Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Yes casting for a show takes into consideration all the factors and thats why even when people who watch a show like this which focus on an actor who is the male with a bigger age gap to be the male protagonist and the female who is younger the first question will be what abt the chemistry  what abt the romantic scenes what abt the passion etc which  youth see in romance , the fact lies in how love can be portayed with  age gap also and with actors who fit in such role for the character.

Monish after a lot of calculative thinking the PH must have chosen and he is apt for the character for the lead and all the above factors for a love beyond  the way it needs to be shown between two indivuduals may have been seen and the sensitivity of the subject and to cast opposite a younger female protagonist
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Muneeba_starHC

bt even then i think if they need to catch the young youth then they need to change the male lead...

If the young youth wants to see a HAWT, sizzling, electrifying, six-pack male lead, then perhaps this story is not meant for them then! 

A movie like Cheeni Kum wouldn't have worked without Amitabh and Tabu. If one didn't like that movie, then it will be tough to like this concept of a mature guy falling for a young girl. Serials like Kasam Se did well ... so, if the treatment is as good as the original, then this serial too would be worth watching. 
Edited by LadyMcbeth - 12 years ago
I  feel its a great jodi from promos
ishakumar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i think that mohnish is the best option for that age group...
fannycool thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Well frankly speaking most of u who r commenting here, mostly comprises of elder n so for u all supporting the male lead is nt to be quentioned upon coz its obvious tht none might understand a youth's viewpoint,coz for u meaning of romance iz totally diff frm wht we 'The youth' thinks should be...well u can be satisfied,convinced with only the eyelocks,or sum sweet convo bt nt us...
kavyasam thumbnail
Originally posted by: Muneeba_starHC

Well frankly speaking most of u who r commenting here, mostly comprises of elder n so for u all supporting the male lead is nt to be quentioned upon coz its obvious tht none might understand a youth's viewpoint,coz for u meaning of romance iz totally diff frm wht we 'The youth' thinks should be...well u can be satisfied,convinced with only the eyelocks,or sum sweet convo bt nt us...

the story needs  a male lead  who  is  older and also looks older than the female lead.   They cannot  bring in a  young  guy  just to make youth drool.  sorry.   that is precisely why they have named the show 'kuch toh log kahenge'
Keva thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I have no doubt Mohnish is the best male lead for this character since the show is adapted from Dhoop Kinarey and I have watched DK and so must say the producers definitely picked the right guy for the male lead. I have actually tried thinking who could be better for the male lead and actually I could not think of any other actor other than Mohnish Behl. I actually was thinking whether Kritika can do justice to the female character. So I am sure Mohnish will be fantastic but this role will definitely prove to be a challenge for Kritika and so yes I am looking forward whether Kritika can do it or not? This is not a regular love story that we see on star one or youth shows and hence no romantic songs sequences or dhupata flying scenes. Thank god somebody finally realized it is time to move forward and actually bring stories that make sense. Kudos to Rajan Shahi for bringing Dhoop Kinarey back and please keep it simple and sweet and remember that is what classic dramas were all about. People still remember Dhoop Kinarey and that should be enough to tell the producers, Sony channel that old is gold and hence do not ruin it at all.

I think they do not need a parallel lead if the story is based on Dhoop Kinarey. That script was very well written and every character in that story was well written and hence all characters have something to do and no plotting against the leads of the show and hence that has got to be the best part.

My expectations are certainly very high for KTLK and hence this is the first drama that I am actually looking forward to. The thought of watching Dhoop Kinarey again is just fabulous and Mohnish Behl as the lead is double fabulous for me. 👏 Looking forward to Kritika's performance as well she has definitely made a good choice by taking this role coz an actor always wants to try different roles and this will prove to be a very different role from her previous shows. So good luck to the entire team.
Edited by Keva - 12 years ago
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Thats why the subject matter is more focus

This is what the producer of teh show has to say

Rajan Shahi, who's directed a serial on the theme in the past, "Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin", and is now producing "KTLK", reasons that while the entertainment industry finds love between couples of disparate ages an exciting theme, television as a medium is better suited to explore the complexities of such love stories. "It is because this subject requires a lot of detailing and needs to be handled with a lot of sensitivity. To build up the interest of the viewers for such a subject in just three hours is not possible. So, while television shows on the theme have surprised viewers, the movies on the subject have shocked them. Most of the films have been quite over the top and bold for viewers," he says.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am at an age where I went through a vibrant youth and producers will see all the genre of viewers when they see such a show, As a viewer I have seen vibrant youth shows, saas bahu shows and mature intense love story shows, So if the youth can lean to see such shows  it will decrease the age gap of thought that love can be simple yet complex depending on how its poryated between two same age group people OR two people of different age group

Go back to olden days where the man would be 10 years older than his wife, the women then would also think I wish my husband was my age or may be a year or two older , yet  they fell in love and  enjoyed a blissful life

These are the areas where the focus  can be well shown when the male lead is older and mature  and the female is younger,

Its also possible if two people are mature who are the same age , but television is about experiment with the focus to how real life dwells into such subjects and bring
Finally its for the audience to gauge the show, the  way the leads are showing their comfort zone and understand what the show has to convey ..

I just wanted to give my POV  may be when the show starts and the characetrs fall into place  you may have another outlook , as to why this male lead  or  that he is older and why not younger to match the female

JinxRicha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
mohnish as the mail lead is perfect..no one could be better for the role...no matter of his age...he looked really veyyy cute in the promo...after the first thought of the age, the age difference never came 2 my mind...i really find the jodi very sweet...
yeah karan kundra n kritika looks the best ...in reel as well as real life...bt here i really feel both krtika n mohnish would do justice to the show...
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
I only came here b/c I saw the promo and it looks good! But Mohnish is a really good actor and the whole WAY older man and younger gal and a realistic, modern day love story seems interesting. And I loved Kritika as Prateeksha in PKB...hopefully this show will be MAGIC!!!