Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

infinity00 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
While I am impressed with Ekhta,s sensitive approach I still hold my position just as Dilip Kumar was the real Devdaas , the real Salim ( mughle azam) and just as Madhu Bala was real Anar Kali , I would say only Ragini would have played Suhana the best , as the character of Suhana needed somebody with class, attitude, humbleness, purity, hard work and not be afraid of taking risks of doing things out of the book! For me Ragini is Suhana just as Bharti was Ragini . The evidence is 400 plus episodes as a proof. I wouldn't dream of seeing anybody else doing Suhana for even a minute, it would be the most scary thing for me .
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MadameX

MJ, you're missing my point. Other female actresses act like other characters because that's their defined role. Suhana is a completely different character from all those other characters because of how the CVs have directed and characterized her as. If CVs wanted Suhana to be like ardarsh bahus with mahaan acting, even Ragini could essay that role but she doesn't choose to when signing on shows. She preferred roles with minimal rhona dhona and quite unlike other characters usually portrayed. Directors were also able to see Suhana in her during casting as well. But the thing is, what if there's another actress who can portray Suhana just as well if not better? We haven't given a chance to this unknown being if she exists and have already written her off as being impossible to do the role of Suhana. Of course this actress's portrayal of Suhana may be a bit different but what matters most is that the character can touch our hearts and convey the desired message clearly.

Look at Disha's situation. Disha 1 (aka Pooja) couldn't properly convey certain things really well that instantly should touch the viewers' hearts when it should have but Disha 2 did it instantly. The character Disha is the same but the actresses have changed. Directors saw Disha in first actress but when second actress came along as mere replacement, she was the better choice for audience. Because we saw two sides of the coin, we can judge better. But in Suhana/Ragini's situation, we haven't seen the other side of the coin so why pass on a judgement that only Ragini is capable of bringing out the character of Suhana really well? Maybe she is but how do we know without seeing it first?

Ekta please don't misunderstand me. I do get your point. I was just giving the reasons as to why I feel the way I do, that's all.
mjtruelegend thumbnail

Originally posted by: asad.shah

Ragini is a great actress and no doubt and questions on her acting. If she is not so talented y would she got a chance to host R.A One's music launch while there are a lot of actresses in star plus. She is a great actress and every one knows abt her talent

As I said before, all can be very good at what they do but there are some who give alot more than what they are required which is why I guess people ask her to host events/shows. Her personality goes byeond an actress and people are recognising that!

It was very nice of SRK who treated Ragini with respect and kindness at the launch. He asked someone to get her &Vivaan a chair to give their legs a rest. Very good of him and I guess he did that because he saw her hard work and efforts to present the function well.

mjtruelegend thumbnail

Originally posted by: venture

While I am impressed with Ekhta,s sensitive approach I still hold my position just as Dilip Kumar was the real Devdaas , the real Salim ( mughle azam) and just as Madhu Bala was real Anar Kali , I would say only Ragini would have played Suhana the best , as the character of Suhana needed somebody with class, attitude, humbleness, purity, hard work and not be afraid of taking risks of doing things out of the book! For me Ragini is Suhana just as Bharti was Ragini . The evidence is 400 plus episodes as a proof. I wouldn't dream of seeing anybody else doing Suhana for even a minute, it would be the most scary thing for me .

Yes I agree di totally, someone else may give a different dimention to character but Ragini will always remain the ORIGINAL Suhana! I cannot imagine anyone else in her place.

_Procrastinator thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mjtruelegend

It was very nice of SRK who treated Ragini with respect and kindness at the launch. He asked someone to get her &Vivaan a chair to give their legs a rest. Very good of him and I guess he did that because he saw her hard work and efforts to present the function well.

Ohh dats something new to me ..
di how do u know dis btw???

MadameX thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
@ Sheema: to each their own, I guess.

@ MJ: I understand that but I'm also giving reasons as to why I think you're wrong. 😆
iViews thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

MJ, you're missing my point. Other female actresses act like other characters because that's their defined role. Suhana is a completely different character from all those other characters because of how the CVs have directed and characterized her as. If CVs wanted Suhana to be like ardarsh bahus with mahaan acting, even Ragini could essay that role but she doesn't choose to when signing on shows. She preferred roles with minimal rhona dhona and quite unlike other characters usually portrayed. Directors were also able to see Suhana in her during casting as well. But the thing is, what if there's another actress who can portray Suhana just as well if not better? We haven't given a chance to this unknown being if she exists and have already written her off as being impossible to do the role of Suhana. Of course this actress's portrayal of Suhana may be a bit different but what matters most is that the character can touch our hearts and convey the desired message clearly.

Look at Disha's situation. Disha 1 (aka Pooja) couldn't properly convey certain things really well that instantly should touch the viewers' hearts when it should have but Disha 2 did it instantly. The character Disha is the same but the actresses have changed. Directors saw Disha in first actress but when second actress came along as mere replacement, she was the better choice for audience. Because we saw two sides of the coin, we can judge better. But in Suhana/Ragini's situation, we haven't seen the other side of the coin so why pass on a judgement that only Ragini is capable of bringing out the character of Suhana really well? Maybe she is but how do we know without seeing it first?

* Muahhh * RU , Hai Kahi nazar naa lage !!!! 😆    I agree with 10000000000000 ...00 % . 😉   I bet If someone tries to find the actress , They will b able to fine ONE . 
              Now Now , It depends on so many factors . Like rest of the cast . Even If V don't change them then just adding the new actor . Each actor has their own flavor , New actor will bring new flavor . If U r going to look for OLD FLAVOR then U will only disappoint Ur self . As for Sheema Di's example , Remember not only Actor was different but whole cast , writers , directors Everything changed . So when Everything changed doesn't it mean it will have a new taste !!!!!             
           Since It is not about " Is It All Her Fault " Q . any more Ragini Fans r saying it's scripts Fault , Others r saying It everyone else fault including Ragini then This debate is not necessary . 
           Acting is not something U can learn . Either U have it or not . It has no language , region , or anything else for that matter . It is a Job like any other . I have seen people complain about their Job as they have to do sometimes this lousy jobs which they prefer not to . Other option for that is Get fired . But Ragini can not hide behind Lousy Scripts .  Ragini is unhappy Leave but she has not right to give Off performance in the name of Writers .  I m saying it is her fault but Giving OFF SCENES is her liability . Learn from it . When there is a serious scene going on , Fellow actor is saying her lines , & either during or end of the her lines Ragini gives happy Facial Expression is not something I can look past easily . 
             Besides It is not " THE RAGINI SHOW " This is Family show so is part of the TEAM ,  She represents the End Face of Product SUHANA . If she gives wrong kind of expressions , then it affects the Product . I get it there is script but Also in acting there is thing called Under acting . so she can certainly tone it down a notch .   I m not talking about the scenes where she has lousy lines . Even when she has OK lines she gives weird Expressions !!!! That's it for me . 
        Ru , Plz keep writing like this ... I love ur sensible side , hope don't have to tell U about how much I like ur other side right !!     🤣
iViews thumbnail
Edited 😊
Edited by netri - 12 years ago
MadameX thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: netri

Wrong person 😆, She will never get tired defending RAGINI 😉. But Ru , I live ur writing !! 

I know she and Sheema won't get tired of defending but MJ's response in and of itself showed that she didn't have much argument against my argument. 😉 So essentialy I win. 🤣🤣 Ab sab ne mera dhum dekha...now I need to relax and recharge (aka go and eat...feeling super hungry 😆😆) and then will respond to your post above. Didn't think it'd take more energyt o write sensible posts...I'm all spent out. 🤣🤣
iViews thumbnail

I know she and Sheema won't get tired of defending but MJ's response in and of itself showed that she didn't have much argument against my argument. 😉 So essentialy I win. 🤣🤣 Ab sab ne mera dhum dekha...now I need to relax and recharge (aka go and eat...feeling super hungry 😆😆) and then will respond to your post above. Didn't think it'd take more energyt o write sensible posts...I'm all spent out. 🤣🤣

😲  🤣   🤣  👏  My Energizer !!!😆