Sasural Genda Phool

Is it ALL her fault?Regarding the recent portrayal

mjtruelegend thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello there, I've read many comments regarding Ragini's performance these days and I would just like to share with you that I asked this question to Ragini myself on twitter on the 27th July..

"do you have any say in the story/script/writing of SGP episodes/scenes? Ragini's reply was

"No we do not have any right, our job is to execute only"

Which means that the actors are there to only perform what has been written. They've slaughtered Suhana's character since the amnesia track (I'll never forgive them for that) but now she's improved a lot since the  "Shashikala" days🤢 but yes her scenes are not as impactful as they used to be.

If you look back when the writing was super, each scene of Suhana's was written and directed beautifully and of course Ragini was spellbinding because the opportunity of performing then was far greater than it is now. Some of her scenes were so brilliant that I used to gasp with amazement and have tears in my eyes for the emotional scenes with BM. Even during the BT track, when she found out the truth, she was brilliant...her many layers of emotions, her many shades of ambiguity, her expressions and her acting overall was so powerful but in a very subtle way. Ragini made me feel her pain and made me cry! No other television actors have managed to move me to tears, she was the 1st one.
👏

Yes a good actor can make an average scene look really good, but what is the actor to do if the dialogues/scenes are not written well? What is to do if quality of her characterisation has been reduced tremendously? She doesn't have the right to do what Suhana used to do BEFORE because she has to follow what's been written NOW...she's not allowed to do anything different.

Please don't think I am defending her because I am an avid fan but I don't think it's her fault entirely. I too have noticed the shortcomings but SGP being a show on SP, the writing really doesn't allow great depth for one to master their craft because of the restricted creativity exhibited in the screenplay. I've heard it many times before where the actor leaves or has problems with the production team because of such reasons but I guess if they've signed contracts then it's not so easy...Ragini's hands may be tied.

An actor can only perform wonders if the creativity permits them to improvise, be spontaneous and bewitching.

Whether it's movies, television shows, sit-comes, drama serials, it is the creative writing/screenplay that makes or breaks it, not the actor. This is the reason that many big budget movies with A-star artists fail at the box office.

Since initiation, Ragini has proved that she can excel which means she is fully capable of giving us amazing portrayal again, but all that depends on what the writers want Suhana to do. Considering her character has been degraded, I believe she still acts rather well, not great like before but still good. Tell me, can you imagine ANY OTHER actors depicting Suhana in a better way? I don't think so because she's acting within the parameters of what she's allowed to do!

From all the bits and pieces on television that I've seen in the last decade, she's by far the best actress I've seen for the small screen.👏Of course there's always room for improvement. She'll develop and grow even further than where she is now.

Edited by mjtruelegend - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iViews thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I have no idea where the Q. of " Is It All her Fault " arises but I will give my 2 cents .

First & Foremost I don't think any one here blames RAGINI  for anything . I have been in discussion everyday Unless I have missed something [Which is possible ]. I believe she is a good actor doesn't mean she is GREAT one . She has lot to learn . She has been good in many scenes . I agree that she has given powerful performances . Where I m with U . I will 👏 for anyone's performances [ As long as they r well earned ] 

I have said negative about Ragini in today's Discussion thread & I will admit to that. For me as a viewer her expression is not even good enough . As for blaming her " FOR WHAT ? " .

I see my self as a consumer , If The product they provide is not acceptable , I have right to return it or throw it away. I don't watch SGP for Ragini . I watch SGP for the actors , stories that I can relate to . I watch anyone who gives mind blowing performances . I don't concentrate on one character or One actor . Ragini's expressions r off now a days [ I only commented on it today] Regardless of reasons , They all get paid to do their JOB . If I don't perform my job well , Would my boss will let me off easily or would I b able to ask  " IS IT ALL MY FAULT " or " WHAT's MY FAULT " Professionalism is necessary . To me Story , Dialog , Script is necessary Actors can't control that but FACIAL EXPRESSIONS is something they can control or something they should b able to do well .

This goes for all the actors Not just Ragini. I don't have problem with her [ Suhana is another story ] but not even good enough performance is not acceptable for me . 

Again , I m clueless to the title but these r my thoughts. 
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Netri my title means that is it all her fault that her performance has not been as good they used to be? In serials, acting and performing is not just about the artist, it's also about the writing and the screenplay and Yes she is also doing her job, she's doing what she's been given to do, which is below the standard of what we're used to. Edited by mjtruelegend - 12 years ago
mjtruelegend thumbnail
I've edited the title, hope it makes better sense!
iViews thumbnail
Originally posted by: mjtruelegend

Netri my title means that is it all her fault that her performance has not been as good they used to be? In serials, acting and performing is not just about the artist, it's also about the writing and the screenplay and Yes she is also doing her job, she's doing what she's been given to do, which is below the standard of what we're used to.

😳   Ohh Ok Now I get it .   😆  Anyway Not all of it is her fault but not giving good or barely acceptable performance is not good for me . People like me gets bored easily & move to other things . If It weren't for BM , Alok , Dadaji , Inder , Disha . Rajni , Meena . I would have stopped watching SGP long time ago . She may have personal or professional reasons for giving these kind of job but in my book One must take there job seriously . As  a viewer, It is not Just acceptable in my book . I understand there r other elements , Do what U can , Do what U know. She knows her craft . 
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Originally posted by: netri

😳   Ohh Ok Now I get it .   😆  Anyway Not all of it is her fault but not giving good or barely acceptable performance is not good for me . People like me gets bored easily & move to other things . If It weren't for BM , Alok , Dadaji , Inder , Disha . Rajni , Meena . I would have stopped watching SGP long time ago . She may have personal or professional reasons for giving these kind of job but in my book One must take there job seriously . As  a viewer, It is not Just acceptable in my book . I understand there r other elements , Do what U can , Do what U know. She knows her craft . 

See what I am trying to say is that I've heard many stories where actors leave or they are unhappy with what's been shown, but I think SP has changed and now the leads have to sign a contract to stay with the show until it ends. So they have to do whatever is given to them. For that reason I think she still does well, not great but I cannot think of anyone who would do a better job, do you?

Think about it, if the quality of the character drops, then it's the writing that letting us and her down because she is not getting the opportunity to portray how she used to and we are feeling let down because we know she was not like that before! Am I making sense?😆

iViews thumbnail
Originally posted by: mjtruelegend

See what I am trying to say is that I've heard many stories where actors leave or they are unhappy with what's been shown, but I think SP has changed and now the leads have to sign a contract to stay with the show until it ends. So they have to do whatever is given to them. For that reason I think she still does well, not great but I cannot think of anyone who would do a better job, do you?

Think about it, if the quality of the character drops, then it's the writing that letting us and her down because she is not getting the opportunity to portray how she used to and we are feeling let down because we know she was not like that before! Am I making sense?😆

See I m not watching it for RAGINI so what difference does it make for me if she is in the show or not ? She is a lead character but If she is that unhappy than leave the show . If can't than Do her job well . It is not a good excuse that since I m unhappy with story or script that I m giving these kind of performance . But she should not sabotage the serial for her advantage . [ Just kidding ] As for CVs they can't make everyone happy . If they give Ishan - Suhana only sensible scenes [ very few , less screen time ] then Fans r not happy as they don't get to see their Fav. Characters. but since they r not needed in those scenes Y would CVs put them there ?  But Ragini shoild evaluate her career if she is that unhappy with her job. There r far worst jobs out there . 
          More than anything During BP track I wanted to see BM - Rajni scene . I got to see that [ Very small, but I'll take what I can ]  . I m not interested in BM - Suhana anymore . I want to see others as well . Their interaction makes me very happy . One scene of BM - Rano which was really good.  So I m more interested in Other character than Ishan - Suhana so I m in haven . Others r doing fab. job for me . 
          But sadly TV industries only write stories regarding the Lead characters . So obviously , V have to see Ishan - Suhana in each episodes . Even though they r not needed , they r there just to keep fans happy. It has nothing do with Story . People r not interested in growth of the characters . I have done reaserch in other serials recently . Sadly All the lead girls r home , cooking , praying , taking 🤬  from either In-Laws or Husbands ... None of them has dream of doing other than that .  so compare that with current story regarding Suhana , Ragini has the better end of the deal . 
MadameX thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Truthfully, I haven't been watching the episodes and only been reading the updates for several weeks now thus so far I had been only going by the general consenus of the forum. So I don't know exactly to what degree Suhana's acting seems unbearable but from the written updates that I've been reading, it seems a lot as if the script for Suhana the character has been pretty bad. I mean, she's basically told to be an enthusiastic psycho obsessed girl whenever something captures her interest greatly (ie, Khushi, Deepak, Ishaan, etc). So the CVs are butchering the characterisation of Suhana for the most part. Other than that, I wish Ragini through her own interpretation and acting can tone down the dumbness she is portraying...enthusiasm can be shown in many different ways. But I don't know...maybe the directors are happy with her portrayal of Suhana or it's exactly what they wanted...whatever it is, it's a bit hard to decide where the blame if any should be laid. So far, it seems as if it's more the fault of the script and direction of it.

Hope this makes sense...if not, just tell me. I'll try to reword it again. 😆
Edited by MadameX - 12 years ago
abhi786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Sheemu.. For me Ragini is only one actress now who can potraying suhana character so well, no one could do that..

When SGP started, the story is about Suhana journey and growth and changes in her character.. That time Ragini just lived as Suhana.. Even though suhana is not perfect.. people liked her..

Even in S**A track also, she was good in potraying suhana's pain. When she 1st tim know that she got tumor. that scene she is excellent with Jay.. Later in anmesia track also Ragini was good..

But now it's been 1 month to 3 weeks.. kushi track started...The writing has so FLAWS.. today suhana says she bought the child hre disha, and she is the mom.. But the next day they show, suhana trying to tell kushi call her mom or trying to be kushi's mom..

Viwers got confused.. what really suhana has in her mind... It's directorial and writing fault.. What there now for Ragini to perform.. in kushi track, she is one among the chichura gang.. Nothing is there to perform, not a single good dialogues for her...

Even though kushi track is not finished, later also BM-BP Inder has scope to perform.. but where is Suhana.. how can she perform, when there is not characterisation..I think CVS stop writing the characterisation of Sushaan.. Nothing is there for them to perform now a days.. I am so bored, as CVS wasting the leads characters Ragini and Jay..

I feel somewhere Ragini is feeling bad, nothing is there for her to perform, she is there one among the chichura gang and just enjoying with kushi.. Just like previous disha felt, may be ragini is also feeling the same.. But Ragini can't complain and talk about her characterisation, as till anmesia track, her character is well..

I agree SGP is a family serial, but one has to agree that SGP has got popular because of sushaan track and family track.. Sushaan track is so different people loved them .. Now what CVS are giving them.. No good scenes, dialogues.. just like showpiece they are there in the show...

I am sad that CVS are killing that lovable suhana, which they made.. and making her caracterisation DUMB these days...

I just want atleast now CVS give meaningful Sushaan track.. They can show BP-BM track as main plot, but show sushaan track as sub-plot.. So that Ragini and Jay  can potray and show their talent..
lovable_ragzfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
As far as I have undrstd... Ragini's potrayal of the character 'suhana' is according to the CV's writing..
Ragini as an actor has to just potray suhana through her expressions, other than that she doesn't have a right to say in the script/writing.😉
 Its only Ragini who is able to potray 'suhana' upto the mark.. if not her than there's no one who can do that.😊.
I agree on the point that my fav. character 'suhana' is changed from a very innocent somewhat sensible girl into a'dumb' who's always behind one or the other member of the family at a time..(Here I mean extraaa possesiveness)
It's absolutely Cv's fault..

Am sure that given a solid & meaningful track/dialogues Ragini  will have scope to prove her talent!!😊