Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lovable_ragzfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: mjtruelegend

It was very nice of SRK who treated Ragini with respect and kindness at the launch. He asked someone to get her &Vivaan a chair to give their legs a rest. Very good of him and I guess he did that because he saw her hard work and efforts to present the function well.

when did this happen๐Ÿ˜•? is it that i missed a part of live telecast?
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -MadRaginiFan-

Ohh dats something new to me ..
di how do u know dis btw???

Vips, I watched the whole live telecast on youtube. It comes towards the latter part of the show.
mjtruelegend thumbnail

Originally posted by: MadameX

@ Sheema: to each their own, I guess.

@ MJ: I understand that but I'm also giving reasons as to why I think you're wrong. ๐Ÿ˜†

This our personal views, it's not about being right or wrong.
iViews thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

If I were to compare RAGINI's acting to other actresses of [ Hollywood or Bollywood ] she comes no where near some I have seen . I see here [ USA ] everyday actors play far more complex characters everyday & Even one of them My Fav . John Noble [ Fringe ] plays 2 different characters , more like 2 different person , 2 different personality .[ one time in just 5 minute scene he gave 10 different expressions one after another without any Dialog  ]  Leaves me speechless each time . Or U take Sheldon from Big bang . Ragini is nothing compare to them . she has a lot to learn . This is my POV . [ If anyone wants Women names I m up for it ] 
          Until today I have never compared Ragini's work with Hollywood or USA serial as it wouldn't B fair to her . but If I were to this is my POV . 
          But In India I have one current Actor who makes me amazed of his work is Amir Khan . So many people makes fun of his notion for perfection . But the end result makes me in Awe of his work . I don't care [ I think , he doesn't care what people think ] as He gives his best each time [ according to me ] He takes retakes until he is satisfied or improved his scene . 
          It is also not fair to compare OBS / SGP either . Even though It is from the same production house . They have right to change script or story according to their wishes .  Lolita - Suaha should not b compare either , they r both different persons . as SGP - OBS r 2 different serials . Suhana is different from Lolita as they changed Lolita's character when they started SGP so It's not all Ragini .  They have done OBS before & then started SGP but It is not fair to them , they r copy pasting . There r many factors in play for behind scenes too . V just see the faces who work in front to the cameras BUT what about those who work behind & feel the pressure from every where .  They must b pressured to write the way they do . They also deserve the benefit of doubt like Ragini . 
mjtruelegend thumbnail

Originally posted by: netri

Wrong person ๐Ÿ˜†, She will never get tired defending RAGINI ๐Ÿ˜‰. But Ru , I live ur writing !! 

Sorry to say that you are completely mistaken about me. I am not a person who doesn't recognise her shortcomings. If you go back read, I too have said about her good and not so good performances. Whenever she has underperformed I have told Ragini about it myself and asked her to rectify her mistakes as soon as possible. This  is only early days for her so of course she'll make mistakes and learn as her journey of acting goes on and I've always given her constructive criticism and I have seen the results too.
mjtruelegend thumbnail

Originally posted by: MadameX

I know she and Sheema won't get tired of defending but MJ's response in and of itself showed that she didn't have much argument against my argument. ๐Ÿ˜‰ So essentialy I win. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ Ab sab ne mera dhum dekha...now I need to relax and recharge (aka go and eat...feeling super hungry ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†) and then will respond to your post above. Didn't think it'd take more energyt o write sensible posts...I'm all spent out. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

I respected what you wrote and I said I get your point. I kept my response short and sweet, it doesn't mean that I have nothing to say. Sometimes I believe it's best not to always elaborate on what I feel, because I may upset someone unintentionally, which I wouldn't dream of doing. My silence does not mean that I am right or wrong. It's not about right or wrong, my discussion is purely on the recent performance as the title suggests, nothing else.
mjtruelegend thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovable_ragzfan

when did this happen๐Ÿ˜•? is it that i missed a part of live telecast?

Sheetu it was in the live telecast, in the latter part of the show. He was very sweet and nice to Ragini. SRK is a very people's person. A great entertainer. I'm not his fan but I admire his persona.
tejeshec thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I am truly blessed to have people here with such diverse thought process. Reading each of u'r posts gives me such a high. Ekta, Nets, Sheemu and Auntyji I might sound very diplomatic when I say that each one of u is right in u'r own way but I wouldn't want to stop myself from saying it just cuz it sounds so.

I have my reasons and I have my thought process. Some may agree with whatever I am going to say and some might not. Its all fair as everyone is unique and everyone's reasons and requirements here are different.

1. A fair discussion about a personality according to me happens when the people who are in discussion are neither the fans of nor anti of that personality. The moment a fan enters into an argument with a person who is neutral there is a very high probability that words are spoken out from the fan's soft corner. There can never be a consensus in such cases. So just give u'r inputs and leave it to the Gods to decide๐Ÿคฃ

2. When should we waste our times in deciding can someone else would have done some role better than the one who is currently playing?

a) Are we not happy with the current one?

b) Can we ring in a change now if a better one is available?

First ask yourself that and then decide if we need to spend time pondering on it๐Ÿ˜†

3. Even after that if we want to enter this argument then If we think that there can be no one as good as Ragini for Suhana, can we say it by swearing on God.๐Ÿ˜†.  On a serious note shouldn't we ask ourselves was Suhana written for Ragini or Ragini chosen for Suhana. Going by the information what we have Ragini was chosen for Suhana from a sample which comprises of a handful of television stars.

a) According to probability theory the smaller the sample size the bigger the deviation from reality. So there is a big chance that Ragini might not be the best person on this planet to play Suhana.

b) If we are limiting this discussion to only that sample size then yes no one from that sample size could have played Suhana better. Please be careful I said from that sample size not from the world.

4. Now coming to the other side of the argument If we think that there can be someone better than Ragini to portray Suhana then

a) is it purely based on a universal feeling that no one can be considered perfect for a job unless we sample all the available options? OR

b) is it based on some available facts that we have seen someone else play a similar if not exactly the same character better?

Now if we feel that just cuz someone has played a more complex character than Suhana then it doesn't mean that the person can pull off Suhana better. This is not mathematics nor science this is art. You see it and only then you decide. You can't calculate nor predict.

Sorry it became too long. When I started reading all the posts I got confused at some point as I was trying hard to interpret both the sides of the argument by being as neutral as possible. And whatever I have written in this post is what I felt during my interpretation. Thank you for being so patient with my post.
iViews thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

@ Sheemu , My comment was out of Humor or My fail attemp at humor . Never to insult U [ Which I think U take it that way ] so I have taken my comment down . ๐Ÿ˜Š

@ Tejesh , Can U give me summery of what U have written as On my day of I don't want to stress my Mind . ๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by netri - 12 years ago
tejeshec thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: netri

@ Tejesh , Can U give me summery of what U have written as On my day of I don't want to stress my Mind . ๐Ÿ˜†

Nets I wrote all that assuming atleast you will read it. And you have to say this๐Ÿ˜ญ...Anyways to cut a long story short:
We are not going to get anything useful out of this discussion so just question yourself about u'r thoughts. If u get a sound answer then just be happy irrespective of what others think or feel๐Ÿ˜†..

Now don't ask me to summarize this๐Ÿคฃ