Aishwarya speaks to a quadriplegic man on KBC - Page 15

Posted: 12 years ago
I've read 18 pages...and I have nothing to say lol😆 AGAIN!!!! But that lecture about Aish being bashed a lot well...everyone does...every single actor/actress does! I even enjoy the fun fans have with Kareena. 😆

http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainmenttags/shahrukh-khan/aishwarya-rai-refuses-work-shahrukh-khan-again

Do you guys remember the interview from February this year where Aishwarya said the following?

Vishal (Bhardwaj) came to me with two scripts. I liked one but he wanted to make the other first, which I wasn't very keen on. That's when I backed out.

Please tell me which actor in their right mind would say no to THE Vishal Bhardwaj? Even his flops are milestones in actors' careers. So I was puzzled with what made her back out from both the films just because she wasn't keen on one film. Then I came to know that the film he was making first was based on a book called Two States written by Chetan Bhagat. The story revolves around how two people, one from Delhi and one from Tamil Nadu, meet and fall in love. Aishwarya could've been the best choice considering she herself is a South Indian and speaks Tamil fluently. It still didn't strike me as to why she would turn down an author-backed role in a Vishal Bhardwaj film.

Then came the announcement that the lead actor of the film would be Shah Rukh Khan. Then it struck me why Ash turned down the film and suddenly it made a lot of sense.

I think the fact that Shahrukh threw her away from Chalte Chalte and four other films without any explanation hurt her a lot. That move of his would have ruined any other actress' career. But Aishwarya survived it and came back strongly. Please watch this excellent short snippet from her interview with Simi Garewal where she speaks about it. And this was before Shahrukh apologized to Aishwarya for what he did that day.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg70DXw5694[/YOUTUBE]

Shahrukh did apologize to her, but the apology came 6-7 years after the damage had been done. What surprises me (not) is that it came within months after Shahrukh had a spat with Salman. (If you remember, Salman caused ruckus on Chalte Chalte's sets, crashed Ash's car and made it impossible for the shoot to take place. That's when SRK took Salman's side and kicked Ash out of the film without any explanation, and Rani ditched Ash's friendship and took up the same project and rubbed salt on Ash's wound). So, since SRK was not on friendly terms with Salman anymore, he switched sides and apologized to Ash.

Today, she is civil with Shahrukh in public events and other parties, but I think that is the dutiful Bachchan Bahu that is playing her part well, not the Ash we know. Abhishek is friends with SRK and I guess she doesn't want to spoil anything between them, hence she doesn't think much about attending his parties. But one thing that is crystal clear is that she is in no mood to act with him ever again.

It is kind of sad because Aishwarya and Shahrukh had amazing chemistry whether as a brother and sister or lovers or an item song couple. Also, a 100% hit history with films like - Devdas, Mohabbatein and Josh. Or even the superhit item song Ishq Kameena.

Edited by chuckblairfan - 12 years ago
Originally posted by chuckblairfan

I think the fact that Shahrukh threw her away from Chalte Chalte and four other films without any explanation hurt her a lot. That move of his would have ruined any other actress' career. But Aishwarya survived it and came back strongly. Please watch this excellent short snippet from her interview with Simi Garewal where she speaks about it. And this was before Shahrukh apologized to Aishwarya for what he did that day.

without any explanation..? the reasons were highlighted all over the media.. and i think SRK is justified in booting her out.. she may not be  directly at fault, however, the very reason tht she allowed Sallu to use/abuse her as a katpulti ruined things for her..
Originally posted by Meena1

like are you checking me out ~ Sunehri.. 🤣

Dex - the arse kissing is a ghastly sight.. yea, avoid if you can.. 😆😆.. i wonder how often they end up like this guy... 😆 hey you can't control tht when its time, its time..

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/jko/lowres/jkon33l.jpg

do i see a warning coming my way.. 😆😆

Meena you and Mogli use the BEST cartoons!!!!😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆 So funny!!!!
This just shw how much negativity is surrounded around ASh & BAchchan PAriwar.

If it were any toehr actor or actress then there would be threads of praises..but as it is Ash it has to be something deep...some deep truth..oh yeah her PR machine. 😆😆

The man asked to talk to ASh and Big B called her. She picked the call and talked to the person...WHAT IS SO BAD IN THAT????

Agar she had not talked tthat man then there would have been threads of how bad & plastic Ash is that seh couldn't talk to the man...

So there is no win - win situation for this family. And that shows how much people get affected but them.

For me I think is is so great that ASh respect her father in law enough to talk to the contestants...

OMFG...PAAA, PAAA, PAAA. Pleasure Paaa...

Uh huhhh Paaa...God bless you Paaa...Paaa...repeat it ten times. Way to be an ideal bahu. I find Aish to be the most hypocritical. 

Bet Abhi doesn't even get called with so much love! 
Also I don't get what the issue is if folks find Aish to be pretentious, other stars are rated and praised on the same wavelength as well. I don't have an issue with the man praising Guzarish and with Aish speaking to him on KBC; I find it strange that Amitabh would go thru the trouble of having Aish talk to him. What perfect timing. She's having a baby (pregnancy has become aathva ajuba in a country with 1 bil population); she was fired from Heroine, and generally ppl just don't care enough for her now. 

I don't buy her diplomatic views and the "idealistic" approach to marriage and what not. I don't find her to do a good job at representing "Indians" (*rolling eyes*), and I find her statements so hypocritical. She was the one who portrayed herself as a battered woman, and then she had an issue with that later on. She has a great upbringing because she doesn't indulge into anything "bad". She loves India so much that she quit Hollywood cuz of it. Gimme a break. The Bachchan parivaar is holy as Gangajal who have no scandals, no skeletons in the closet...Blah, blah. 
Edited by zainab25 - 12 years ago
Let us wait and see...WHich other Indian actress is going to get ANY Offeres from Hollywood and IF they get how many would refuse...😉

"I am not interested in Hollywood movies" - is just an exuse that no one is giving me any movies down there...😆😆😆

Bipasha did one, Malaika did & so did Shabana Azmi...so why shouldn't ASh have done it.

L'oreal came to her...she accepted her. Actresses can't wait for ASh to get off the international beand as international INdian face to fight for the role. I don't want ot name nay here but I do have three names in my mind. I am sooo happy that they got SOnam on board.

In today's wrld it is very hard to believe a family which does not attend parties but visit temples and keep to themselves. Are in the news as they are celebrities and earn money like nay other celebrity.
Originally posted by lovanika

This just shw how much negativity is surrounded around ASh & BAchchan PAriwar.

If it were any toehr actor or actress then there would be threads of praises..but as it is Ash it has to be something deep...some deep truth..oh yeah her PR machine. 😆😆

The man asked to talk to ASh and Big B called her. She picked the call and talked to the person...WHAT IS SO BAD IN THAT????

Agar she had not talked tthat man then there would have been threads of how bad & plastic Ash is that seh couldn't talk to the man...

So there is no win - win situation for this family. And that shows how much people get affected but them.

For me I think is is so great that ASh respect her father in law enough to talk to the contestants...

I think the negativity started in the media around Aishwarya when she dump Salman and lost a lof of movies most of time were with SRK. And she become media favourite person to bash, as Aishwarya never ever react back.  Since then people would write about anything related to Aishwarya be it her accent, her going to hollywood in the negative way. With negativity always come a lot of positivity? Don't think it is a lot of negative surrounded on aish  but maybe only here on IF😆, lol! But that count for all the popular actresses!!  With negative views there is also positive views.

As for the Bachchans. I don't know isn't BIg B and even Jaya really respected. Don't see a lot of people bashing Big B or even Abhi.
Edited by ashna26 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by qwww

People's opinion are colored by their prejudices - this is a fact. If you look for fake you will find fake  and if you look for respectful you will find that.Its all how you view it.
And no one is going to change their opinion on this Heroine issue  - how many times has the same thing been discussed - over and over again its the same thing. Madhur got what he wanted  - he wrote the script for Kareena and he has her now. So I dont see how he is a poor victm here. He and UTV have milked it for all its worth. And its not like they shot for half the film and then had to change the main lead. I am sure a company like UTV had insurance for such things. So I dont think they had to suffer any considerable losses that they couldnt absorb.
I can bet right now that when Heroine is ready for release Aishwarya's name will be dragged all over again for publicity.

I liked what you said about people opinions 😉