India-Forums

Saas Bina Sasuraal
Saas Bina Sasuraal

Malti's view point of Toasty

coolkitty_23 IF-Rockerz
coolkitty_23
coolkitty_23

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
I couldnt agree more with Malti when she told Toasty that her way of choosing happiness for everyone shouldnt be imposed onto everyone. i think for once Malti spoke what was very correct. Yes Toasty is very right to doubt what Prachin is doing and there should be a way she should deal with it, by talking to Tej first. Malti sees it from a completely different perspective, which is hers, which while right isnt right given what Prachin has been upto. When they portray Toasty to be so smart, how can they at the same time show her gullible enough to agree to Prachins story of his friends bhabhi in ICU? And Seriously, enough of her mahan self already! She is startign to behave like she is the owner of the house. Her gyans are beginning to sound hollow and empty given how she is implementing them. I didnt see anything wrong in what Malti suggested for Toasty, I couldnt understand why Toasty got so upset about it? 
 Have you noticed, how Toasty does not shy away from lieing to Dadaji, pitaji or Tej himself? Then how does she question Prachin if he is lieing or not? Yes she is lieing to keep the sanity, but a lie is a lie! When its found out, people will blame her, that she knew and yet she didnt tell them! She loves digging her own graves quite a bit!
~Naina.

p.s I might sound baised agaisnt Toasty, but I am just venting bcoz as much as i like her simple character, i hate her patronizing, imposing attitude of happiness on all, and thus venting!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sh4m_4Ramyasubbu..CrazyInLove..prernacdabsingapurynycsweetie

Naina007 Goldie
Naina007
Naina007

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
I think I'm starting to find Malti a little annoying...Yeah she is older in relation and age but so what? Is there some rule written that older age people are more intelligent and wise than younger? I personally feel wisdom comes from experiences and everybody has different experiences which helps them learn...so if someone younger than you has gone through more than somebody older, there is no shame in trying to learn... or listen...Malti suddenly seems like she cannot tolerate Toasty guiding her. Toasty is just trying to help Malti fit in the family and adjust as soon as possible...and Malti is busy with her ego.

I don't really think Toasty believed Prachin's story that's why she is still worried because although she firmly believes that he hasn't lied to her ever, she questions why she doesn't believe him this time.

I do agree she should at least let Tej know and not hide it from him. I think a husband and wife should share everything...I wish they showed that more instead of the hiding and secrets.

I guess contrary to a lot of people, I like Toasty's mahaan self. It certainly shows how we can become better people and change our thoughts to more positive ones. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ramyasubbuscinerd

akash08 IF-Dazzler
akash08
akash08

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 5:50pm | IP Logged
Despite hating the character of Malti .. I liked what   she said today : that is Toasty sees the world from her angle only. She thinks what is right and correct  to her is universally correct and she will do anything to achieve this incuding lies, tricks, being rude to the best pal (Nikita),hiding stuff from husband and family .. whatever..

I do not call it being Mahan.. I call it the best example of arrogance and high headedness. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sh4m_4

bsingapury IF-Sizzlerz
bsingapury
bsingapury

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 6:20pm | IP Logged
actually i will not say i hate malti because i find her character very near to reality...while toasty's character is too fictional

actually why sometimes malti is feeling upset regarding few things you can only understand when you put your feet in her shoes

like that dinning table scene bhindi aloo wala...that day also though unintentionally family actually hurt malti...she equally helped toasty in cooking but no body even take initiative to acknowledge her efforts, she is trying very hard to adjust in family but she need support from entire family...i know family exctly behaved with toasty ...

but think your parents only praise your sibling while you are also trying hard...and they dont even notice your effort how it feels...

the jealousy very natural emotions...but it should not go the way of negativity like in past happened with malti...i think malti should learn from her past...and this time she should take this emotions in positive way...

because in this drama things happening unintentionally but in real world many times people does this kind of disparaging and belittling behaviour to actually hurt people they dont admire ...to  break your selfestim and make you feel unwanted...

i am here not with toasty or malti both of them are handling situation with wrong hand in case of prachin...their approach is wrong

and whatever malti told to toasty is very correct ...

kananyaRamyasubbu

Naina007 Goldie
Naina007
Naina007

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 6:43pm | IP Logged
I think that's one thing the show is trying to teach us; you cannot change people's attitude and behaviour but you can change yours. For instance Malti feeling jealous and upset. I can totally understand her position and feelings 100% but she mustn't forget that Rome wasn't built in a day. She needs to gain back the trust, respect and love from the family and it's going to take some time for all of that to fully return. It cannot just happen magically overnight. 

Toasty received the same treatment for months, in fact even after months she was will thrown out of the house. However, it doesn't mean that just because Toasty went through it Malti has to also. But this again applies to nature. One's nature and attitude. Toasty could've taken so much in the wrong context and took it all to heart too, but she didn't. It doesn't mean that it didn't hurt her as well, but she is a optimistic person. It's helpful in relationships especially to maintain them and as we can see Toasty maintained her relationships well. 

In the Gita it says karam karo par phal ki chinta mat karo, do your duty/work but don't worry for the reward. I know this is very hard to apply in real life as we're all human and it's very difficult not to have expectations but to be honest, I don't believe Toasty wanted any sort of appreciation or that of the sort, she wanted her family just to be happy, that's why she does the things she does. Malti on the other hand I feel is the kind of person who does have expectations of her being praised and etc. 

So in contrast to Toasty, Malti has a very negative attitude and let's be honest most of the world is like that and there's nothing wrong with it. But when one sees how to take the same things in a positive manner like Toasty does, that's how life can become more beautiful. So sure get upset and be open with your feelings but at the end of the day it truly depends on how you react with those feelings. And don't forget, family is family, yeh sab toh chalta rehta hai! Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

scinerd

akash08 IF-Dazzler
akash08
akash08

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 7:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Naina007

In the Gita it says karam karo par phal ki chinta mat karo, do your duty/work but don't worry for the reward.

for 3 weeks in BR Chopra Mahabharat , they showed the geeta episode (back in 1989-90 days). Forget about others, even my grand mother stopped watching Mahabharat.

Is not it really fictional to expect Mahabhart's funda to be applied in recent days and is not that  is why we are calling Toasty's character  fictional/out of the world?

A serial should not be for preaching us (there r enough tv channels which do this preaching), a serial should be a real life potrait of all real shades like what we see in real life...

why would I get gyan from Toasty Maia when there are channels like astha, books like Gita (as you mentioned) ? If SBS continue to follow this path, they are heading to a path of demise - evident from fall in TRP, people's comments here and the drop in rank in IF. 

Overdose of anything is bad.. they should learn from the experince  of others.There is a serial in Zee which killed people to death with this overdose and ultimately killed itself  (I can not name it as it will be against IF rule that you can not discuss other serial)
Naina007 Goldie
Naina007
Naina007

Posted: 15 September 2011 at 8:02pm | IP Logged
With all due respect to your grandmother, I feel maybe that's the problem today, people stop watching epics. Yes it is fictional to EXPECT but it's not fictional to seeEmbarrassed

You said a serial should not be teaching us. I respect your opinion. I firmly believe we learn from everything. Messages and lessons come in their various forms as blessings, in my opinion, and we can receive them from anywhere. TV may be fiction, but every fiction comes from some idea that originally stemmed from reality, even if it was 1%. Like you said why would you get gyan from Toasty, truth is gyan is gyan and it doesn't change, so if that is true it can be received from anywhere.

I agree overdose of anything is bad, but I don't see any overdose here..

Hope I don't sound like Toasty to you  Tongue

scinerdbsingapury

dips_neels Newbie
dips_neels
dips_neels

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 1:42am | IP Logged
Toasty did share her doubt with Malti. She told her everything about what happened in college and also she shared with Malti about her being concern for and what exactly she is thinking, so she is not working on her own but Malti does not want to believe her and support her so she is has to do something herself as Prachin is on the wrong path.

As she said that Prachin will never lie but somehow she can not believe in his words regarding this which means she does trust him and fearing that her relationship will get worst if she tries and correct Prachin if she leave the matter then it would lead to worst situation so she need to stand and guide Prachin on right path weather he likes it or not. When Prachin will realise that Toasty was right he will go back to her.

I do agree and disagree with Malti. I agree that everyone should get happiness in their own way but if the way is wrong then it is wrong. After Toasty telling her all about Prachin in college bunking classes, borrowing money from other she should have noticed that there is something wrong as he is spending so much money and borrowing from people but she did not think this is problem, I mean anyone will notice that there is a problem and would support Toasty.

This is my own point of views. No one has to agree with me or I am not trying to offend anyone and If I did then I am sorry in advance.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Naina007scinerdbsingapury

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index