Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tejeshec thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Agree with Nets on the fault thingy. Viewers rate the performance of artists as good/bad/ugly. Some artists are good from the beginning they are masters of their craft, some are average to begin with but in course of time learn the craft and turn good but some can never become good how much ever they try. Such is art. You can't guarantee that everyone will be able to master the form. So its no one's fault. You have it in you or you don't thats it. It is God's gift.

Now coming to rating Ragini as an artist based on my interpretation of good/bad/ugly I have always tried to remove the script/direction from my judging criteria. But whenever I used to criticize the loopholes in script/direction/characterization it was always the character Suhana and not Ragini.

Having said that now when I sitback to give my opinion on Ragini's acting abilities I would say she was good in the beginning in few sequences and currently I don't find it that good, its plain average. This doesn't mean that her acting prowess has gone down. It only means that she stood out in scenes which we can say she is good/comfortable at like scenes which were heavy on emotion, comedy etc. Also in the early phase the focus and story was completely on her.

But currently the demand and situation is different. She is no more the central figure. And according to me she needs to improve by being more of a team player and should tone down a bit.    
Edited by tejeshec - 12 years ago
unexpectedlife thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I frankly telling have now lost interest in SGP and have opened the SGP forum after many days. But all of it being Ragini's fault? I completely disagree with it. I mean blaming an actor for a loss of storyline by the writers is so stupid. An actor does what he or she is told to do according to the storyline. And in the recent episodes, Ragini actually has not much to do. Actually we cannot blame anyone in my opinion. The writers are atleast maintaining the standard of SGP. Although they are at a loss of storyline, they have not just allowed it to become like the typical saas bahu shows ( which many unconventional shows tend to do after sometime). And I am sure that the makers will overcome this, and we will get our old SGP back.  
MadameX thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
To those saying that Ragini is the only who can portray Suhana really well...I don't think it's fair to make a statement like that when no one has ever before played Suhana's role (not talking about Lolita). If someone else were to come in the place of Ragini and did an even better job as in Disha's case, then what? It's just we're so used to seeing Ragini as Suhana that it feels only she can portray the character well.
tejeshec thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: MadameX

To those saying that Ragini is the only who can portray Suhana really well...I don't think it's fair to make a statement like that when no one has ever before played Suhana's role (not talking about Lolita). If someone else were to come in the place of Ragini and did an even better job as in Disha's case, then what? It's just we're so used to seeing Ragini as Suhana that it feels only she can portray the character well.

πŸ‘πŸΌ
madhu_d thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sheemu...I feel that there is no fault of her..its the fault of director and script writer..
An actor will perform according to the choice of director and the story line..and the dialogues given to her/him...

when performing in the team there is nothing to show more of her as its not focus on the individual..so taking that a base and feeling that she is unable to deliver is a wrong notion according to me..When the performance is with the team look at the whole team not an Individual..

C.V's are involving suhana even though she is not needed...Ex: there was no need of convo between BM-Suhana when there are so many elders in the house..it would have been apt if they show BM-Rajni scene instead of  suhana..Like-wise many or there..when there is no room for her making her to involve with unnecessary dialogues is effecting personality of ragini..

EVen after BM fisco..i found very odd that they dint show any mature convo between Sushaan..if would have given both of them a chance to perform and be in limelight at the same time giving importance to other characters..

So its upto to the C.v's how to utilize N exploit the talent of the actors..as everyone are truly dedicated professionals

MadameX thumbnail
Originally posted by: madhu_d

Sheemu...I feel that there is no fault of her..its the fault of director and script writer..

An actor will perform according to the choice of director and the story line..and the dialogues given to her/him...

when performing in the team there is nothing to show more of her as its not focus on the individual..so taking that a base and feeling that she is unable to deliver is a wrong notion according to me..When the performance is with the team look at the whole team not an Individual..

C.V's are involving suhana even though she is not needed...Ex: there was no need of convo between BM-Suhana when there are so many elders in the house..it would have been apt if they show BM-Rajni scene instead of  suhana..Like-wise many or there..when there is no room for her making her to involve with unnecessary dialogues is effecting personality of ragini..

EVen after BM fisco..i found very odd that they dint show any mature convo between Sushaan..if would have given both of them a chance to perform and be in limelight at the same time giving importance to other characters..

So its upto to the C.v's how to utilize N exploit the talent of the actors..as everyone are truly dedicated professionals

I'm sure everyone can be dedicated but some just can't act for the most part *coughIleshcough* πŸ˜†
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: MadameX

Truthfully, I haven't been watching the episodes and only been reading the updates for several weeks now thus so far I had been only going by the general consenus of the forum. So I don't know exactly to what degree Suhana's acting seems unbearable but from the written updates that I've been reading, it seems a lot as if the script for Suhana the character has been pretty bad. I mean, she's basically told to be an enthusiastic psycho obsessed girl whenever something captures her interest greatly (ie, Khushi, Deepak, Ishaan, etc). So the CVs are butchering the characterisation of Suhana for the most part. Other than that, I wish Ragini through her own interpretation and acting can tone down the dumbness she is portraying...enthusiasm can be shown in many different ways. But I don't know...maybe the directors are happy with her portrayal of Suhana or it's exactly what they wanted...whatever it is, it's a bit hard to decide where the blame if any should be laid. So far, it seems as if it's more the fault of the script and direction of it.

Hope this makes sense...if not, just tell me. I'll try to reword it again. πŸ˜†

It does make sense. You know at 1st the wiritng was great, may be because they followed OBS pretty much to the T, but now there is no consistency in her character. Somedays you get really good scenes and lovely acting and other days she's back to being silly again! Yesterday she was good in the emotional parts but then the very last scene was spoilt by the antics. Why did the CV's do that?That's a flaw in their writing and the direction, not the performers.
Edited by mjtruelegend - 12 years ago
MadameX thumbnail
Originally posted by: mjtruelegend

It does make sense. You know at 1st the wiritng was great, may be because they followed OBS pretty much to the T, but now there is no consistency in her character. Somedays you get really good scenes and lovely acting and other days she's back to being silly again! Yesterday she was good in the emotional parts but then the very last scene was spoilt by thea antics. Why did the CV's do that?That's a flaw in their writing and the direction, not the performers.

It could be this or it could be as Tejesh said. Again, I don't know where the blame should be laid. πŸ˜†
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Originally posted by: abhi786

Sheemu.. For me Ragini is only one actress now who can potraying suhana character so well, no one could do that.. YES I fully agree with that!

When SGP started, the story is about Suhana journey and growth and changes in her character.. That time Ragini just lived as Suhana.. Even though suhana is not perfect.. people liked her.. It's because a lot of girls go through very similar situations of "adjusting to your new family and her character was very relatable and very normal. I know 2 gilrs who are like her.

Even in S**A track also, she was good in potraying suhana's pain. When she 1st tim know that she got tumor. that scene she is excellent with Jay.. Later in anmesia track also Ragini was good..yes she was, it's gone downhill since then!

But now it's been 1 month to 3 weeks.. kushi track started...The writing has so FLAWS.. today suhana says she bought the child hre disha, and she is the mom.. But the next day they show, suhana trying to tell kushi call her mom or trying to be kushi's mom..It doesn't make sense does it? There is no continuity!

Viwers got confused.. what really suhana has in her mind... It's directorial and writing fault.. What there now for Ragini to perform.. in kushi track, she is one among the chichura gang.. Nothing is there to perform, not a single good dialogues for her...So true, I wish she could be at her Dad's place, she's much better there as a Bajpaye.

Even though kushi track is not finished, later also BM-BP Inder has scope to perform.. but where is Suhana.. how can she perform, when there is not characterisation..I think CVS stop writing the characterisation of Sushaan.. Nothing is there for them to perform now a days.. I am so bored, as CVS wasting the leads characters Ragini and Jay..It's a shame that they have ruined 2 of them most lovable characters and they are still continuing in doing so..

I feel somewhere Ragini is feeling bad, nothing is there for her to perform, she is there one among the chichura gang and just enjoying with kushi.. Just like previous disha felt, may be ragini is also feeling the same.. But Ragini can't complain and talk about her characterisation, as till anmesia track, her character is well.. Exactly my point! Lead actors hands are tied because of whatever reasons there may be. It's easier for others leave, the lead cannot leave so easily.

I agree SGP is a family serial, but one has to agree that SGP has got popular because of sushaan track and family track.. Sushaan track is so different people loved them .. Now what CVS are giving them.. No good scenes, dialogues.. just like showpiece they are there in the show...Very TRUE

I am sad that CVS are killing that lovable suhana, which they made.. and making her caracterisation DUMB these days...
You're sad? 😭It makes me want to cry how they've killed my most beloved charcter.

I just want atleast now CVS give meaningful Sushaan track.. They can show BP-BM track as main plot, but show sushaan track as sub-plot.. So that Ragini and Jay  can potray and show their talent..Amen to that!

Abhi dear, I don't know much about you but everytime you respond to me or others, I always smile thinking "she thinks like me"! It sooo nice to know that. I love the way you convey your thoughts, lovely post.
Edited by mjtruelegend - 12 years ago
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Originally posted by: lovable_ragzfan

As far as I have undrstd... Ragini's potrayal of the character 'suhana' is according to the CV's writing..

Ragini as an actor has to just potray suhana through her expressions, other than that she doesn't have a right to say in the script/writing.πŸ˜‰
 Its only Ragini who is able to potray 'suhana' upto the mark.. if not her than there's no one who can do that.😊.
I agree on the point that my fav. character 'suhana' is changed from a very innocent somewhat sensible girl into a'dumb' who's always behind one or the other member of the family at a time..(Here I mean extraaa possesiveness)
It's absolutely Cv's fault..

Am sure that given a solid & meaningful track/dialogues Ragini  will have scope to prove her talent!!😊

Yes that is what she needs a meaningful track which brings back the original Suhana whom I adore to bits. Maybe in today's or next week's episode will mark a new beginning for both Ishaan/Suhana's characters (due to Ishaan getting a job transfer) because of they really have not grown much since BT track and I am really looking foward to seeing some maturity in both!