Bhagonwali Love Confession: Guddu and Runjhun

rani2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I thought it would be interesting to compare Guddu's love confession to Runjhun's.😃

First their actual words (with the translation).

Guddu's Confession

Guddu to Runjhun after he catches her as she faints.

(Hindi)
1. Runjhun. Eh Runjhun.  Hum aagaye.  Aankhe kholo.  Saala tum to humko kabhi samja nahin aao gi.  Kabhie nahin samaj payenge tumko.  (starts walking around tree tying the thread)  Kyu kar rahin ho yeh sab? Woh bhi hum jaise gunde ke liye?  Hum koi Raja Harshvardhan (something) nahin hai.  Log darte hain humse - saala is liye humari izzat karte hain.  Bass ek tum hi ho jo humse nahin darti.  Bilkul nahin darti.  Kyun kit um sirf such bolti ho.

(English)
1. Runjhun, Oh Runjhun.  I have come.  Open your eyes.  I'm never going to understand you.  Never going to understand you.  (starts walking around tree tying the thread) .  Why are you doing this. That too for a goon like me? I am not like King Harshvardhan.  People are scared of me - that's why they respect me.  Only you are not scared of me.  Not at all afraid. Because you only ever speak the truth.

(Hindi)
2. Tum maaf karma jaanti ho.  Or ek hum hai. Hum saale hamesha gussa karma jaante hain.  Saala humra bejha  satak jaata hai ek second mein.  Kya kya nahin kiya humne tumre saat. Shaadi se pehle tumhe itna bhet kiya, itna taang kiya, itna naye kiya tumre saat humne.  Saala shaadi ke mandaap mein jabardasti bhet gaye tume bina bataye tume bina pooche... humne tumse shaadi karli.  Yeh jaante hue ki hum tumko dhoka deh rahe hain tumne Dinanath Shukla se keh kar ki tum hamare saath kush ho, humri amma ko theek kiya.  Humko to saala mobile bechna nahin aata tha... sikhane wala koun tha? Sirf tum. Humare dono par dono haath toot gaye the tumne humri seva ki.  Humko kuch samaj nahin aata ki kaise kar leti ho ye sab tum. Saala kahan se aata hain itna bada sankalp. Kaise kar leti ho?

(English)
2. You know how to forgive.  And then there is me.  I know how to be angry. I lose my mind in a second. What did I not do to you? I harassed you so much before marriage, was unjust to you.  I  forced my way in the wedding mandap without telling you without asking you...and married you.  Knowing that I was lying to you you told Dinanath Shukla that you are happy with me, you made my mother better.  I did not know how to sell mobiles...who taught me? Only you.  My hands and legs were broken and you took care of me.  I do not understand how you are able to do these things.  Where does this big resolve  come from? How do you do it?

(Hindi)
3. Tumne shaart lagayi ke 30 din ke andar tum humko badal dogi. Humhe aacha insaan bana dogi. Or us chunauti ka tumne kya kiya?  Apni zindagi ka pura maksat bana diya.  Hum saala chunati ko chunati samaj te rahege. Or tumre saath kitna bura kiya yeh humhi jaante hain. Jab tumne humko ka na ki tum humre saath nahin chal sakti humra bheja satak gaya tha saala kannauj chord kar chale gaye the.  Tab humhe ehsaas hua. Ehsaas hua ki saala sab chunauti bekaar hai.  Hum kya haraange tumko. Tum to kabki jeet sakki ho hum se.   Aaj chunauti ke aakri din hum iss baat ko svikaar karte hain ki hum Guddu Shukla yeh chunauti haar gaye.  Aaj hum vapis aaye hain apne liye apne pyaar ke liye.  Humne kabhi socha nahin tha ki hum yeh kisi se kahenge lekin... lekin aaj tumse keh rahen hein. Ke hum tumse pyaar karte hain.  Ab tum hume bataao ki kya tum zindagi bhar humri Runjhun Shukla banne ke liye tyaar ho?

(English)
3. You made the bet that you would change me in 30 days.  That you would turn me into a good person.  And what did you do with that challenge?  You made that into your life's aim.  I thought of that challenge as just a challenge.  And only I know how badly I treated you. When you said that you would not go with me I lost my mind and left Kannauj.  That is when I realized.  I realized that this challenge is useless.  How can I defeat you?  You have already won.  Today, on the last day of the challenge, I accept this fact that I, Guddu Shukla, have lost this challenge.  If I have come back today, it is for me, for my love.  I never thought I would say this to anyone but...but I am saying it to you today...that I love you.  Now you tell me if you are prepared to be my Runjhun Shukla for the rest of your life?

Runjhun nods yes and leans toward him.  They tie the thread together in the banyan tree.

Runjhun's confession.

As the train is pulling away:

(Hindi)
1. Aap galat samaj rahen hain Guddu ji. Gudduji Aap galat samaj rahen hain. Rok jaye.  Hum aapse pyaar karte hain Gudduji.  I love you!

(English)
1. You don't understand, Gudduji.  You don't understand.  Please stay.  I love you very much, Gudduji.  I love you!

Runjhun to Guddu after they have embraced.

(Hindi)
2. Aap vapis aagaye.  Aesa lag raha hai ki jaise hume phirse zindagi mil gayi.  Soch ke darr jate ki aap ki bina kaise reh paate.  Humhe maaf kar dijye. Hum aapke aur aapke pyaar ko samaj nahin paye. Aaj mile hai toh mann hota hai ki apni saari galtiyo ke liye aapse maafi maag le. Maafi maang ke uss din ke liye jab aapne apne pyaar ka izhaar kiya aur hum chup rahe.  Aapke naam ka sindoor aur manglasutra toh svikaar kar liya lekin aapko svikaar nahin kiya.  Aapne mujhse sacha pyaar kiya. Humari galtiyo ko svikaarte hue. Jaise hum hain usi se.  Humne aapko badal ne ki koshish ki aur jab aapne apne humare liye apne aap ko badal dala toh hume use bhi jhuta mana.  Pagal hain hum.  Yeh samaj nahin paye ki hum... lekin aaj aaj hume samaj aaya... toh hum yeh svikaar karte hain ki hum aapke be-inteha pyaar karte hain... I love you.

(English)
2. You came back.  It feels like I have come back to life.  I was scared to think how I would live my life without you.  Please forgive me.  I did not understand you nor your love.  After our meeting today, I feel like apologizing for all of my mistakes.  Apologize for that day when you professed your love to me and I remained quiet.  I accepted your sindoor and mangalsutra that day but did not accept you.  You loved me truly (true love).  You accepted by with my faults/mistakes.  As I am.  I tried to change you and when you changed yourself for me I thought that change was a lie.  I am crazy.  I did not understand that I...but I understand it today...so I accept that I love you very much... I love you.

Analysis:

The comparison is interesting because you can see that  basically they have the same parts.  Both talk about their disbelief in the other.  Guddu talks about how he doesn't understand her.  Runjhun is in shock that he came back.  Both talk about the mistakes they have made.  Guddu's speech is very long at this point because he has really wronged Runjhun and has to admit and accept fault for everything.  Runjhun does the same but her mistakes are a lot smaller even though they probably hurt Guddu a lot more than Guddu ever hurt Runjhun.  When I say that I mean... Runjhun was hurt by someone who she abhored and could not stand... Guddu was hurt by the woman he loves and would do anything for.  The pain inflicted was on different levels.  Both admit that they didn't undstand what happened... that it took them a long time to see what was in front of them.  Both admit to their feelings to the other.  I love both of these monologues.  They fit each of them so well and just speaks volumes about Bhagonwali.  The one thing that was interesting to me was that in Guddu's love confession he admits he lost the challenge which means that Runjhun succeeded in changing him.  Runjhun also brings this up because she had thought he had not changed.  I thought it was important becuase she is almost responding fully to his confession to her.

Your thoughts?

Edit:  Thought it fitting to add this image from ZeeTV's previous montage shoot of Bhagonwali on here. 😃

Runjhun (Nivedita Tiwari) and Guddu Shukla (Himmanshoo A Malhotra) in Bhagonwali Baante Apni Taqdeer 😉

Edited by rani2007 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dhanujp thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
⭐️ Rani

This got to be UR 1000th post !!   😆

Congratulations to our New " GOLDIE " Member 👏 👏

Lovely post ! Lovely analysis !

Will comment soon 😉

Edit : So color changes to GOLD 😆 Edited by sheryajp - 12 years ago
pranganga thumbnail
Rani, thanks for the translation.  I am not good at understanding hindi, I had been quite longing for this translation.  So i thought i should thank u for that first.

Very interesting and nice post.  A very good analysis of the confession.  You have left no stone unturned regarding the confession of both guddu and runjun.  i was mostly carried away by the confession and the reaction of the other during the confession.  But both of them have been in tears when they confessed their feelings for each other.  The hurdles which runjun had to cross to stop her husband from leaving her was more than guddu.  In fact, she paid a heavy price for not trusting him.  She had to run, run and run to her love.  When we get back someone or something after so much of struggle, they (or it) will be given utmost care.  Even though guddu confessed, he too struggled to get back runjun from her MMs.  Now that both have struggled a lot to get back their love, gunjun's love will be more strong. 

U did a very good analysis rani, that i didnt have much to tell.
Congrats.
Great post.
Sonadev thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
rani lots of love to u my dear ...u have done a fantastic job👍🏼
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Congratulations, Golden Girl!

Great job!
Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This was an exquisite translation.  I could feel each word and its weight. Thank you. Loved the texture of the words and the shades here.

Congratulations Rani on your 1000th post and hope to see 1000's more
sur001 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Hey golden girl...

Rani the analysis was great...Thanks for the confession of both Guddu and Runjhun...We still don't know what made Guddu to return back to Runjhun when he had confessed...but here the situation was just opposite..when she came to knowb Guddu left that time without trying to know what compelled him to leave...She just supported mama mamis thinking they are right but later when the reality came as a blow on her face ..she got shocked and the thing which was in her mind was her world is getting away from him...The difference is Guddu came back for her coz he understood his feelings at right time but Runjhun though she was aware of her feelings..She prefered to choose the worm of suspicion which was stuck with her till the disinfectant of truth reached to her...The difference is Guddu listend to his heart but Runjhun understood her heart after getting assured by proofs...I think I am not that clear in conveying my points but in shortcut...When Guddu had confessed there was only one who guided him his heart but for Runjhun her heart came in action when received external aid like Lawyer and Amma's word ..
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sur001

Hey golden girl...

Rani the analysis was great...Thanks for the confession of both Guddu and Runjhun...We still don't know what made Guddu to return back to Runjhun when he had confessed...but here the situation was just opposite..when she came to knowb Guddu left that time without trying to know what compelled him to leave...She just supported mama mamis thinking they are right but later when the reality came as a blow on her face ..she got shocked and the thing which was in her mind was her world is getting away from him...The difference is Guddu came back for her coz he understood his feelings at right time but Runjhun though she was aware of her feelings..She prefered to choose the worm of suspicion which was stuck with her till the disinfectant of truth reached to her...The difference is Guddu listend to his heart but Runjhun understood her heart after getting assured by proofs...I think I am not that clear in conveying my points but in shortcut...When Guddu had confessed there was only one who guided him his heart but for Runjhun her heart came in action when received external aid like Lawyer and Amma's word ..

Sur, I get you!  Both realized love...

Guddu realized his feelings internally without external influence. 

Runjhun needed external proof in addition to her internal feelings.

I have mentioned this many times that this is because Guddu arrives at conclusions with a passion and impulsivity, whereas Runjhun is more introspective and needs to be reassured of the facts.
Hence their realizations, though had the same conclusion, their approach was different and at different times.
rani2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sheryajp

⭐️ Rani

This got to be UR 1000th post !!   😆

Congratulations to our New " GOLDIE " Member 👏 👏

Lovely post ! Lovely analysis !

Will comment soon 😉

Edit : So color changes to GOLD 😆

Thank you!! I am still waiting for your comments. 😃
LoveGuddu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Rani...

First ...Congratulations you are now a Goldie...🥳

Second...Great Analysis...👏👍🏼

Third...Thank you for the translation...🤗.

Four...nothing to comment...you have said it all...anything I would say...just would be a repeat of what you posted...😊