pm me whenever u update
maansee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

i would like to go with your story line ... add me too your pm list... thanks

kumari3 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
@ lil.mizz.smexii - You are too sweet, thank you.

@ 7994 - Will do, thanks for your interest.

@ MSgayatri - Thank you for your nice comment.

@ abinash079 - Of course, thanks.

@ maansee - Thanks for commenting!

@ krati5 - Guess. :) Thanks for your interest.

Big thanks to ammyicycool,  rsingh0103,  7994,  gagsy,  padamjot,  lathaau,  asmani,  Paingel,  sakadafi,  MSgayatri,  maansee,  krati5,  lil.mizz.smexii,  abinash079,  and *Dakoo_Minzy* for their "likes."
Edited by kumari3 - 12 years ago
kumari3 thumbnail
Hi guys! Thank you all SOOO much for your feedback, I want to hug every one of you who left a comment and/or pressed "like." <333  Chapters two and three are below:

Previous Chapters: prologue + ch1

Chapter Two (this chapter is PG-13)

Past

The couple gazed at each other, reveling in post-coital bliss. She rarely looked as beautiful as she did than in the dewy moments following their lovemaking sessions.  A thin layer of sweat coated her body, and she appeared to glow. Her lips, full and red, reminded Maan of the ribbon of rubies he had given her earlier that evening.

"Maan," she whispered, drowsy and sated.

"Hmm?"  Maan pulled a white sheet over her, then pushed a few damp locks of hair away from her face.  Was she now going to tell him that she was pregnant?

"I love you. You are . . . amazing . . . ." she trailed off, yawning.

Maan grinned.  Praise for the skills that he displayed during intimacy never got old.  "*We* are amazing," he said, tenderness lining his voice.  He pressed his lips to her bare shoulder.

But by then, she was asleep.  Maan shook his head and smiled.  He splayed a possessive hand over her abdomen, and drifted into dreams.

Chapter Three

Present

In the university library where she had worked for years, Geet blew a stray strand of hair off her forehead as she re-shelved discarded books in the East Asian Studies section. She glanced at the overhead clock.  Just an hour to go before she could head out.

Usually, Geet enjoyed her job as a clerical library assistant and managed easily.  Her tasks normally included restacking books, sorting mail, and so on. Sometimes, however, she was assigned additional duties that actual librarians typically handled.  Today, for example, she had been forced to skip lunch to help a rather rude student with an interlibrary loan. She looked forward to dinner.

"Geet!"  

Turning toward the direction of the call of her name, Geet's gaze settled on Pinky, a librarian and friend.  Pinky, who was munching on a chocolate bar, stood at the end of the aisle and waved.  On her first day of work years ago, Geet had literally bumped into Pinky in the Philosophy section.  Pinky had simply laughed it off and invited Geet to lunch. From then on, the two socialized during and occasionally outside of work. Geet was grateful for Pinky's friendship, especially because Pinky did not press her to reveal much.  Pinky seemed to understand that Geet preferred keeping her past tucked close.

Geet let out a tired laugh.  "Hi, sorry, I was lost in my own world."

Pinky smiled.  "Not a problem.  My shift at the circulation desk starts soon, do you mind covering for me for a little bit? You're practically a librarian yourself, so I'm sure you can handle it. Sorry to bother you. I have to call Adi and I'm not sure how long he'll want me on the phone."

Geet nodded, worry etching itself across her features. "Of course.  Is everything all right?" Adi, the newly-appointed dean of student affairs, was Pinky's husband.  They had a two-year-old daughter, Anjana -- Anju for short.  

Pinky dismissed Geet's concern with a wave of her hand and bit off another chunk of chocolate.  "Adi stayed home with Anju today.  She still has that cold.  He just left me a frantic voicemail asking whether she is allergic to bananas."

Geet tilted her head to the side. "Oh. Is she?"

Rolling her eyes, Pinky tossed the empty candy wrapper into a nearby trash can. "No, and Adi himself made us banana pudding two weeks ago that Anju ate without incident."

Laughing, Geet shook her head.  She joined Pinky at the end of the aisle and they proceeded to walk downstairs to the first floor.  "Maybe he forgot?"

"Maybe.  His new appointment has him a little frazzled.  Plus, he's always extra careful with our daughter."  Pinky squeezed Geet's shoulder.  "Thanks again.  I'll try to make it quick."

Geet nodded and swallowed the lump that had formed in her throat.  Even though much time had passed, she wondered if she would ever be able to hear the word "daughter" without wanting to collapse into tears.

---

Thanks for reading!
Edited by kumari3 - 12 years ago
hopehot thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
loved it ... but where's ch 3??
kumari3 thumbnail
^ Thanks so much! Sorry if it's not clear, but what I posted includes "Chapter Two (Past)" and "Chapter Three (Present)."
TeamMcSwarek thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
i wonder what happened between Maaneet
i'm gonna hope it was just a misunderstanding and that they will reunite!
i really liked both the chapters
cont soon
thanks for the pm
sorry my comments will be late due to school!
hopehot thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: kumari3

^ Thanks so much! Sorry if it's not clear, but what I posted includes "Chapter Two (Past)" and "Chapter Three (Present)."

oops😳 
sorry !
loved it AWESOME! ...so ..geet is alive ! 😲