Bade Acche Laggte Hai

TOI: My lucky charms are the people who luv me-Jai

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

SPIRITUAL QUOTIENT
My lucky charms are the people who love me

... says actor Jai Kalra,who isnt superstitious but a believer in the goodness of people

Idont know whether I would say I believe in God but yes I believe in one big supreme power that we call shakti or the source being.I believe in all religions as they are manifestations of a greater force we should all believe in.Praying for me is not reciting aartis or mantras,but its really about connecting with that p owe r through meditation.I consider myself to be a spiritual person because it is my spirituality that gives me a calm outlook in life.I am a calm person and that calmness from the whole process of acknowledging that supreme power and also seeing the whole process of life as a movie in motion where you cross one level of life to another.For me holy shrines are places of energy sources as lots of people flock with positive energies to such places.I have never planned to visit a particular holy shrine as I feel that the real awakening comes from within one self.And so you dont need to go to a shrine to awaken or acknowledge that feeling.
Whenever opportunities have come along to visit a shrine I have gone along with it,but I have never planned a trip to a shrine as such.
I am not at all superstitious! My lucky charms are the people who love me and wish good for me.I guess I can say that these people are my walking-talking luck y charms.In my opinion there cant be a lucky or unlucky colour as such.For me meditation means cutting oneself from the surroundings and acknowledging and connecting with the higher self.I meditate anytime and every time.
We need to know that we all are born for a reason and whatever comes to us or happens to us good or bad is there for a reason,to teach a lesson in life.The evident human nature is to we enjoy our happiness and lament our tough situations but its those tough situations that we should see as a test.And once we're done with that test,we become more enlightened.So accept the good and the bad with open arms.

As told to Lisa Antao

KEEPIN IT SIMPLE: Jai Kalra

[Previous] Bombay Times [Next]

Copyright 2011 Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd. All rights reserved.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
 Thanks for posting ... Jai is such an amazing actor...Jai as Vikram rocks in BALH ...The comfort level of Bholu Ram and Viku is amazing.
pavitra123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanksss...for the article
-MariaMars- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
thanks for sharing.. jai is an awesome actor. he's doing the best as vikram in BALH.. love his friendship with Ram in BALH