Posted: 12 years ago

Rana Daggubati's father tries to stop Mausam's release in the south 
By Subhash K. Jha, September 15, 2011 - 11:04 IST

If reliable reports coming from the South are to be believed, then a very powerful lobby from Hyderabad helmed by producer Suresh Babu who is Rana Daggubati's father, is targeting for ban on Pankaj Kapoor's Mausam in the South.

Says a source, "It's a dispute between one of the Mausam producers Madhu Mantena and Suresh Babu. Sauresh Babu claims Mantena owes him Rs. 3 crores from an earlier deal during the release of Rann that Mantena had produced. Mantena, however, is clear that whatever the financial dispute over Rann, it does not involve Mantena. In retaliation, Suresh Babu has used his huge influence in the South for distributors and exhibitors to boycott Mausam unless the Rs. 3-crore alleged dues are cleared."

Mantena is evasive on the matter. He finally admits, "Yes, there is an issue with Rana's father. We're trying to solve it amicably. But there seems no scope for discussion."

When contacted Rana Daggubati did not deny the dispute between his dad and Mantena.

Says Rana, "I'm a professional actor and not too linked with the production and distribution arm of the company. With regards to this particular matter, I'm not too sure of the details of the deal structure that Madhu had with the company in the past. It wouldn't be right for me to comment on this."

Now this is a whole lot of IDIOTICNESS. If true then Rana''s dad should mind his own business and not act like a loser.

Sigh. Buri nazar lag gaye hai iss film ko. 😒

Sauresh Babu claims Mantena owes him Rs. 3 crores from an earlier deal during the release of Rann that Mantena had produced.

hm, interesting. that's the reason RGV once promised to launch Rana  ðŸ˜‰

Everyone knows this movie will be effin' good or its looks good so it seems like everything and everyone is just trying to tear it down.
-Its not workinggg. Mausam is going to rockkk.
Why is everyone so hell bent upon bringing this film down? It is not as if Shahid and Pankaj Kapur have enemies everywhere?

Looks like somebody's PR. Not sure who. But this is a lot of roadblock for a simple movie.
Buri nazar waley tera mooh kala

horn ok please!
well i dunt think many have seen it yet to actually feel jealous of the quality of the movie...its just a comfortable defense for anything..."being jealous"...

plus, why would suresh babu care about hindi flick like mausam? hes a producer down the south...and he dosent even have any films releasing soon...

Either the team was disorganised to not sort out all the issues prior to announcing the release date, or they are just having bad luck...but i dunt think this can effect the film much...im pretty sure it'll release on the 23rd...suresh babu is not that influential...

^ agreed..
I don't see the agenda Rana's father would have in halting Mausam

sucks for the movie though 
Oh, what even?! Awh...really looking forward to Masuam, hope all these issues get sorted out!
Originally posted by liverach

^ agreed..
I don't see the agenda Rana's father would have in halting Mausam

sucks for the movie though 

yeh its not like he has a film releasing soon which mausam would be "competetion" for...
and its not as if hes a regular producer in bolly to know the buzz behind mausam and feel jealous of its quality...

for all i know, he couldnt care less...hes just a financer who wants his money back...

and anywayz...mausam's target market is not the south...so it wouldnt lose out on much business anyway, even if the ban succeeds.