Diya Aur Baati Hum

Wake up INDIA - Page 3

Angelbud thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: sama0023

Lets see what is in store of DABH. I am not very positive yet like you. Not yet convienced .. In todays episode , she also can die in story line. Not really sure which way the drama will go..She is very vulnerable about her son. But she loves her son a lot. Today she tried to rectify her faults. let see. She can turn into a nice MIL.
But we were discussing an general issue of our society and the Sus/bahu stories and  interaction.

Many thanks dear for the appreciation. Currently I am doing lots of studies on women in this subcontinent. Because I am trying to find, what is that taking me away from my own country. I am repelling from my own culture, because I am affraid to loose my beautiful life by a pathetic society, if these dramas are true in a sense. I am not a married person but worried to marry any Indian. ๐Ÿ˜ฒThis is very personal issue, but still this issue make me think deeper into the society. I am studying every women around me and I can guaranty you, these women arround me , all are effected by those dramas. In our generation I can't see a single MIL like the one as Suraj's mother and a good son like Suraj.  30/40 years before it was happening in villeges. But may be Suraj's mother can turn out as a nice MIL later on๐Ÿ˜ŠLets hope for the best.๐Ÿ˜Š

But yes you are completely right, there are some pathetic MIL in uneducated class . I wander how these stories get good TRP. I can guess now a days people are not liking Pathetic MIL so, TRP is falling for Dor. In reality where MIL is a bad person, DIL is also not an angel.

Now a days bahus are very confident and even MILs are more vulnerable in their old age. So stories need to be realistic for this wonderful relation. Sus/bahu is a beautiful relation. In few dramas they are  showing angel MIL but they are not giving much importance to their own daughter.
As TV is showing MIL are horrible , some bahus in real life taking advantage of it, by giving their sus guilty for small things. Trust me , in old age an women is in real danger unless she does not have a powerfull daugter.

Of course these stories have effect on our society. I am a very strong professional women.The mothers who are even educated but seating in house as house wife, definitely they are badly effected by those drama. My urge is , please show very realistic situation , so people can learn some tips and tricks how to make their life better by being within reality. Bahues are not angels and Sas are not angel or chudel. Both are normal human being. Any body can do some fault and they are from normal world. So they should react on unfair things in normal way..Few bahues are very idiot, for example Goppi, is not from real world. And her MIL Kokila, does not care about her own daugther Kinjal, as much she does for Goppi. I am giving this example because it is a very high TRP rated drama..

If society does not change , the dramas should change towards the betterment with new positive concept of living with all complexity .This is how we are as modern Indian women. Why this is not portrayed in drama serial? They need an eye openner. If one show come out with a new concept, every Sus bahu drama will be shaked in their foundation. That is what we needed.๐Ÿ˜Šjust now

Really interesting posts! Its fantastic to see such depth of feeling and relevant issues being talked about!  Just to say I know its not relevant to this particular forum but MayKee Se Bendi door has totally come in line with what you are saying! The husband Bhasker now supports his wife the MIL is changing, the family values are amazing! I know its not about DABH but its nice to know their are some shows that so support good values!  But great posts! xx๐Ÿ˜Šxx

Edited by Angelbud - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iqbalslover thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: tanthya

Sama ,

U r always welcome to state ur opinion's freely ...

Hmm..Let me put it this way... Suraj's mother is a lady who is dependent on her Son to run the household and  it is an undisputed fact that  Finace keeps the wheels rolling ..besides this  Suraj's mom loves control ... and she is in fear of losing both if her son were to fall in love, surrender himself completely to his wife the way he has hitherto done with his mother  and she is getting insecure too thinking that her days of lording it is over... so her bid to test his loyalties and his depth of affection ..

In the initial period the emphsis will be on highlighting the evil, bad, negative and in the redemption part goodness will take over ...

Have to disagree with u though, have seen ppl worse than Suraj's mother n SIL in my life...and m still seeing such ppl ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š .. It is in the perception,, To Suraj , she is his mother , the caregiver who nurtured him, took care of him..The bond is also of blood  ..plus she has kept the fold together and she is not dominating over the ousiders, she is ruling over her own family, a family who have grown up under her thumb ...it will take an outsider to challenge her... and Meenakshi does undermine  her Sasumma but she is quite crafty whereas Sandhya will challenge her openly  ..

Agreed with the last part !!

sathya i have seen so many MIl they are just like soroaajs mom and even worse
what they are showing in serials isnt imginary but the reality of our soceity.
i am happy they do show such characters so new generaton can learn where our soceity is going wrong.
She made so much drama for that locket but i have seen much worse. the hubbys are not allowed to give their wifey any money, the DILs have to do all the work and the saas and nannds do nothing. THAT IS REAL NA. it STILL happens in our soceity.
i hate it soo much and i DO wish not to marry any desi boy๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Taha0023 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: steffroc

i am happy they do show such characters so new generaton can learn where our soceity is going wrong.
She made so much drama for that locket but i have seen much worse. the hubbys are not allowed to give their wifey any money, the DILs have to do all the work and the saas and nannds do nothing. THAT IS REAL NA. it STILL happens in our soceity.

Oh!! Dear..So you think this does happened in our society..Issi baath ki mujjhe daar thi. I was mainly confused.๐Ÿ˜• At front of my eyes there is no MIL like that. I know few stories from 30/40 years beofore. But I can see in dramas in every family have some very complecated problems about family politics. So I was worried. Seriously yaar, I am thinking to marry someone who's family is very independent from each other and better to be some one from west๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญoption nehi hai na yaar๐Ÿ˜ณ keyaa karu? Still we are quite conservative to marry from other country. We should start marrying from west.
Edited by sama0023 - 12 years ago
iqbalslover thumbnail

Oh!! Dear..So you think this does happened in our society..Issi baath ki mujjhe daar thi. I was mainly confused.๐Ÿ˜• At front of my eyes there is no MIL like that. I know few stories from 30/40 years beofore. But I can see in dramas in every family have some very complecated problems about family politics. So I was worried. Seriously yaar, I am thinking to marry someone who's family is very independent from each other and better to be some one from west๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญoption nehi hai na yaar๐Ÿ˜ณ keyaa karu? Still we are quite conservative to marry from other country. We should start marrying from west.
[/QUOTE]
just last year i went to holidays and i realized the people havent moved on
they are just like we see in Soaps and i can tell they are even worse,
the MILs always want to control their son
doesnt matter if they are educated or not. in the serial they are atleast shwoing the MIL is uneducated.
i will suggest to marry soemone from west. its also ok if the person is brought up in west also if he is desi. they are not the best but a little better than real desi boys๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰
haan i know well i am not conservative i would love to marry someone out of my countryT it might not happen, my parents wont like it ) ๐Ÿ˜† and my kids will not  marry any desi guy for sure ๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by steffroc - 12 years ago
Gman thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Everyone is entitled to their opinion so I putting mine here not offending anyone. 

The plot of Sas Bahu fight is very old as history yet TV Channels repeat this plot as often as they can like old wine in new bottle for TRP. We accepts this brain wash so easily and unconsciously, that is probably that sama was trying to convey.

There are much bigger topic that TV channel can cover. For eg. dowry demand by the groom family, single mothers/ parents, life of widow, son getting better education than daughter, orphan/disabled child, girl getting married at young age, historical hero/ heroine bringing social awareness. 

If we want to kill the time, then these sas bahu serials are excellent. 

Edited by Gman - 12 years ago
Taha0023 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: steffroc

just last year i went to holidays and i realized the people havent moved on
they are just like we see in Soaps and i can tell they are even worse,
the MILs always want to control their son
doesnt matter if they are educated or not. in the serial they are atleast shwoing the MIL is uneducated.
i will suggest to marry soemone from west. its also ok if the person is brought up in west also if he is desi. they are not the best but a little better than real desi boys๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰
haan i know well i am not conservative i would love to marry someone out of my countryT it might not happen, my parents wont like it ) ๐Ÿ˜† and my kids will not  marry any desi guy for sure ๐Ÿ˜†
Oh! Dear, so you and I on the same track. My parents gave me freedom recently to marry from any country after lots of debate. I will just marry a person of same religion, does not matter his nation, color anything but only good educated culture(very important), good human being .
you are soo right. Indian man who are brought up in west and live independently , is better than desi khit pit the once are potrayed in dramas, if this is truly highly practiced in India , as you said. But we should not  fall for any desi guy who live in west with his joint family. haam mar jayegaa yaar.
I did not saw any pathetic MIL in my Family or even in other families arround me, it is very true so I was strongly opposing those dramas, but during last generation(my mom's era) there were few MIL like the one in TV dramas. My grand maa was really nice person and was a very constructive character.So I can't relate those dramas in my life.

But I have heard NRI joint family in west who are 100 years back ward and fighting kitchen politics. Again those NRI are lower class one. Of course not our standerd and we do not need to think about them. Usually homeless people who eats poor fund, has this type of mentality ... Kaam wali baai nehi hoti hai na , ghaar mai, issi lie bahu koo baai samajhti hai kuch poor uneducated NRI family. I completly agree , I have heard NRI joint family where MIL expact the DIl will do lots of household work everyday for everybody.

It is better to marry a man who stay single, away from family with his business or job in west๐Ÿ˜Š. You are correct๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ And western country is a big support as itself for the women. Many things we can do there without social pressure.  It is good to take care of  MIL,SIL, BIL but it should be vise versa. but if it is too critial and give us some sin in our beautiful life and make our life hell then it is better to marry some one who stay away from all those crimes. Western men are the best, specially those who marry once in a life time. There are nice man in west.  But some of them just play with women.Character dhilaa western man are very bad and ratio of character dhilaais higher in west than India. So there is a problem with west, we have to be very careful when we choose.๐Ÿ˜‰
Indian women are in serious trouble yaar Hum loog kare to keyaa kare? There should be just one drama which will deal with this situation in innovative way and show some solution and that is it. All other drama which are showing conventional khit pitt should stop kiu ki we have seen them a lot. Abh solution chaa hi ee
Taha0023 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Gman

Everyone is entitled to their opinion so I putting mine here not offending anyone. 

The plot of Sas Bahu fight is very old as history yet TV Channels repeat this plot as often as they can like old wine in new bottle for TRP. We accepts this brain wash so easily and unconsciously, that is probably that sama was trying to convey.

There are much bigger topic that TV channel can cover. For eg. dowry demand by the groom family, single mothers/ parents, life of widow, son getting better education than daughter, orphan/disabled child, girl getting married at young age, historical hero/ heroine bringing social awareness. 

If we want to kill the time, then these sas bahu serials are excellent. 

You are soo right...There are extreme  national problems in India those should come to the light. Sus bahu problem is a selfcreated problem and TV channels are not even showing any innovative way to overcome those silly situation, so why they are practicing this kitchen politics for yaar after yaar.
 TV channel should creat just one drama where they show some solution to this closeloop by showing smarter SAS and smarter bahu and  the way confident Indian women deal with those situation. Kissa khataam. Us ke baad they should concentrate on bigger issues, like the once you mentioned.
We have national level problems those should come to the light. One of the member in other forum was discussing and allaborately describing all those national problem nicely. Trust me yaar, I became emotional and got head ache. I stopped her/him, because I was really feeling bad about India. I was not able to concentrate what I want to say. I was bit out of temper.  But I requested that member to write a new thread on that issue. But we can't escape from reality by sus bahu. We have to concentrate on real problems, with sadness and happyness. Only then Indian drama will get a better dimension.๐Ÿ˜Šand will get a class
Angelbud thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This is such a relevant topic! Its so encouraging that everyone likes it! 
iqbalslover thumbnail

Oh! Dear, so you and I on the same track. My parents gave me freedom recently to marry from any country after lots of debate. I will just marry a person of same religion, does not matter his nation, color anything but only good educated culture(very important), good human being .

you are soo right. Indian man who are brought up in west and live independently , is better than desi khit pit the once are potrayed in dramas, if this is truly highly practiced in India , as you said. But we should not  fall for any desi guy who live in west with his joint family. haam mar jayegaa yaar.
I did not saw any pathetic MIL in my Family or even in other families arround me, it is very true so I was strongly opposing those dramas, but during last generation(my mom's era) there were few MIL like the one in TV dramas. My grand maa was really nice person and was a very constructive character.So I can't relate those dramas in my life.

But I have heard NRI joint family in west who are 100 years back ward and fighting kitchen politics. Again those NRI are lower class one. Of course not our standerd and we do not need to think about them. Usually homeless people who eats poor fund, has this type of mentality ... Kaam wali baai nehi hoti hai na , ghaar mai, issi lie bahu koo baai samajhti hai kuch poor uneducated NRI family. I completly agree , I have heard NRI joint family where MIL expact the DIl will do lots of household work everyday for everybody.

It is better to marry a man who stay single, away from family with his business or job in west๐Ÿ˜Š. You are correct๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ And western country is a big support as itself for the women. Many things we can do there without social pressure.  It is good to take care of  MIL,SIL, BIL but it should be vise versa. but if it is too critial and give us some sin in our beautiful life and make our life hell then it is better to marry some one who stay away from all those crimes. Western men are the best, specially those who marry once in a life time. There are nice man in west.  But some of them just play with women.Character dhilaa western man are very bad and ratio of character dhilaais higher in west than India. So there is a problem with west, we have to be very careful when we choose.๐Ÿ˜‰
Indian women are in serious trouble yaar Hum loog kare to keyaa kare? There should be just one drama which will deal with this situation in innovative way and show some solution and that is it. All other drama which are showing conventional khit pitt should stop kiu ki we have seen them a lot. Abh solution chaa hi ee

yes choose any guy u like and most importantly who can become son for ur parents too, who can respect you and your family. i hae a friend and she had a  desi boy, brought up here, as her BF but as u said he was just like u described. He is educated but his family doesnt seem to be one. my friend left him for the better๐Ÿ˜ณ. u know u have been lucky not to ome across such MILs but i did. last year i went there and i was like oh god where am i stucked
everyone is bitchign each other๐Ÿคฃ
u know desi boys in west have dhilaa character too not just western boys๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
yes we have to be careful and dont rush things๐Ÿ˜ณ. i wish u a good luck with ur future hubby
i think the solution is education but just not education the people need much more. they need to learn to have their mind of own. mostly everyone has same opinion there. they DONT think, they just follow the old generation, maybe not in their style but thinking is same๐Ÿ˜•
PS: if they show such serials who will watch there is no audience for such shows