23rd August 2011: - Narkasura's entry

RadhaKrishan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello Friends,
Here is the written update for 23rd August.

The episode starts with Krishna Ji standing in the balcony and a voice over telling us that evil powers are empowering the world and now, people are praying to Krishna Ji for peace and now, its time to complete the deeds for which they have come to this earth.

The scene now shifts to jungle from where a Baraat was returning with the bride and within the flashes of Narkasura were shown. The people who were carrying the doli suddenly stooped in their way as they notice some kind of movement. Now, the bride demands some water from her husband as she is feeling thirsty. People stopped him from going anywhere because its near Narkasura's kingdom but he says that he will return soon and along with his wife, left the place and Narkasura and his people followed them and finally attacked them. They killed the bridegroom and the bride ran from that place but while running, she came in front of Narkasura. The girl pleads but Narkasura took her with him.

Here, Satyabhama is practising sword-fighting, and Krishna Ji saw all this. Krishna Ji looked impressed by watching Satyabhama practising like this. Krishna jI clapped and praised her. But she replied back that Krishna ji is trained in sweet talks. Krishna Ji questions her that is it important for a women to learn all this, Satyabhama replied back that its necessary for a women to protect herself from all human faced animals living in the town. Krishna Ji said that she is very dear to him but she complained that if this is correct, then y most of his time is spent in Rukmini's room and then, he goes to Jambanti's room and then, he came to visit her. Krishna Ji tried to explain her, but she was not interested in listening to him and she said that its her right to spend whole time with her husband. In the end, Krishna Ji nodded with a smile.

On the other side, Narkasura was flying back to his kingdom with the girl, she was looking shocked and was having the flashbacks of her husband's death. She started throwing her jewellery. Narkasura said that its good that u r throwing these jewels and now, she will wear the jewels of his name. His mother came there and questioned him that till when, he will torture women like this, he has ruined so many lives, but when will he stop? History has witnessed that the people who ill-treat women have been cursed, then why don't he understand?  But Narkasura said that its history and it will not happen now. His mother warned him to leave the girl but Narkasura avoided her and left the place.

Now, scene shifted to Dwarka where Krishna Ji was Satyabhama ans she was telling him that she will not share her husband with anyone now. A girl came there to inform that Rukmini is waiting for Krishna ji but Satyabhama said that Krishna Ji is here with her and will be staying here only. Samething happens with the girl who comes to call Krishna Ji for Jambavati, she said that rukmini and Jambavati are jealous of her and now, she will not let Krishna ji to leave her as he belongs to her only.

The girl is brought to Narkasura's kingdom and she saw him torturing some people. He drageed her to his other wives and said that this girl will become his new wife and ordered his other wives to get her ready for the marriage. He was leaving when that girl attached him but at the right time, he turned back andsaved himself. Now, he tried to hit her and said that she had tried to kill him, and now he will not leave her. But the girl said that he will get punished. She cursed him saying that God will kill her in order to remove the impurity from this earth. Saying this, she jumped from the balcony and died, while Narkasura is left fuming in anger and Krishna Ji wake up in his room sensing something wrong.

Sorry for all the mistakes and sorry, I dont the name of the girl which was shown in the episode, If anyone knows that please let me know. Will edit it then.

Preet

Edited by -.Preet.- - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the update, Preet!!! πŸ‘πŸΌ
I liked today's episode.  For the first time, Sagar Pictures have demonstrated that they can walk and chew gum @ the same time, by showing Satyabhama's haughty attitude in parallel w/ Narakasura's entry.

I know that most purists would not like the depiction of Satyabhama's defiant and confrontational attitude in tonight's serial, but I actually loved it, having long stopped expecting authenticity form the serial.  So, I quite liked the way they showed her jealousy - first her swordfight, and then her open questioning of Krishna's love for her and demanding that she be given priority over Rukmini & Jambavati.  It was almost perfect - the only thing that spoilt it for me was her telling Krishna that he needn't lie to her, b'cos she can't tolerate lies from her husband.  That was the only thing that I found galling - her crossing the line from defiance to downright irreverance.  Had she told Krishna that he needn't flatter her or overstate her importance to her, she would have done fine, but by downright accusing him of lying, she crossed the line 😑

One thing about showing her swordfight - are they going to show her  as being the one who fights & kills Narakasura?  It will be a first if they do - some versions of the story do have Satyabhama, rather than Krishna, being the one who kills Narakasura.  Only that such versions have her explicitly as Bhudevi's avatar, to get around the boon Narakasura had (in that version) that he be killed only by his mother - something he thought was impossible.  Otoh, after Naraka's death, it was Bhudevi who brought Bhagadatta to Krishna to ensure that he was spared, and named Narakasura's successor.  Aside from that, I wish she had fought a male warrior, like, say Kritavarma 😈 instead of the poor woman she defeated.

I liked the intro of Narakasura - don't know or remember whether the 16,100 (the episode mentioned her as 16,000th) women that he held captive were married to him or not.  I thought they were not married to him - and b'cos they had no status, Krishna married them to give them one.  Krishna didn't marry the wives of his enemies - Sishupala, Shalva, Dantavatra, Paundra, et al.  So had these 16,100 women been wives of Narakasura, rather than his concubines, they'd have had full wife status, and he'd not have married them in that case.

I hope that this week, they show other atrocities of Narakasura - his plundering Devalok, his snatching Varuna's umbrella, Aditi's earrings and wounding Airavata, and capturing several white 4-tusked elephants.  He did a series of atrocities mainly against the Devas, and I hope they show them in all its glory.

On the name of the princess here, I doubt that the names of the 16,100 wives (much less their children) are known.  But if they are, I'd welcome info on that.

Only disappointment - they didn't start w/ Krishna's other marriages b4 getting to this story.  Wish they had, b'cos that's part of the beginning of Krishna's lifelong friendship w/ Arjun
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
yes, it was interesting but more of bollowyood kindish..the story cud have been frm Prithviraj chauhan or any other serial but i know it's a part of the epic...but all that kidnapping and killing, how silly..narkasur is total vella, he remembers how many girls he kidnapped...reminded me of that movie in which some rakshas kidnapped doli's πŸ˜†woh red color allergy wala...i dun like the villains πŸ˜΅ of dwarikhadheesh...yes, we ought to hate them but they create so much negativity and it's not dealt with properly...nor is lord shown to be divine. he's prolly doing amod pramod with satyabhama, again i didn't like that scene...why? Lord knows everything, he was shaken  up  only when that girl died? πŸ˜• what abt the 15,999 poor souls? a better option wud be to show these girls as captives and remembering God n asking his help..

I didn't like Satyabhama either..only if she was being played by some better actor, there was a chance...i spotted her in navya as navya's friend n she looks just that..a college going girl with a weird accent...okay for college but not mythology...she cannot pronounce a simple word like "dwar", how will she say those lengthy dialogues? oh i forgot, the language is supposed to be colloquial here  not fair, nor do i expect this from a mythology...i didn't like her addressing rukmani as rukmani...
Edited by _charu_ - 12 years ago
chemestry thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
loved the episode

like satyabhama acting

only want to know why she was faviorate of krishna?

why they r skipping other three marraige?

is his marriages story was after mahabharat or before it?

feeling bad for rukmini now cts r not showing any imp of rukmini.
i loved vishal n priya togather but now nothing

where is the divine love story of krishna n rukmini

they suddenly bring other two wives.
according to the articles it was story of krishna, rukmini and radha relationshipπŸ˜•

cts r so bold to show krishna relationship with his wives specially satyabhama.without thinking that wht audience will think about his GOD😳
never seen our krishna more human then GOD that he will enjoy every moment of his marraigeπŸ˜‰
in the end when i saw i was ☺️
ANY WAY this make more true story rather then showing only his helping his devotees.

chemestry thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
missing krishna n rukmini jodi

marraige part of krishna n rukmini was so divine n now no use of it
LeadNitrate thumbnail
good in a way rukmini is gone, though the girl doing satyabhama is pathetic, welcome change from monotone pathetic by priya alone.
PS narakasur had a nice entry, those eyes were chilled, and the laugh was right out of 80s cheezy villain laugh

simple quetsion to sagars: though u guys r  chanelling a jodhaa akbar look for satyabhama, such sewn pants were not introduced to india until  the iranian invaders  came, how did satyabhama manage to get one? time machine?πŸ˜†
Edited by Tannistha - 12 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
I also felt this episode was better than the previous ones...Satyabhama's characterization was not that bad.πŸ‘ However, some of my disappointments were the choice of actress, and also her addressing Rukmini by name. Though Satyabhama was haughty and jealous before her pride was broken, she did treat Rukmini with respect because Rukmini was both elder to her as well as Krishna's chief queen (Jambavathi was the second, but she was younger than Satyabhama in age so that latter could address her by name I think). Satyabhama did get miffed whenever Krishna spent time with Rukmini (especially when he gave her that Parijaat flower which caused the whole tulabhaaram incident), but she never outright disrespected Rukmini so I hope the CVs do not show her as irreverential just to make her sound more haughty than she was.

I also do not like Rukmini's weepy character too much in this serial, but I do love the jodi of Krishna and Rukmini a lot so I hope the CVs improve Rukmini's character, bring out her greatness especially during her interaction with Satyabhama, and show more Krishna-Rukmini scenes. I also want to see some Krishna-Jambavathi scenes, because the latter is hardly given any screen space in any serial and she was said to be very sweet, friendly, and supportive of Krishna...also Rukmini's best friend out of all of Krishna's friends. Apparently they bonded as soon as Krishna brought her to Dwaraka.πŸ˜†
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Tannistha

good in a way rukmini is gone, though the girl doing satyabhama is pathetic, welcome change from monotone pathetic by priya alone.

PS narakasur had a nice entry, those eyes were chilled, and the laugh was right out of 80s cheezy villain laugh

simple quetsion to sagars: though u guys r  chanelling a jodhaa akbar look for satyabhama, such sewn pants were not introduced to india until  the iranian invaders  came, how did satyabhama manage to get one? time machine?πŸ˜†

ditto ! 70's , 80s ka villain πŸ˜† For God sake he was narkasur not Dongrila ka dong or shakti kapoor ke he tries to rape the girl and she commits suicide  why was he sitting on a tree BTW? looking out for doli's? well he cud have done that with his pushpak style spaceship, it wud have given him a lot of range to track newly wedded girls πŸ˜† and the girl was waiting to see narkasur's adda  , why not jump from the spaceship instead πŸ˜† why take so much pains in killing her husband? did he have a spaceship too ke he wud have followed narkasur?

jokes apart, i expected to see a proper entry for narkasur, who was he, how did he get so powerful, what was the boon granted to him etc. etc. the narration was bad  i didn't watch the janmashtami episode..why doesn't shri krishna let anyone die πŸ˜• xyz should come back to clear his mother's image, another xyz is dying on his b;day ..whatever happened to vidhi ka vidhan πŸ˜•
Edited by _charu_ - 12 years ago
sweet_diksha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Rukmini won't go anywhere. She is very imp part of Krishna's life. As far as i have read diff forms of 'bhagvat' (sri krishna charitra) , krishna - rukmini know and understand eachother without even being with eachother.

about his other wives, then he had 8 wives namely Rukmini (Princess of Kundinpur) , Jambavanti (daughter of Jambavan, a jungle tribe king) , Satyabhama (Satrajit's daughter), Mitravinda (princess of avanti) , Satya (princess of kosal state, state of kaushalya from ramayana), Laxmana (Princess of madra), Bhadra (princess of kekeya, same state of kaikeyi from ramayana) and Kalindi (she is said to be a daughter of a king who donated his state and became a rishi and so she is treated as a daughter of rishi).

out of this Mitravinda (also known as Nagnajiti from the name of her father King Nagnajit) and Bhadra were kishna's cousins), his patrnal aunt's daughters. (this i read in one of the krisnacharitra in marathi)

out of this , as we know Satyabhama was most demanding and ambitious and was always jealous of Rukmini and wanted to be called as Chief wife (maharani) of krishna. later at the time of that tula of lord krishna , she was tonned down effectively by Krishna and rukmini with help of Rishi Narada.

(of course this is all what is given in diff types of bhagwat puran. so some of it might be part of imagination from the auther's .  but as much as u read diff versions , u get more and more diff stories. )

sweet_diksha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
by the way who is actress playing satyabhama?