Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-RushTrip- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Chaper 39

Khushi wondered as he walked away from happy family scenario. Everyone was gathered around in the study, talking and laughing and he wanted to go to the bedroom? Strange man! He had kissed her in public, okay a fleeting touch but he had. She put fingers to her lips and relived the moment. But he was strange. He had saved her from falling but had to retort. Why did his actions and words did not match up? She wondered.

He was man full of contradictions. He was tender one minute and then he turned into this sarcastic man who spewed venom. Will she ever figure him out? But she did not want to confront him for it would jeopardize their tenuous friendship. She would probably do something for him that would make him happy. Deciding on that she joined the family till the wee hours in fun and games as the adrenalin was high. It had been even bigger celebration when Payal and Aakash had come and told them that his parents were happy with his choice and they wanted the wedding to be within a month.

Khushi for a change had gone into the jalebi making session with happiness rather than anger and all of them had had an impromptu jalebi party. The only missing person was the khadoos Arnav and Nani said, "Arnav baba agar thora apna akaddna kam kar dein toh shayad achcha ho. Kyon Khusi bitiya, aap ee kaam kar paaiyegi na?"

Khushi had shrugged and said, "Naniji, aap aur Didi milkar jo nahi kar paaye woh mein itni jaldi kaise kar loon? koshish karoongi par vaada nahi kar sakti."

And everyone had laughed.

Arnav had waited for her to come upstairs for two hours and then given up. He had thought she would follow him shortly, but looked like the family was having a get together. He had thought of joining them but had decided, he had better catch up on work and brought his laptop out of his bag and worked on it for some time. It was gone two in the morning and there was no sign of her. Giving up, he put his laptop away and slept. He guessed, he was not important enough for her to share her moment of glory. Then what was that line about him inspiring her. Women! he thought they were impossible to understand.

Drifting off to sleep, he woke to hear, hushed movements coming from their dark bedroom. He stirred and then saw in the shaft of light coming from outside, Khushi, wearing one of those negligee type of gowns and his breath stopped. The rustling of the material was enough to make him imagine how it moved against her body. He switched on the light next to him as he sat up.

"Oh! Meine utha diya kya aapko?" Khushi whispered.

"Why are you whispering? I am awake now." Arnav scoffed.

"Yeah! right. Sorry I disturbed you." Khushi apologised, arranging the pillows in between them.

"Hmmph!" Arnav said and slid back into the bed and turned the other way. He switched off the lights and she said, "Ek minute ruk toh jaate' meine abhi'" Khushi started then decided she could very well find her blanket without the light.

Now what had gotten into him, she wondered and thought may be the trip that Nani had forced on them was a sore point. She made a promise to herself that she was going to salvage the situation.

The next morning went in Arnav remaining stoically silent and avoiding her for most of the day. Even lunch was subdued as everyone was a little saddened with Aakash's departure and her parents and Payal had an evening train back to Lucknow.

She had spent rest of the afternoon with them as Arnav had closeted himself in the study and worked as if demons were behind him. She did not understand what was bugging him. He had gone to drop Aakash after breakfast. But he had come back and stayed in the study till lunch and again went back in there as if he had some treasures there for him. Khushi could not make out what bugged him.

Was it the imminent honeymoon? If so, may be she should go and tell Nani that honeymoon was not worth going on but then stopped herself as she remembered her promise to try and change Arnav's attitude towards life. May be she will have to do something else. But what?

Thinking about it she went into the kitchen to find Arnav there, eating the left over jalebis from the fridge.

"Why are you eating those?" Khushi asked.

"Oh! kyon?" Arnav turned around towards her as she asked and added, "These are go'oood!! You made them?" he continued biting into one.

"Yeah I made them last night, after Payal and Akash announced their wedding a month from now. Par mein fresh bana deti hoon'." Khushi supplied the information.

"What? Mujh usne toh nahi bataya?" Arnav complained.

"Agar aap kuch bolne ke mood mein hoge toh hi koi aapse baat karega na." she jabbed him.

"Ah! toh kya hamari biwi bhi yahi complain kar rahi hai?" Arnav asked with a slight smile.

"Nahi mein kyon karoongi. I am sure you have lot of work. After all Arnav Singh Raizada ko koi disturb kaise kar sakta hai." Khushi goaded.

About to leave, she felt herself being pulled back and against the fridge as he held her wrist. "Disturb toh karti ho, tum." Arnav accused.

"Oh! woh kal raat, i mean aaj savere, uske liye toh meine tabhi sorry bhi bol diya'tha'" Khushi explained not understanding what he meant.

"Mein uski baat nahi kar raha." Arnav said, leaning closer.

Khushi then noticed the sugar syrup near his lip and indicated it to him and he frowned.

"Woh'jalebi.. I mean..chashni'" Khushi explained.

"Toh nikaal do'" Arnav leaned even closer.

Khushi gulped then placed the tip of her finger to the corner of his lip and his tongue darted out at the same moment to lick it off. Khushi felt scorched and her finger skidded on his lip over the tip of his tongue and Arnav ran it over it.

Her eyes widened at the blatant playfulness and admonished, "Kya mazaak hai?"

He closed the distance and asked, "Mazaak, ye tumhein mazaak lagta hai? Kal raat meri wife mere saath dinner nahi karne gayee aur ye mazaak hai? Woh ghar aa kar sabke saath time pass karti rahi aur ye mazaak hai?" By this time he was a breath away from her lips and stared into her eyes. Then his gaze darted for a second to her lips before he looked back at her and said, "Mazaak toh tum kar rahi ho'"

And kissed her.
Edited by -RushTrip- - 12 years ago
--Nargis-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
He is like a damn LIGHT switch...either ON or OFF!!  Damn this hit so close to home...its not her fault...he talk sin riddles, acts diametrically...how the hell is she suppose to make heads or tails out of anything???  So Honeymoon or no...for you never know with this guy!!!πŸ˜›
Edited by --Nargis-- - 12 years ago
FebruaryFlower thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Vru!!
CONGRATS ON THE NEW THREAD!!!!
Way to go darling!!!
The update was awesome...I didn't wait for the PM!!!πŸ˜†
Poor Arnav waited for her, but Khushi was too busy being a good daughter in law!!!
I loved how Arnav responded when she apologised for disturbing him in a whisper!!
The kiss at the end was sweet...acha lead up chal raha hai!!! Ab bas dhamakedaar honey moon ka intezaar ho raha hai!!!
Update soon my angel...😊
-RushTrip- thumbnail
thanks Phool and Tina

i have not sent PMs yet ...trying to organise my mess!!πŸ˜›
Ended thumbnail
WOW a new thread!! update is fab . aww sweet anrav waiting for khushi. the kiss at the end was sweet!

cant wait for the next update!
xxx
-RushTrip- thumbnail
Thanks Begum

ya meri bakbak itni jyadaa hai..ki doosre thread tak baat pahonch gayee
nabeela. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Congratulations on the new thread! ;) really liked this chapter... it was cute. Khushi bonding with Arnav's family but Arnav being stroppy and hiding in his room lol. Loved the last part! This was a very nice chapter... a great build up for the sizzling hot honeymoon which I'm dying to read about! :D Continue soon.