Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
If we remove the 'Ask me' there will be trivial threads opening everyday,

If we remove the 'introduce yourself' thread, we'll have 'hello' threads coming up.

Monthly archives and Archive mansion are compulsory. So are pic gallery and creations.

Episode chest is a very useful thread. I use it regularly and I know how easy it is to locate stuff from that.

Rules - inspite of it's existence new members are breaking rules.

We cannot remove them totally. We need to make sure there are only 5 threads, yet everything is easily available.
Chiinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
These are the threads that makes this forum highly official and keeps many people staying away from our forum. There is no Ask me queries thread in other forums and I can't see much queries there.

I cannot see a single person posting comments here, who introduce in introduction thread.

The archives are not viewed by a normal visitor.

The "Hello" threads, well it is for making problems here as we are so much concerned about discipline here. why ? we need to be open for more entertainment and fun IMO.

we have to make the atmosphere light. So I suggest to see interesting topics on front page...

If you see a topic like 'Daya in today's news' or 'Abhijit in new movie'
That attracts people. and everyone likes it. We are here for fun and enjoyment after all...

So I want rules to be flexible and forum to be more active. So i need so so topics in  my first page. simple. ðŸ˜›
visrom thumbnail
You don't find 'Ask me' thread in other forums because those serials don't have a 14 year history.

The introduce yourself can be done away with...a new member can come to this Gen disc thread and say 'hi'.

To start with, I shall remove the Introduce yourself thread, ok?

Chinnu, Archives are a compulsory feature. Otherwise where can one search for all the written updates and videos? This is a must. The main reason for existence of India Forums was to post written updates of Jassi serial in 2004. For people who missed an episode. We cannot do away with them.
Edited by visrom - 12 years ago
visrom thumbnail
Now if I remove the 'Ask me' thread. Suppose I have a doubt, where do I post it? It has to be in a place where it attracts attention. I use the 'Ask me' thread and I find that it has a good amount of traffic.
Bhavanab thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

yeah ... instead of vanishing it 😛 ... make it unsticky ... but then I feel itne time se toh chal hi aa raha hai ... let them be as they are ... is a change so necessary ?? 😛

visrom thumbnail
The question of change came up because after the imp topics and the stickies , there are only 4 topics on page 1.

I had considered this last year too. But then some things happened here, a fight broke out, some people left and it turned chaotic.
visrom thumbnail
Shall I merge the Rules and Regulations and 'Ask here' into a 'HELPDESK'? The first post will contain all rules and then the rest of it can be a 'Queries' thread.
Chiinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: visrom

Chinnu, Archives are a compulsory feature. Otherwise where can one search for all the written updates and videos? This is a must. The main reason for existence of India Forums was to post written updates of Jassi serial in 2004. For people who missed an episode. We cannot do away with them.

OOkay ...
what about making a HELP DESK which can have queries, Rules and regulations ?

have a look

It is well organised. 

Originally posted by: visrom

Now if I remove the 'Ask me' thread. Suppose I have a doubt, where do I post it? It has to be in a place where it attracts attention. I use the 'Ask me' thread and I find that it has a good amount of traffic.

It needs to be a normal topic. and the main problem of that thread is that it attracts attention and  some tress passers will use it ðŸ˜†
visrom thumbnail
Exaclty this is what I posted on prev page. I'll merge the rules and Ask here into a 'Helpdesk'.
Bhavanab thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
let rules topics stay a seperate thread ... if it's merged with ask me ... as far as I know ... not many will open the first post ... and seedha tha last page and then post your query !! So let these 2 be seperate... and I believe ... ASK me is an important thread ... I have personally seen a reduction in the no. of threads being opened for small questions after it's been opened ... it needs to stay on first page !!! i guess let it be as it is now ...