Posted: 12 years ago
Hey everyone, 

I'm a silent reader of this forum and viewer of this show, firstly it's nice to meet you guys 😊
Secondly, I would like to put up my opinions and discuss about this show. I started watching this show because well, It's a show on Lord Krishna 😳 Of course I wouldn't miss it for the world!
However in the beginning when I saw the promos, I must say I was rather shocked to see Vishal as Shri Krishna since from what I had seen of him before I just didn't see him fitting the image of Krishna in my mind. However after the show began, I think he really is perfect for the role and out of everyone in the show, he seems to play his part with his utmost capability and tries his best not saying the others aren't but after watching this show for the past month? or so I can't seem to find the others suiting the roles given to them much expect the actress playing Revati, I find her to be really suitable for the role and she truly acts well as Krishna's bhabhi...  😊 Her interactions with Krishna are one of my favorites. 
The others however are giving me a bit of hard time to like them, The actor playing Balram is good but for some reason, maybe it's the way the creatives are portraying Balram or whatsoever the reason it might be, his portrayal of Balram hasn't really won my liking. I don't know why but I like his character sometimes yet most of the time I find myself rather disinterested in the way Balram is being portrayed. I had always imagined Balram to be the big protective brother, who always was by Krishna's side and always knew every trick and mischief Krishna was up to and was always ready to help Krishna out in whichever way he could. In short, Balram was one of the important people in Shri Krishna's life. Yet here, Balram is being portrayed rather badly, I don't fully blame the actor but the show's creatives take most of the blame with the way they keep showing Balram. Balram always knew of what and why Krishna does what he does and he always was there to help out but here, Balram seems to be VERY unaware of what Krishna does much less why he does it? All Balram seems to keep doing is telling Krishna is small and he shouldn't involve himself in such matters, I do understand that their trying to show that Balram is protective but the way they show it, it's rather... so unlike Balram. There's much more I could say on this but I would like to talk about the other characters... as well and from what I have read on the other topics in this forum, everyone has noticed this too. 

But right now one of the main problems I found is the actress Priya, She is a very pretty actress BUT her acting is just... okay? I dunno but whenever she is on screen, I just can't make myself feel interested. She seems to be very expressionless most of the time and the only time she shows expressions is when she is panicked or crying and that time I find it a little too much.
However part of the fault lies with the creatives as well, they just aren't portraying Rukmani correctly, Rukmani was Krishna's soulmate, I often read that Rukami was in Dwarka what Radha was in Vrindavan. But here, she as like everyone else seems VERY clueless about what Krishna does and also even though Rukmani-jii was considered to have unwavering faith and really strong devotion on Krishna, here her faith seems to quiver due to a... curse placed by some woman? Understandable I guess if it had been one of Krishna's other 1600 wives but Rukmani? I'm sorry, I can't buy it.
Her faith on Krishna was always said to very very strong. I doubt Rukmani would have needed Krishna to comfort her by saying  everything would be alright, Even without his words of comfort, She would have kept utmost faith in him and believed he would make everything fine. However here, Rukmani is scared and more over she still can't calm her heart ever after Krishna tries to assures her so much. I just... I don't have words for that... 
I have always always loved Radha-Krishna's stories and I have become a bakth of Radha-Krishna therefore I was rather excited to see Rukmani who I didn't see or hear much of before but what I'm seeing right now just doesn't make me that happy. But I have know more of the story of Lord Krishna and Rukmani from books and other sources so I like Lord Krishna with Rukmani but I wish they showed more of them here, I'm not asking for some made up senseless scenes but meaningful and true scenes of Krishna and Rukmani.

They seem to just want to wrap up all the stories, every time Krishna sets foot outside his palace, He seems to come back with a new wife. They don't even give much importance or much attention to these stories. They just wrap it up very quickly however the stories made up by the Sagars seem to get a lot of attention. I mean I get it they are showing how important devotees are to Lord Krishna but must they waste time with such stories? If they plan on doing so atleast show some better stories. I liked the mother and her disabled son's story but after that the story of the widow cursing Krishna and yesterday's dying father and his daughter, they were very badly written. Due to these type of stories, they seem not to focus on the other important stories, they just seem to push it back a little.

Maybe I'm being very harsh in this post but after watching this show for a month and they just don't seem to make enough effort to stick to facts, stick to true story but rather seem to make some "meaningful" made up story in the name of artistic license? That just pisses me off. Not many people know about Krishna's life after Kans Vadh, I too am one of those people, I never knew much about Rukmani or any of the other wives but once I learned more and more about them I was very much so interested to see the true story of Krishna's life after the Kans chapter but here all I see is Sagar production people's very own tales of Shri Krishna.

I didn't mind all this much until the past few days episodes, I let this small things be and thought they would improve but they seem to want to do as they wish and not care for what they are showing. 

I don't know about others but I worry about how these people will portray the Mahabharata story... there are already so many misconceptions about Mahabharata and I don't think these people may be able to portray that story as beautifully as B.R Chopra did. 

Despite these stuff, despite my whole ranting 😆 I actually like the show and it's mostly because it's the story of Lord Krishna. I like the actors even if they don't live up to the high expectations I have kept but they try their best with they are given I guess.
I wish that this show will improve more and more and will go long for a long time and become very popular like Jai Shri Krishna from COLORS (Which I didn't get to see 😭) and many others.
Edited by Rin03 - 12 years ago
As for the 'Creative License' in the show goes, well its a sagar show isn't  it? so no wonder. I disagree about vishal. I haven't seen him anywhere before, and i think he is doing a good job, but he needs to improve a lot. The whole show practically rests on his shoulder, everypne else here are cameos compared to him, and at times he comes along one dimensional and  disconnected to me.

thats my opinion. Most of the junior cast, and some of the principal cast, need to take their roles seriously and  do a little research. 
Originally posted by Tannistha

As for the 'Creative License' in the show goes, well its a sagar show isn't  it? so no wonder. I disagree about vishal. I haven't seen him anywhere before, and i think he is doing a good job, but he needs to improve a lot. The whole show practically rests on his shoulder, everypne else here are cameos compared to him, and at times he comes along one dimensional and  disconnected to me.

thats my opinion. Most of the junior cast, and some of the principal cast, need to take their roles seriously and  do a little research. 

I know but I excepted more from this future generation of Sagars, I mean this was the production house created by Ramanand Sagar, just seeing this production house made by him churn out historical or mythological shows like this (so far from the true facts) in the name of 'Creative license' is just.. *Sighs* 
Actually i saw Vishal before this in Splitsvilla and some other show on COLORS, he even had a talk show on MTV with the girl he won Splitsvilla with and that show was just pathetic, it was really nto good. But right now when I saw him here, I was so surprised, he has truly improved and still needs to do more work on his portrayal of Krishna but even the creatives need to work on their story writing as well, because Krishna is a tad too bit emotional here, I understand they want him to be connected to this devotees but Krishna was the god who was always smiling, he faced everything with a smile on his face and moved forward and taught the world not to fall when life's struggles pushes you but rather stand straight and face everything with a smile. Not to let sadness pull you down and not let happiness make you fly as well. To be unaffected by the ups and downs in life.

Yes, I agree fully with you on that last part. They REALLY need to do their research.
Edited by Rin03 - 12 years ago
we can only cross out fingers and hope for the best.
BTW: whatever they do, they need to remember, audience out there are not really fools.  and they notice small things too. For example satyabhama's  practise gear,  while it looked nice on her and gavea Jodhaa-Akbar feel, it was completely inappropriate, in a age when  sewn churidar didn't exist.
Yes, All I'm doing right now is crossing my fingers whenever the show comes on and hoping they'll stick to at least some of the true facts or at least find some better actors for certain roles, I mean some of the secondary actors are very bad at expressing emotions. Not like I'm some expert at acting myself but they ARE paying these guys for acting so might as well get some good actors.

Yes! I totally agree! 
When I saw her practice gear, I had a sudden flash back of the movie Jodhaa-Akbar! I couldn't even understand why in the world Satyabhama would wear that, I mean it wasn't even made back then! From what little I know, I think those came in style during the Kaliyug not Dwarpayug.

Originally posted by Tannistha

completely agree !
Well I rather like Priya but they are showing her so less!!!!!

She is the one who atleast suits the role of Rukami!!!!!

I don't even want to comment on the rest!!!!!

They are showing Satyabhama too much!!!!!

don't worry

the way they stop showing rukmini after rukmini track 😕

cts will stop showing satyabhama after her track end with narkasur😡

hope after this track cts will show rukmini and krishna track😛

feel bad for rukmini😭

i don't know why satyabhama character is neccessary to show with this track but i m not liking her at all don't know why

Originally posted by chemestry

don't worry

the way they stop showing rukmini after rukmini track 😕

cts will stop showing satyabhama after her track end with narkasur😡

hope after this track cts will show rukmini and krishna track😛

feel bad for rukmini😭

i don't know why satyabhama character is neccessary to show with this track but i m not liking her at all don't know why

Well Narkasur can only be defeated if his mother wants it!!!!!!

As Satyabhama is an incarnation of Bhoomi Devi, who is a form of Laxmi, and Narkasur's mother thus Krishna needs her to defeat him!!!!!

I agree with some points here. I feel the Sagars are not potraying some characters properly or are just deviating from the original script. I really wish somebody seizes their creative license so that fictional characters won't get introduced & the main focus would be only on the mytho facts. Seeing Amod & his mom in almost all episodes just gets on my nerves. Am I wathching DBSK or Dwarka mein rehne wala Amod aur uski maaI didn't get to comment much on the past few week's episodes, but I've read the comments. Seriously that birthday episode was seriously strange!😕 Satyabhama's dialogues are so sharp at times or maybe say so rude, I wonder why do Sagars make their characters go in extremes😵 Rukmini is always shown as someone who just doesn't seem to have faith in Krishna's abilities👎🏼 I wonder what are the Sagars really upto. And yes Garuda has no beak, just like the kings & princes shown don't have mukuts😲 😆That's why I want their Creative License to get seized so no more fiction in the name of creative license. 

I hope when the Pandavs & Kauravs get introduced they all get to wear mukuts not head-bands or turbans & plz no Greek army's helmet😆 Otherwise just imagine all the Pandavs & Kauravs wearing helmets during the war in Kurukshetra🤣 Chanakya might think then how come Alex is back with his Greek army🤣 ok enough of my silly jokes!😆

However overall, DBSK is not bad I hope the Sagars will improvise their tracsk & characters & emerge as a winner. Looking forward to the current & future tracks😳