Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

"I am proud to be a villager"- Anas Rashid

"I am proud to be a villager"- Anas Rashid

Anas Rashid continues his good boy image with Star PlusDiya Aur Baati Hum and shares the experience so far...

Anas Rashid who made his debut with Balaji's KahiinToh Hoga and who has made a mark as a good boy is back on small screen. After essaying lead characters in Colors' Aise Karo Na Vida and Star PlusPrithviraj Chauhan, the actor is back in action in a lead role again as Suraj in Star Plus' upcoming show Diya Aur Baati Hum.

On the outset of the show's launch, Anas shares some views on his come back to India-forums' fans and he shares about his experiences doing the show. 

Hailing from a small town, Anas will now play a small town boy Suraj in the Star Plus show.

What took you so long to come back on small screen and what was so special about the show for you to take it?
Actually I have not waited for a few months but I have waited for almost six years to come up with this kind of a show. I waited not only for a show but also for a channel and a slot and such kind of a role for so long. Because, getting a 9 Pm slot on Star Plus is not an easy job. And most importantly I have not worked for this slot since I have started my work on TV. I have worked for weekend slot, afternoon slot and also late night slot; but this slot has come to me with Diya Aur Baati Hum. So finally after six years, my wait has been over and my dream has finally come true. Talking about the show, this show will mark a trend I guess wherein every husband will help his wife to gain her aspirations and help her in every walk of life without the fear of being termed Joru Ka Gulam.

Tell us something about your character Suraj in Diya Aur Baati Hum?    
My character is very supportive and is entirely different from what my audience have seen me doing previously. Talking about Suraj, he is very positive and has a good approach towards life. Suraj is an illiterate who runs a sweet shop and gets married to the girl Sandhya, who is exactly opposite to Suraj. He is a very co-operative husband and helps his wife at every point of life. He treats his wife like his child and stands by her all the time. Suraj has various shades in him that will be revealed once the show starts. Suraj is the guy who every mother, every wife would like to be with.

You are coming back after Aise Karo Na Vidaa, what difference will your audience get to see in your character?
Firstly, the audience will get to see a difference in status; in Aise Karo… I was a prince whereas Suraj here is a shopkeeper. Secondly, education wise Suraj is an illiterate. There was no dream to be fulfilled in Aise Karo Na…whereas Suraj is filled with dreams and ambitions.

How far is Anas enjoying the character?
I am similar to Suraj. Even I am from a very conservative small family. Since my childhood, I have been working and supporting my family and friends and  so it's great to be yourself and to work in the same conditions where you are comfortable.

What are the weakness and strengths you have been going through during your journey?
I would say in this span of three years I have been getting roles immediately one after the other. So in the time I get in between, I used to develop my character which I am going to essay in the next project. Therefore I consider that as my strength. But though I work a lot to project myself in the character I am never satisfied with my work which I think is my weak point.

As the show has a Marvari backdrop, was there any homework done for this role?
To be very honest nothing has been done from my side to suit the dialect of this show as in real life I am a villager and I come from a very small town. So the things which were necessary for this role were already in me as even today my roots are very much into my village. And I am proud to be a villager so I didn't find any difficulty to essay such kind of a role. I just had to practice the dialogues and deliver them.

Diya Aur Baati Hum will be coming in competition with KBC, so how far you are ready to compete with Amitabh Bachchan?
Well, KBC was never our competition and we can't come in competition with Big B. Audience who wants to see him are free to watch him and the audience which we would grab will be ours. 

How well is your rapport with your co actors?
It has been great till now and hope it goes well in future as we are just at the start. It will take more time to make a great bonding. But so far we are a great team together. It's my second home. I treat them like my family and also I too get treated like a family member, so it's great.

What made you to take up acting line and not anything else?
Since childhood I have been very ambitious, but I had never thought that I would come to this industry as an actor. I like the way this industry works and grows. I love the creativity of this industry and the way the industry has shaped up in a short period of time is remarkable. 

Is there any dream role you want to essay?
Yes, I want to be in Don 3 (laughs).

Were any reality shows offered to you?
Frankly speaking, I have not been offered any reality shows and I am not interested to take up any.

What are your expectations from this show?
This show is definitely going to reach the number one position among the channels. I am hoping, expecting, praying and crossing my fingers that our show reaches the best position.

What would you like to say to your India-Forums' fan?
Ohh.. I love India-forums and India-forums' fans. Their messages, prayers and wishes are close to me. I have a special bonding with India-forums. Don't know why but my fingers auto,automatically types India-Forums to get logged in. May be my fans and their love drive me to them. So my fans will see a new Anas back with Diya Aur Baati Hum. Do watch me.

Reporter and author: Tejashree Bhopatkar 

Diya Baati gets its actual title!

Saturday, July 30, 2011 | 4:20:35 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    69 Comments
Diya Baati gets its actual title!

Star PlusGulaal to make way for Diya Aur Baati Hum from 15th of August...

Sumit and Shashi Mittal's new show on Star Plus is gearing up for its launch and the latest we hear is that the title that has been circulating in the media has till now been incomplete. The actual title of the show is Diya Aur Baati Hum. 

Tellybuzz had already mentioned that Diya Aur Baati Hum will be replacing Sphere Origin'sGulaal and accordingly a source tells, " Diya Aur Baati Hum has been slotted to go on air from 15th of August at 9:00 PM wherein Gulaal is presently on air."

"The promo shoot will take place on 3rd of August, "signs off source.

We contacted Producer Summit Mittal and he said, "I don't want to comment on anything as of now, and audience will get to know about the show as soon as it hits the channel."

Diya Aur Baati Hum indeed seems to be a promising show coming for Star Plus...

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar

Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Aryan Sharma to play Chotu in Diya Aur Baati Hum

I don't feel financially secure : Anas Rashid

Edited by BhartiKhushi909 - 12 years ago
Amor. thumbnail

Gautam Gulati in Star Plus' Diya Baati

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 | 4:25:45 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    46 Comments
Gautam Gulati in Star Plus' Diya Baati

Gautam Gulati will play Anas Rashid's brother in Star Plus' upcoming show...

Though Gautam Gulati had an unexpected turning point with his track in Star One's Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani, he is today lucky to get another important role in Star Plus' upcoming show Diya Baati produced by Shashi and Sumeet Mittal.

A source says, "Gautam Gulati has been roped in to play Anas Rashid's brother in Diya Baati and the role is really significant."

All our efforts to reach Gautam Gulati were in vain.

Tellybuzz had earlier reported about the finalized cast of the show wherein Anas Rashid will play the male lead. Apart from these cast; Ashok LokhandeKanika MaheshwariAnita Kulkarni will be seen in the list of cast. A Delhi based Deepika will play the female lead in the show...

The shoot for the show has already commenced and we also hear that the show is expected to launch by the end of July.

Reporter and Author: Ranjini Nair
Amor. thumbnail

Rajasthani actress Neelu to feature in Diya Baati!

Saturday, July 02, 2011 | 4:36:29 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    50 Comments
Rajasthani actress Neelu to feature in Diya Baati!

Rajasthan fame Neelu to join the cast of Star Plus' Diya Baati...

Telly buzz was the first to report about the makers of Raja Ki Ayegi Baraat, Shashi and Sumeet Mittal, coming up with another show onStar Plus which is tentatively titled Diya Baati.

We have also reported about the finalized cast wherein Anas Rashid will play the male lead of the show and Ashok Lokhande, Kanika MaheshwariAnita Kulkarni will also be part of it.

The latest we hear is that Neelu, the renowned Rajasthani actress, will also be a part of the show. The entire cast of Diya Baati is shooting in Bikaner.

A source informs, "As Neelu is very much famous in Rajasthan, public used to gather to see her while shooting. She will be essaying a pivotal role where she will be playing Bhabhoe (Kanika Maheshwari's mother in law) in the show."

We tried hard to get in touch with Neelu but all our efforts were in vain.

Therefore we contacted Producer Sumit Mittal and he confirmed the buzz of Neelu being a part of the show.

Diya Baati has been slotted to go on air by the end of July…

Sumeet Mittal's Star Plus show gets its title..

Saturday, December 18, 2010 | 5:28:14 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    36 Comments
Sumeet Mittal's Star Plus show gets its title..

Sumeet Mittal's upcoming show on Star Plus has got its title in Diya Batti..

TellyBuzz was the first to report about Star Plus and the makers of Sajan Ghar Jaana Hai, Shashi and Sumeet Mittal joining hands yet again for a new show.

The latest we hear is that the promos for the show has been shot and the hsow has bagged its title in Diya Baati. The shoot for the show will most probably start from early next year.

Telly Buzz also reported about the cast of the show;Anas Rashid plays the male lead and Hina a new face is the female lead.

The major cast also includes Kanika Maheshwari,Ashok Lokhande and Anita Kulkarni who will be seen in pivotal roles.

We contacted Kanika Maheshwari who says, "Right now I am enjoying my holidays as before getting into daily soaps I want to relax, as we will start our proper shooting from January."

We tried contacting Producer Sumeet Mittal but he remained unavailable for comments.

Let's see what Diya Batti can offer to the audience in the New Year..

Diya Baati slotted at Prime time; Gulaal to be axed!

Thursday, May 12, 2011 | 2:11:06 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    262 Comments
Diya Baati slotted at Prime time; Gulaal to be axed!

Star PlusGulaal to make way for Sumit Mittal's Diya Baati...

Star Plus' upcoming show Diya Baati produced by Sumit Mittal and Shashi Mittal had got delayed because of certain issues between the channel and production house. But now everything seems to be sorted as the show is ready to go on floor.

A little birdie chirps, "Diya Baati was almost ready to go on floor long back, but some or the other issues came up as a hurdle. The cast was also finalized for the show. But it seems the channel was not happy with Hina Khan (a fresh face) who was finalized to essay the female lead in the show. Therefore sticking to the channel's demand, the female lead got changed. And this was the major reason why Diya Baati took long time to come up."

If sources are to be believed, Diya Baati will replace Sphere Origin's Gulaal which is running at the slot of 9. And Gulaal, we hear, will be axed when Diya Batti is ready for launch.

Tellybuzz earlier reported about the finalized cast of the show wherein Anas Rashid will play the male lead and we hear that a new face has replaced Hina Khan as the main lead. Apart from these cast; Ashok Lokhande, Kanika MaheshwariAnita Kulkarni will be seen in the list of cast.

We contacted Manasi Parekh (Gulaal) to know about Gulaal's future and she said, "I haven't heard anything about Gulaal going off air and I am hearing it from you."

When contacted Sumit Mittal- Producer of Diya Baati, he cleared, "I don't want to talk about this issue until and unless the channel does not give a confirmation."

Producer of Gulaal, Sanjoy Wadhawa said,"When I hear about Gulaal going off air, I will definitely let you know."

Diya Baati's shooting will probably start by next month…

Reporter: Tejashree Bhopatkar, Srividya Rajesh
Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar

b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Now, the spotlight's on the women

A new show by Star Plus, " Diya Aur Baati Hum" turns the spotlight on the supportive Indian husband who helps his wife realize her potential!

It's a refreshing story about a man of modest education helping his far well-qualified wife achieve her career goals, braving ridicule from the society. The show promises to make viewers sit up and take note that it's about time men support their wives in pursuing a career and realizing their potential without they being labeled a 'Joru ka Gulam'.

"It's undeniable that in India, traditionally the women's role is seen as bride, wife or mother, within the geographical parametres of her home. This show aims at breaking that mould and raising public acceptance to women stepping out of their homes towards self fulfilment. Diya aur Bati Hum is another testimony of Star Plus' programming ethos - 'Rishta Wohi, Soch Nayi'." said Nitin Vaidya, Business Head, Hindi Channels, Star Plus.

The story revolves around Sandhya, a girl who grew up dreaming of becoming a civil servant when she grows up. So, does she have to give up that dream because she's married? Is it okay for her husband to suppress her talent and the will to achieve? Is society right in labeling a man who's supportive of his wife as a 'Joru Ka Gulam'? Will Sandhya's husband Sooraj dare to be different and not be afraid how the society will judge him? These are questions that the new show will seek to address.

"Diya Aur Bati Hum" is produced by Shashi-Sumeet productions and has a great ensemble cast. Anas Rashid & Deepika Singh will essay the role of Sandhya & Sooraj respectively.

ramathi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Star Plus' new venture Diya Aur Baati Hum!

Star Plus has been entertaining its viewers from past many years; it's one of the channels on Indian television where we get to see nice family dramas neatly woven between family values, love and emotions.

Following its trend of catering heart touching family shows, it has now come with Diya Aur Baati Hum. Based on the backdrop of village life, the show is about two totally opposite people Suraj (Anas Rashid) and Sandhya(Hina Khan). Where Suraj's life revolves around his family, which is quite conservative, Sandhya has her own share of dreams and aspirations. 

She wants to be an IPS officer and luckily all her family seems to be helping her in fulfilling this dream. Though Suraj is engaged to Kavita but eventually its Sandhya who will become his wife and as of now this stands as the major mystery as to how these two opposite poles will meet each other.

The character played by Anas is quite realistic, he has been shown as a calm and sensible boy who knows the art of tackling all problems by staying composed. Sandhya is seen as the girl of present age who believes in following her dreams and wants to attain success in life on her own.

The show has a unique concept attached to it where we will see a husband standing as the support to his wife. Let's see if Sandhya and Suraj bag the love from audience!
monika_2691 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/
entertainment/tv/Deepika-Singh-faints/
articleshow/9897882.cmsEdited by monika_2691 - 12 years ago
.x. Simran .x. thumbnail
All Articles Are From The Times Of India Website http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/Diya-Aur-Baati-Hum

Deepika Singh faints!

TNN | Sep 8, 2011, 12.00AM IST
Deepika Singh
It's quite a common sight to have actresses fainting on the sets. This time around, it was Deepika Singhfrom Diya Aur Baati Hum who collapsed on the sets after a long day. 

It was exhaustion and dehydration that made her weak, but in no time the girl was back on her feet shooting. Naturally, in a daily soap there's little anybody can do!

New show: Diya Aur Baati Hum

TNN | Aug 28, 2011, 12.00AM IST
Sooraj and Sandhya
Diya Aur Baati Hum - a refreshing story about a man of modest education helping his well-qualified wife achieve her career goals and braving ridicule from the society - is set to start on TV, beginning August 29. 

The show promises to make viewers sit up and take note that it's about time men support their wives in pursuing a career and realising their potential without they being labelled a 'joru ka gulam'. 

Says Nitin Vaidya, Business Head, Hindi Channels, Star Plus, "It's undeniable that in India, traditionally the women's role is seen as bride, wife or mother, within the geographical parameters of her home. This show aims at breaking that mould and raising public acceptance to women stepping out of their homes towards self fulfilment. It is another testimony of our channel's programming ethos 'Rishta Wohi, Soch Nayi'." 

The show's story is about Sandhya, a girl who grew up dreaming of becoming a civil servant. So, does she have to give up that dream because she's married? Is it okay for her husband to suppress her talent and her will to achieve? Is society right in labelling a man who's supportive of his wife as a 'joru ka gulam'? Will Sandhya's husband not be afraid how the society will judge him? All this and more will unravel on the new show, produced by Shashi-Sumeet productions and which has Anas Rashid and Deepika Singh essaying the role of Sandhya and Sooraj. Diya Aur Baati Hum will replace Gulaal.

Now, the spotlight's on the women

Anjali Chandra, TNN | Aug 26, 2011, 12.51PM IST
A new show by Star Plus, " Diya Aur Baati Hum" turns the spotlight on the supportive Indian husband who helps his wife realize her potential!

It's a refreshing story about a man of modest education helping his far well-qualified wife achieve her career goals, braving ridicule from the society. The show promises to make viewers sit up and take note that it's about time men support their wives in pursuing a career and realizing their potential without they being labeled a 'Joru ka Gulam'.

"It's undeniable that in India, traditionally the women's role is seen as bride, wife or mother, within the geographical parametres of her home. This show aims at breaking that mould and raising public acceptance to women stepping out of their homes towards self fulfilment. Diya aur Bati Hum is another testimony of Star Plus' programming ethos - 'Rishta Wohi, Soch Nayi'." said Nitin Vaidya, Business Head, Hindi Channels, Star Plus.

The story revolves around Sandhya, a girl who grew up dreaming of becoming a civil servant when she grows up. So, does she have to give up that dream because she's married? Is it okay for her husband to suppress her talent and the will to achieve? Is society right in labeling a man who's supportive of his wife as a 'Joru Ka Gulam'? Will Sandhya's husband Sooraj dare to be different and not be afraid how the society will judge him? These are questions that the new show will seek to address.

"Diya Aur Bati Hum" is produced by Shashi-Sumeet productions and has a great ensemble cast.Anas Rashid & Deepika Singh will essay the role of Sandhya & Sooraj respectively.