Users

Frequent Posters

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Ravishing Amita in Balaji's Kasam Se

Courtesy: Goher Iqbal Punn
Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The heart-hitting ravishingly and sexily gorgeous Amita Chandekar is smiling these days...well it's not just because she's got a lovely smile but she has reasons to do so. Recently she got an opportunity to enact the role of an investigative cop as Ashwini in CID Special Bureau on Sony Entertainment TV. Now she returns with Balaji Telefilms' 'Kasam Se' on Zee TV starting from 16th January. She will be playing a very glamorous character in 'Kasam Se'.

Lucky girl must say well, how many of them actually get to play such absolutely different character at a time. "I am enjoying both my character and really working very hard, getting good response for Special Bureau and I can hardly wait now for Kasam Se to come on air", smiles Amita.

Asking about her character in the show, she utters ... "I am playing Jay Waliya's (Ram Kapoor) Girlfriend who is an aspiring actor, known for her quality work in industry. It's about how a 20-25 year age girl come in Ram's life and get married to him, leaving Amita-Ram's relationship to cease it portraits the optimistic attitude of a heartbroken girlfriend and the rest is to see........." Amita made her debut with Balaji's 'Kutumb' on Sony three years back. After which she followed it up with some popular shows like 'Quayamat' on DD, 'Kamal' on Zee , 'Kya Hadsa Kya Haqueeqat' on Sony and Kahi To Melinge on Sahara One ...... It was her character Malini in the recent daily 'Piya Ka Ghar', which earned her plaudits galore.

source-
http://movies.indiainfo.com/television/amita-170106.html
aries_sakshi thumbnail
Giving her best shot

She has managed to get a foothold in both the gentleman's game as well as in acting. And now she wants to give her best shot in the two diverse fields. Roshni Chopra created quite a flutter when she first appeared on Doordarshan presenting cricket along with seasoned commentators Charu Sharma and K. Srikkanth. And there has been no looking back for this Delhiite since.

Roshni is now dividing her time equally between serials and films. She made her debut in the recently released film "Let Us Enjoy".

"Both cricket and acting are poles apart but they are equally challenging. During the cricket commentary I play myself, while in television serials I go into another zone. I want to do both jobs simultaneously," says Roshni who was in the Capital this past week.

Any comparison with television presenter Mandira Bedi pushes Roshni into a combative mood. "I do not want to be compared with Mandira. Cricket is a religion in our country and everyone has an opinion on it. I am only doing a presenter's job in which I put questions before the former cricketers," adds Roshni. Before every cricket match Roshni makes it a point to do plenty of research work. As television is a visual medium, she wants to not only look good on screen but also speak articulately.

Roshni says she began acting at the age of five. "Acting comes naturally to me. I was invited by Ekta Kapoor of Balaji Production to do an audition in Mumbai. After my performance, I was offered some projects, including films. But I declined the film offer as I wanted to do things gradually," says Roshni. At the moment, she is pinning her hopes on "Kasamh Se" on Zee TV. -- Madhur Tankha

-- Madhur Tankha

http://www.hindu.com/2006/01/18/stories/2006011806310200.htm
aries_sakshi thumbnail
Zee TV goes the whole hog for marketing its new 9.00 pm offering, 'Kasamh Se'
January 16, 06
Noor Fathima Warsia

Zee TV has a new 9.00 pm show – 'Kasamh Se' – and the channel is ensuring that it does everything possible to make the right noise around the show. While the marketing of the show has been planned across mediums, the channel has experimented with various innovations for the on-ground buzz around the show.

'Kasamh Se' is big property for the channel and its coming in the key primetime slot is indication enough of that. Zee TV's aggressive marketing plan for the show ranges from on-air promotions to a lot of outdoor activities. The on-ground promotion has some unusual moves coming from the channel, wherein Zee TV has tied up with other partners for 'Kasamh Se'.

The channel used the Mumbai Marathon, which took place on January 15, 2006 to promote 'Kasamh Se'. "The event has the right media buzz and will get a lot of attraction. We are using this as a platform for 'Kasamh Se'," explained Tarun Mehra, Zee TV, Marketing Head, explained. As part of the promotion, the channel organised a contingent comprising its staff, Zee TV stars and promoters of the show to take part in the Marathon.

"What we are doing is that for each of these artists who are running, we are pledging some amount of money, which we will give to an orphanage," said Mehra, adding, "The show is about three orphans and hence, the decision to give the money to an orphanage."

"We have some mnemonics in the show like butterflies, so you will actually see butterflies running in the marathon as well," Mehra added.

Another tie-up that the channel has done is for the kite-flying festival, where again relevant noise around the show is being be made. In Mumbai, the tie-up is with Mid Day. There are events planned in cities like Ahmedabad and Rajasthan as well. "These are all ground contact activities, which capture the metamorphoses of three orphans into independent personalities," said Mehra.

This metamorphoses into butterflies or, as Mehra puts it, into independent personalities, is the basic thought that has been spun across mediums for Zee TV's latest primetime initiative.

http://www.exchange4media.com/e4m/news/Newfullstory.asp?sect ion_id=6&news_id=19413&tag=14140
Fallen Star thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 6
Excited about 'challenging role' in K-serial

Ram Kapoor
Despite having survived in the highly competitive Hindi film industry for five years, actor Ram Kapoor is all excited about his role in Ekta Kapoor's new television serial "Kasamh Se" which he claims to be a "challenging one". In Delhi earlier this week for promotion of Balaji Productions' serial that will go on the air from this coming Monday, Ram said: "I know films and serials are different. But an actor should not limit himself to one medium. I made my debut in Mira Nair's 'Monsoon Wedding' in which I did an item number. Then I did Sudhir Mishra's 'Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi' and also ''Kal: Yesterday and Tomorrow'. My film 'Devaki' in which I am acting opposite Perizaad Zorabian is running in theatres these days. I have another film in the pipeline but I am not supposed to talk about it. Despite all this, I have absolutely no hesitation in doing a role in a serial, provided it is a meaningful one." The actor, a graduate from the Stanislavski School of Method Acting in the United States, says the storyline of "Kasamh Se" does not revolve around a female protagonist. "In this serial the script does not entirely revolve around the lives of female characters. It is unlike the earlier serials in which Parvati and Tulsi were the main characters. I am aware that television is a women-oriented medium just like Bollywood is a male-dominated one. Moreover, all the characters have been finely etched and look real," says Ram, who is playing an affluent, powerful and magnetic character in the soap opera. Expressing happiness over the mushrooming of new multiplexes and theatres in metros and even small cities, Ram believes this is good for film-makers as well as actors. "Nowadays a number of films are being made and actors are getting different types of roles. I will love to do a solo role in a Hindi film but not want to be typecast as a villain or a comedian." -- Madhur Tankha

-- Madhur Tankha

http://www.hindu.com/2006/01/13/stories/2006011301430200.htm

Fallen-Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
  Zee TV goes the whole hog for marketing its new 9.00 pm offering, 'Kasamh Se'
January 16, 06
Noor Fathima Warsia Zee TV has a new 9.00 pm show – 'Kasamh Se' – and the channel is ensuring that it does everything possible to make the right noise around the show. While the marketing of the show has been planned across mediums, the channel has experimented with various innovations for the on-ground buzz around the show. 'Kasamh Se' is big property for the channel and its coming in the key primetime slot is indication enough of that. Zee TV's aggressive marketing plan for the show ranges from on-air promotions to a lot of outdoor activities. The on-ground promotion has some unusual moves coming from the channel, wherein Zee TV has tied up with other partners for 'Kasamh Se'. The channel used the Mumbai Marathon, which took place on January 15, 2006 to promote 'Kasamh Se'. "The event has the right media buzz and will get a lot of attraction. We are using this as a platform for 'Kasamh Se'," explained Tarun Mehra, Zee TV, Marketing Head, explained. As part of the promotion, the channel organised a contingent comprising its staff, Zee TV stars and promoters of the show to take part in the Marathon. "What we are doing is that for each of these artists who are running, we are pledging some amount of money, which we will give to an orphanage," said Mehra, adding, "The show is about three orphans and hence, the decision to give the money to an orphanage." "We have some mnemonics in the show like butterflies, so you will actually see butterflies running in the marathon as well," Mehra added. Another tie-up that the channel has done is for the kite-flying festival, where again relevant noise around the show is being be made. In Mumbai, the tie-up is with Mid Day. There are events planned in cities like Ahmedabad and Rajasthan as well. "These are all ground contact activities, which capture the metamorphoses of three orphans into independent personalities," said Mehra.

This metamorphoses into butterflies or, as Mehra puts it, into independent personalities, is the basic thought that has been spun across mediums for Zee TV's latest primetime initiative.

http://www.exchange4media.com/e4m/news/newfullstory.asp?sect ion_id=6&news_id=19413&tag=14140

Fallen Star thumbnail
thanx alot for all articles 👏 👏 😃
Fallen-Angel thumbnail
ARUNIMA
Friday, January 20, 2006 11:10:43 IST
Actress

How did you enter the television world?
After completing my education, I was worried about my career. However, I sent my portfolio and got a call for my first serial Remix on Star One.

What are your current projects on television?
Presently, I have two projects on television - Kasamh Se which is telecast on Zee TV and Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai on Star Plus.

Tell us about your character in the serial Kasamh Se?
I am playing the role of the youngest sister in the serial Kasamh Se. She is the insecure kind of a person. This character doesn't like anybody interfering with her life and she wants herself to be left alone. Strangely, at the same time, she doesn't want to be alone. So, in a manner of speaking, she is a very complex character.

What do you do in your leisure time?
Firstly, it's rare that I find any leisure time. And even if at all I ever do find some, I prefer to read books. If I get a chance to go out and hang around, I generally go catch a movie and have dinner.

In your opinion, what has been your best performance till date?
I have just started my career and my best performance has yet to come.

What are your future plans?
I never plan for the future. I have not thought of any other project other than television projects as yet. This is just the initial stage of my career to think about before going any further.

Fallen Star thumbnail
Balaji sets ablaze!

This is the second time this year that Balaji Telefilms' has suffered major setbacks!A fire destroyed two sets belonging to Balaji Telefilms. The sets were located at Chitrarth, Powai. There were no casualties.

Sankraman studios during the floods

First, Sankraman studios suffered major losses during the 26 July floods and now a raging fire has engulfed the Balaji sets in Powai, last night.

Zee's Kasamh Se and Hum Paanch are being shot in the sets there.

"Last night a probable short circuit resulted in a fire in the Powai sets, but fortunately, no one was hurt!" exclaims Shoma Anand, who plays Mrs Mathur in Hum Paanch.

"Yes, it is true, but I can't tell you anything about it," says the gaurded general manager, operations, Balaji Telefilms, Ketan Gupta.

As reported earlier by Tellychakkar.com, the Hum Paanch set is a lavish one as the characters have been shown to be NRI's. Although, we don't have an exact estimate, it seems that this fire must have cost Balaji a hefty sum!

The Hum Paanch family

The cast of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii had lost Rs 3 million worth of clothing due to the rains in July and the Sankraman studios had been totally ravaged by the floods.

The cast and crew of Kasamh Se are currently shooting in Panchgani.

Production has not been affected as all the shows that were being filmed on the affected sets have moved to alternative locations.

The exact cause of the fire is not known and concerned authorities are investigating the matter

By THE TELLY CHAKKAR TEAM
Posted on 12 November 2005 8:30 pm

http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k5/nov/12nov/news_balaji.php

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sister act: Rule of three

Sudipto Chattopadhyay
Monday, January 23, 2006 18:10 IST

A banter with Prachi Desai, Arunima Sharma and Roshni Chopra, who play sisters Bani, Rano and Pia respectively in Zee's 'Kasamh Se'

How did 'Kasamh Se' come your way?

Prachi:
I was studying in Pune where I also attended a modelling workshop. I learnt about the Balaji auditions and came to Mumbai for it. I was extremely lucky to have been selected.

Arunima:
I came to Mumbai for studies. After my post-graduation, I was looking for a job. When I did not get a satisfying one I thought of giving acting a try. I did a few episodes of 'Remix' before the Balaji auditions took place and here I am.

Roshni:
I have been hosting 'Cinemascope' on Zee Music. I was waiting for something worthwhile to happen when the Balaji auditions came up. I was lucky to have got selected.

How similar are you to the characters you play?

Prachi:
Here I play the eldest sister whereas I am the youngest at home; otherwise I am a lot like Bani. I am as emotional and value relationships above anything else.

Arunima:
I am not at all similar to Rano. Rano is studious, while I am not all that serious. I think Rano is a hard-line character because she bottles up her emotions which make her rude and angry. I am more chilled-out and express my feelings easily.

Roshni:
I am unlike my character. I value love more than anything else whereas Pia thinks money is all- important. She is an attention-seeker whereas I am an introverted person.

What makes 'Kasamh Se' different from the rest?

Prachi:
It has a fresh look and feel. The cast comprises of new faces but the approach is very sensitive and they are all women of substance.

Arunima:
It deals with different shades of womanhood. Each character has been etched with fineness and grace. This will vow the audiences definitely.

Roshni:
It spotlights the journey of three young girls who mature into women. The show starts with a major crisis happening in their lives. This is bound to win the sympathy of the audiences.

http://dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1009204
Fallen-Angel thumbnail
"I don't believe in God!"

There are times in all our lives, when we desire the need for divine intervention; times, when life refuses to acknowledge the seemingly obvious and decides to take refuge in a world that is far away from ours. A world that gives the body and mind the spiritual healing that it yearns for. We, at Telly Chakkar.com decided to delve deeper into the lives of our favourite stars and know a little about their lives beyond the obvious.

He's back to television after a long hiatus but Ram Kapoor hasn't lost any of his characteristic charisma that made him a performer par excellence! The actor, who admittedly (and obviously so!) had no control over the way he was named doesn't believe in God. This detail in itself makes this self confessed non-believer an intriguing interviewee. Riya V Ananadwala takes a trip with Ram to find out more.

Ram Kapoor

No belief in God
I don't really believe in God. I don't do pujas or anything of that sort. I have never asked for anything.

Name irony
My name is Ram no doubt, but I don't believe in God. I was named by my grandparents who are very religious.

I am anti religion
More than God, I am anti-religion. I feel this all starts from there. There are so many problems related to religion. We have seen so much in the past and it continues even today.

Fading humanity
There is so much of inhumanity. Every now and then we get to hear so many incidents that it has put me completely off religion. From deaths, to accidents to so many evils, I just don't feel like believing

Posted on 27 January 2005 7:15 pm