feeds you something really delicious? 😆
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Originally posted by: MadameX

It is very much true, Sheemu-sama. 😆 Don't you ever get warm fuzzy feelings when someone feeds you something really delicious? 😆

Well most people who feed me are all family and close friends who are already in my heart but other than them, no I've not had anyone else make me something to be in my good books.
MadameX thumbnail
Okay, then I'll make something for you. Hopefully it won't get squashed in mail. 😆
mjtruelegend thumbnail

Okay, then I'll make something for you. Hopefully it won't get squashed in mail. 😆

Don't do that! The FBI will be after you! Didn't you know that you can't send cooked food in the post? You'll have to make it and bring it here yourself!
MadameX thumbnail

Don't do that! The FBI will be after you! Didn't you know that you can't send cooked food in the post? You'll have to make it and bring it here yourself!

Seriously?! What's wrong with cooked food being sent over mail? Other than being spoiled. 😆
mjtruelegend thumbnail

Seriously?! What's wrong with cooked food being sent over mail? Other than being spoiled. 😆

It's these rules they made since 9/11 happened. You see people may be able to hide toxics/bombs inside the food during  transition and cause an explosion! We don't want that now do we? So that's why!
MadameX thumbnail

It's these rules they made since 9/11 happened. You see people may be able to hide toxics/bombs inside the food during  transition and cause an explosion! We don't want that now do we? So that's why!

Yeah...that's true...okay, I'll come over your house and make you a bum cake. 🤣
mjtruelegend thumbnail
You mean bomb cake? No thankyou, you can stay where you are!