A Weapon Called Motherhood

sajni786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

"She who comforts u …covers u and consoles u is an actual fact…a woman drenched in motherhood who engulfs fears of a regular human being edging slightly over the normal meridian mark" ~ Self

Motherhood is truly strange and one can only fully comprehend with it when she herself explores the dynamics of it. If she can nurture n nourish u with all the warmth of her love …care n protection….she can also secure n seal the boundaries around u to shield u from the terrors of perilous worldly life.

Meet today held no unique stance….she was exercising nothing extra ordinary…..nothing peculiar…..she was simply being a "MOTHER" ……

However……there was a difference in the way Meeta employed her "Motherhood" today….Instead of defining it in fragments of guidance….she made it an algorithm of her fear n guilt derived selective function…..more than being a resource…..Meeta's motherhood became her weapon that she stroke across Navya's heart without even having the slightest realization of it….Irrational scrutiny at work!!!

Meeta is nursing a wounded heart…a heart that is now burdened with emotions of fear for the future and emotions of guilt from the past. She in her jist to provide a resolve to her restless heart n the scattered situation at hand …..is somewhere blaming herself for letting the grips lose on her motherhood and providing Navya with the extra love n leeway that she thinks she shud have put limitations on. She is unadvertently nurting a sterile fear that only time will help in proving it to be null n void….

Its true I suppose as Rebecca West Says:

"Motherhood is the strangest thing, it can be like being one's own Trojan horse."

What was so endearingly pitiful to see was the pensive look that veiled Navya's innocent face as a marathon of emotions dwelled up within her…Her vulnerable state was so crucifying to see as u see tears of shock begin to swim in her eyes….and she solemnly nod her head to her mother's wishes while the inner her takes a deep fall….Stingingly poignant!!!!!!!!

As we await the justification of Navya's true emotions in the court of her mom's heart…..we still endeavor to provide a true answer to the 1 universal question….Can Motherhood be ever questioned???😳😳

Rab Raakha,

Shilpa 🤗

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

barbie2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hey shilpa🤗..awesome post as always👏...
i could see even you were gng back and forth form meeta to navya in your post and couldn't take a stand..i guess everybody is gng thru the same dilemma and nobody is able to comprehend, Meeta's behaviour logically...
she seems a little too harsh and strict...
I am not sure if she is nurturing the wounded heart or hurting it all the more with her weapon of motherhood...but i guess i'll let tine decide that for them...
i'll just leave with two of your lines and try to convince my self today...
Motherhood is truly strange and one can only fully comprehend with it when she herself explores the dynamics of it

we still endeavor to provide a true answer to the 1 universal question….Can Motherhood be ever questioned???😳😳

yes , motherhood cannot be questioned..but Alas...  such situation do arises that someof us find ourselves asking this question ...even if for a breif momment...

I feel very sad for Navya..she is reallly cought in a difficult situation ...what should she do? what is rgt on her end? ..or i guess she is not left with an option to make a choice here...she has to pay the price for hurting her mother..by following her rules...
pixiegirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hi Shilpa, really liked your post as usual...

Motherhood surely is complicated. One has to be a mother to understand those feelings... Nothing is ever black & white. 

Meeta is now going thru a seesaw of emotions. She herself does not have any control over her feelings or actions at the moment and is jumping from one emotion to another. She is not able to rationalize as an onlooker would normally have done. She feels threatened by this strange guy who has intruded into her space and she is reacting like a lioness, protecting her cub. Her Navya is hers & theirs only, how on earth can a stranger have so much control over her daughter's feelings? How dare anyone snatch her baby away from her right under her very nose? 

None of what she is saying or doing now makes sense, and deep down she knows that too. It is only when, and as per the spoiler, it will be when Navya says to her that not only her, but Meeta has changed too, does that realization actually hit her, and she starts thinking and behaving more rationally. She will realize her mistake about not giving Navi a chance to present her case and meeting this guy that her beloved daughter loves so much. I think that is what will happen next week, according to Shaheer's tweet, he is going to meet Navi's family next week on Tues. / Wed. 

I know a lot of people have reacted quite strongly to the way Meeta is behaving, but I think it is quite a natural process. First shock, then denial and then slow acceptance. Give Meeta some time to come to terms with her baby growing up. As I said earlier, it is very hard for a mother to accept that your baby no longer depends upon you for everything, and does not share with you everything, it is just part of accepting your child blossoming into adulthood. It's the beginning of a new phase of motherhood... 

sajni786 thumbnail
Originally posted by: barbie2011

Hey shilpa🤗..awesome post as always👏...

i could see even you were gng back and forth form meeta to navya in your post and couldn't take a stand..i guess everybody is gng thru the same dilemma and nobody is able to comprehend, Meeta's behaviour logically...
she seems a little too harsh and strict...
I am not sure if she is nurturing the wounded heart or hurting it all the more with her weapon of motherhood...but i guess i'll let tine decide that for them...
i'll just leave with two of your lines and try to convince my self today...
Motherhood is truly strange and one can only fully comprehend with it when she herself explores the dynamics of it

we still endeavor to provide a true answer to the 1 universal question?.Can Motherhood be ever questioned???😳😳

yes , motherhood cannot be questioned..but Alas...  such situation do arises that someof us find ourselves asking this question ...even if for a breif momment...

I feel very sad for Navya..she is reallly cought in a difficult situation ...what should she do? what is rgt on her end? ..or i guess she is not left with an option to make a choice here...she has to pay the price for hurting her mother..by following her rules...

Hey sweetyyy...lovely n d first reply as always...🤗
Today's epi was a total concentration on the jigsaw of a mother's emotions...which if truly spoken...cannot be termed correct neither wrong...
From a human perspective...wat Meeta is doing is not entirely right...Agreed she is in her own pool of scattered emotions that she is not able to decipher...but that does not give her the right to impose that comfusion n insensitivity which is directly proportional to her confusion...on another human being...even of that human being is part of ur own flesh n blood...
But if looked at from the emotional n relational bond perpective...then Meeta is exused under the name of "motherhood"...coz that becomes her right to exercise on her child her thots n wishes...

The reason why I included that question in the end is coz...if weighed upon a scale...u cannot completely give a true answer as to which one weighs more...humanhood or motherhood...coz afterall...a mother is a human at the end of the day...😳😳
sajni786 thumbnail
Originally posted by: pixiegirl

Hi Shilpa, really liked your post as usual...

Motherhood surely is complicated. One has to be a mother to understand those feelings... Nothing is ever black & white. 

Meeta is now going thru a seesaw of emotions. She herself does not have any control over her feelings or actions at the moment and is jumping from one emotion to another. She is not able to rationalize as an onlooker would normally have done. She feels threatened by this strange guy who has intruded into her space and she is reacting like a lioness, protecting her cub. Her Navya is hers & theirs only, how on earth can a stranger have so much control over her daughter's feelings? How dare anyone snatch her baby away from her right under her very nose? 

BINGO!!!!!!👏👏...Meeta is employing her scattered emotions on Navya coz the intial shock has clouded her rationalizm and for now...Anant has become n intruder as u said that invading her space n her Navya

None of what she is saying or doing now makes sense, and deep down she knows that too. It is only when, and as per the spoiler, it will be when Navya says to her that not only her, but Meeta has changed too, does that realization actually hit her, and she starts thinking and behaving more rationally. She will realize her mistake about not giving Navi a chance to present her case and meeting this guy that her beloved daughter loves so much. I think that is what will happen next week, according to Shaheer's tweet, he is going to meet Navi's family next week on Tues. / Wed. 

Navya's upcoming jolt to Meeta will help put a pause to the marathon of Meeta's restless heartbeats ...But I cant really say if thats exactly wat will make her realize...Somehow I think a space of time is needed between the mom and daugther b4 Meeta can even begin to spell the "r" of rational thinking 😳
I know a lot of people have reacted quite strongly to the way Meeta is behaving, but I think it is quite a natural process. First shock, then denial and then slow acceptance. Give Meeta some time to come to terms with her baby growing up. As I said earlier, it is very hard for a mother to accept that your baby no longer depends upon you for everything, and does not share with you everything, it is just part of accepting your child blossoming into adulthood. It's the beginning of a new phase of motherhood... 

Very well said...Yes...Wat Meeta is going thru is yet another phase of Motherhood and its just a natural process being a mother...
The question that I put in the end however still remains...if Motherhood can be questioned coz on a human basis...is it truly justified for a mother who is a human being...put her child who alos is another human being thru a period of emtional disharmony  that can jeopardize the mental state of the child/human...maybe forever???😳

pixiegirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
[The question that I put in the end however still remains...if Motherhood can be questioned coz on a human basis...is it truly justified for a mother who is a human being...put her child who alos is another human being thru a period of emtional disharmony  that can jeopardize the mental state of the child/human...maybe forever???😳

Thanks Shilpa for your reply. The answer to your question is that, at present since Meeta is not capable of rational thought, all her actions are justifiable to her. She alone knows what is good for her Navya and nobody else. All the restrictions she has imposed on Navi are for her good, and as I said earlier, she is trying to protect her cub from imminent danger, nobody can convince her otherwise. 

But WE know that her actions are not rational. If Meeta has/had the sense to realize that, then she would not have put all those restrictions upon Navi, w/o giving her gudiya a chance to present her case. She would be behaving like the way Renu did, let me check out the guy for myself first and then let me decide whether this guy is good enough for my pyaari gudiya.

In the light of irrational thought and behavior, what she is doing is absolutely right. So, to answer your question, yes, it is entirely possible for a mother to put her child thru emotional disharmony... Mothers have been known thru the ages to use that emotional blackmail weapon of theirs, no matter how harmful it maybe for their kids. Yes, mothers can be quite cruel at times, esp. when they feel threatened, the way Meeta is feeling right now, albeit to them their actions are always justified under the garb of LOVE.
sajni786 thumbnail
Originally posted by: pixiegirl

[The question that I put in the end however still remains...if Motherhood can be questioned coz on a human basis...is it truly justified for a mother who is a human being...put her child who alos is another human being thru a period of emtional disharmony  that can jeopardize the mental state of the child/human...maybe forever???😳

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Shilpa for your reply. The answer to your question is that, at present since Meeta is not capable of rational thought, all her actions are justifiable to her. She alone knows what is good for her Navya and nobody else. All the restrictions she has imposed on Navi are for her good, and as I said earlier, she is trying to protect her cub from imminent danger, nobody can convince her otherwise. 

But WE know that her actions are not rational. If Meeta has/had the sense to realize that, then she would not have put all those restrictions upon Navi, w/o giving her gudiya a chance to present her case. She would be behaving like the way Renu did, let me check out the guy for myself first and then let me decide whether this guy is good enough for my pyaari gudiya.

In the light of irrational thought and behavior, what she is doing is absolutely right. So, to answer your question, yes, it is entirely possible for a mother to put her child thru emotional disharmony... Mothers have been known thru the ages to use that emotional blackmail weapon of theirs, no matter how harmful it maybe for their kids. Yes, mothers can be quite cruel at times, esp. when they feel threatened, the way Meeta is feeling right now, albeit to them their actions are always justified under the garb of LOVE.
[/QUOTE]

@ bold
And thats exactly why I said...its a recurring question that will never have a true Yes or NO...
When Meeta rationalizes and reasons out with Navya n realizes that the fear that urged her to use her motherhood as weapon was actually null n void...she herself will feel bad for the emotional disharmony that she caused her child...Yes she will be excused in the name of motherhood...but in the name of humanhood...she cannot be...coz she put thru another human being under the threat of mental dyfunctionality that cud last forever or cause disruptions to many other things...

Here I am separating the humanness from the motherness and seeing it as 2 diff entities Embarrassed

I hope I am not making u confused with my stance...that I totally comprehend with wat meeta is doing and have no qualms about her imposing her current sentiments over Navya...Its natural as u n I understand...I m not in any disagreement with her actions...nor am I defending Navya here...m just looking at a different perspective of it
Aanchal15 thumbnail
A scintillating post as always, Shilpa👏👍🏼...
Meeta's actions are understandable...as a mother, she feels she has to be a bulwark, between Navya and Anant - the only way that she can repossess her strayed daughter, but she is unable to gather, that all her actions, are in actual fact, tormenting,  her own flesh n blood.😭.She is.a classic example of being at cross roads, for she is unable to comprehend as to how to bring this matter to light , before the family... I felt you were swaying between her actions...not all surprising, coz, that is, how I felt, too...😕 
Edited by Aanchal15 - 12 years ago
barbie2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@Shipla ..thank you for your reply dear...so true...motherhood and humanhood are under two different sides rgt now..but the strange thing is,.. it is being exercised by the same person...i never thought it from that perspective...
@pixegirl and shilpa...loved the array of thought that went back and forth between you guys...I am not questioning Meeta's behaviour either...but yes i had the problem that how can we accept such behaviour from Meeta under the name of motherhood..how does she not see Navya's pain...but i guess as Pixiegirl said...if i put irrational in front of the behaviour..it all seems to make much more sense...yes she is gng thru another phase of motherhood..where her doll has now entered into adulthood and is capable enough to make her own sound decisions...she is still busy protecting her cub without realizing that Navya is not a baby anymore...
@Aanchal..or as Aanchal said that she thinks she needs to be a bullwark between navya and anat to set everything rgt again...
 .she will take time to realize it and then a little more time to accept it...yes that question of navya as per spoiler will definately dawn that realization on Meeta..and then probably she would be able to fainlty see the" r" of rationality...

I loved to read all the  thoughts...it gave a new perspective to my thinking and made me a little more rational in understanding realtions, I think...Iwas able to get a little deeper insight into motherhood...thank you guys...

Edited by barbie2011 - 12 years ago
Aanchal15 thumbnail
@urmi - loved your perspectives too, dear, and yes, it is extremely intriguing and enigmatic, to understand a mother...😃