Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tejeshec thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: mjtruelegend

It's not about being a central figure or main lead, it's about the quality of characterisation. No matter how big or small the role is, the writing should remain consistent and true to the character. Writing has flaws so therefore one cannot perform as the way they used to.

When u are the central figure u get solo scenes where the interaction with others is less. But when u are in a team u need to respond to others and match their timing which is not easy. I felt in such situations Ragini has to improve and learn the art of underplaying her part at times.
Edited by tejeshec - 12 years ago
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: tejeshec

When u are the central figure u get solo scenes where the interaction with others is less. But when u are in a team u need to respond to others and match their timing which is not easy. I felt in such situations Ragini has to improve and learn the art of underplaying her part at times.

She does respond but not as well as she used to, again that is because her character is not how it used to be! In some parts, more than her acting it's her expression that have not been up to the mark and I've noted that and tweeted to Ragini that she needs to rectify it asap. Just thought of being constructive.

Of course every artist can improve. Everyday is a learning day for all humans not just artists and acting/performing is such a craft that there is no end to mastering the required skills. Even living legends speak of learning new skills and methods everyday so I'm sure that Ragini too will get better and better given that the creatives allow her character to grow. She can't make that happen, that's up to the writers!
Edited by mjtruelegend - 12 years ago
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Originally posted by: madhu_d

Sheemu...I feel that there is no fault of her..its the fault of director and script writer..

An actor will perform according to the choice of director and the story line..and the dialogues given to her/him...

when performing in the team there is nothing to show more of her as its not focus on the individual..so taking that a base and feeling that she is unable to deliver is a wrong notion according to me..When the performance is with the team look at the whole team not an Individual..

C.V's are involving suhana even though she is not needed...Ex: there was no need of convo between BM-Suhana when there are so many elders in the house..it would have been apt if they show BM-Rajni scene instead of  suhana..Like-wise many or there..when there is no room for her making her to involve with unnecessary dialogues is effecting personality of ragini..

EVen after BM fisco..i found very odd that they dint show any mature convo between Sushaan..if would have given both of them a chance to perform and be in limelight at the same time giving importance to other characters..

So its upto to the C.v's how to utilize N exploit the talent of the actors..as everyone are truly dedicated professionals

Absolutely Madhu, I agree totally. You see they know what kind of artists they have, so they should plan scenes accordingly, of course keeping in mind "the authenticity of the character" and the situation. Everyone responds differently but at times they give such random dialogues to them that it's insulting to one's intelligence to be watching it! Anyways, it's been better recently so I am just staying positive, not expecting anything in particular.
infinity00 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I agree with all of you, as all your points makes sense, except I find it difficult to agree that Suhana could have been played better by someone else as Disha,s replacement is doing a better job, I dont agree as the old Disha did not portrayed the actual character of Disha which was naturally sweet and understanding , she had her flaws too but her sweetness were natural, and that natural sweetness was big time missing in old Disha as it looked forced in some places, she was not all bad but yes the beauty of Disha,s character was not seen then . Now come to Ragini being replaced IF, then I don't think that who ever will take it would be able to portray the spontaneity of Suhana, Ragini looked natural in that , who ever will take over might not be able to convincingly portray that, Suhana is pure at heart, as Ragini brought that purity through her eyes, especially when they get wet and sparkle, it might be glycerine but the expression with that sparkle are hard to beat, the voice modulation is hard to beat. I agree with Tejesh that sometime when working in a team you need to forget who you are and should be part of that team , this is the only area where Ragini needs to learn just like Supriya jee, Suraj , Sudhir Panaday jee, Sadia , they are experienced , they know when to do what and how much, Ragini will InshaAllah learn that in good time as she is fairly new in the field and acting is always about learning and maturing, she is on the right path , with right attitude and with great actors around her, I am sure she will learn it . after being part of 400 plus episode day in and day out is difficult  and one should be allowed to go off colour, bigger actors then Ragini rust a bit after doing so much work constantly, the senior actors of SGP are use to of it. I dont think there is a need to panic , she just gave few episode below her own standard we should give her benefit of doubt.
If you know where you are going wrong then its easier to rectify your mistakes so I hope Ragini reads all our honest comments which are made only to help her to achieve the best.
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Originally posted by: MadameX

To those saying that Ragini is the only who can portray Suhana really well...I don't think it's fair to make a statement like that when no one has ever before played Suhana's role (not talking about Lolita). If someone else were to come in the place of Ragini and did an even better job as in Disha's case, then what? It's just we're so used to seeing Ragini as Suhana that it feels only she can portray the character well.

We're merely expressing our opinions as many of us have seen her acting for a good few years now. I've seen Ragini in 4 very different roles and I have watched many others in lead/side roles and I confidently say that I believe that no one would be able to play Suhana the way Ragini does. Yes they may do well too, but not like Ragini.

Usually, female leads are always doing something mahaan and is seen sacrificing and in return they are hated by in-laws/families, etc. They are  very conventional roles, like an "adarsh" bahu/beti. It's much easier to play roles that are "traditionally" accepted withing the parameters of what's considered as a "good role model" who very rarely make mistakes and are almost always right.

Suhana is a complex character with many facets. She's has many shades and can be very enigmatic. Someone like her could have easily been turned into a less likable character if it hadn't been for the nuances that Ragini's added. Ritabhari was wonderful as Lolita but she too wouldn't be able to essay Suhana. Lolita was lovable but she didn't have the charm or that X factor that Suhana has.  Suhana is based on Lolita, but she is stronger and has a far more striking personality. Many duplicated scenes of OBS were more enjoyable in SGP due to Ragini's portrayal.

Again I mean no offense as this is my personal view based on what I have seen on television and movies (bollywood&hollywood)throughout my life so far.
MadameX thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
MJ, you're missing my point. Other female actresses act like other characters because that's their defined role. Suhana is a completely different character from all those other characters because of how the CVs have directed and characterized her as. If CVs wanted Suhana to be like ardarsh bahus with mahaan acting, even Ragini could essay that role but she doesn't choose to when signing on shows. She preferred roles with minimal rhona dhona and quite unlike other characters usually portrayed. Directors were also able to see Suhana in her during casting as well. But the thing is, what if there's another actress who can portray Suhana just as well if not better? We haven't given a chance to this unknown being if she exists and have already written her off as being impossible to do the role of Suhana. Of course this actress's portrayal of Suhana may be a bit different but what matters most is that the character can touch our hearts and convey the desired message clearly.
Look at Disha's situation. Disha 1 (aka Pooja) couldn't properly convey certain things really well that instantly should touch the viewers' hearts when it should have but Disha 2 did it instantly. The character Disha is the same but the actresses have changed. Directors saw Disha in first actress but when second actress came along as mere replacement, she was the better choice for audience. Because we saw two sides of the coin, we can judge better. But in Suhana/Ragini's situation, we haven't seen the other side of the coin so why pass on a judgement that only Ragini is capable of bringing out the character of Suhana really well? Maybe she is but how do we know without seeing it first?
MadameX thumbnail
And I had already put out a disclaimer that Suhana should not be compared to Lolita even though the characters are essentially the same because the background of the story is a little different in that one has Bengali background so her mannerisms and behavior will be different from that of the other who has Delhi background.

Basically, I want to bring out that comparisons have to be made properly...there has has to be an equal base before a comparison can be made otherwise it's unnecessary.
asad.shah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ragini is a great actress and no doubt and questions on her acting. If she is not so talented y would she got a chance to host R.A One's music launch while there are a lot of actresses in star plus. She is a great actress and every one knows abt her talent
111192 thumbnail
Originally posted by: MadameX

MJ, you're missing my point. Other female actresses act like other characters because that's their defined role. Suhana is a completely different character from all those other characters because of how the CVs have directed and characterized her as. If CVs wanted Suhana to be like ardarsh bahus with mahaan acting, even Ragini could essay that role but she doesn't choose to when signing on shows. She preferred roles with minimal rhona dhona and quite unlike other characters usually portrayed. Directors were also able to see Suhana in her during casting as well. But the thing is, what if there's another actress who can portray Suhana just as well if not better? We haven't given a chance to this unknown being if she exists and have already written her off as being impossible to do the role of Suhana. Of course this actress's portrayal of Suhana may be a bit different but what matters most is that the character can touch our hearts and convey the desired message clearly.

Look at Disha's situation. Disha 1 (aka Pooja) couldn't properly convey certain things really well that instantly should touch the viewers' hearts when it should have but Disha 2 did it instantly. The character Disha is the same but the actresses have changed. Directors saw Disha in first actress but when second actress came along as mere replacement, she was the better choice for audience. Because we saw two sides of the coin, we can judge better. But in Suhana/Ragini's situation, we haven't seen the other side of the coin so why pass on a judgement that only Ragini is capable of bringing out the character of Suhana really well? Maybe she is but how do we know without seeing it first?

👏

ekta mai i am amazed ...you can write such a long write up that too a sensible one😉😆
MadameX thumbnail
Originally posted by: 111192

👏

ekta mai i am amazed ...you can write such a long write up that too a sensible one😉😆

Now that I have been issued a restraining order, I have to channel my bak bak in other ways. 😭 😭🤣