YOUR views on live-in relationships b4 marriage?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Poll Question :

Do you Believe in Live-in relationships before marriage?

Poll Choice
Yes
No
Login To Vote
Posted: 12 years ago
Dear Ipkknd fans:

I would love to hear what you think about live-in relationships before marriage. This topic is not just about arnav and lavanya but about the general world.

Here's my view:

I am now 21 years old and I have many  friends here in the US who practice live-in relationships before marriage. We all go to a university and are about to graduate, and will soon make a steady income where we can support ourselves. I have always been exposed to live-in relationships but I still feel like they're wrong. I think that it is really important for all of us to preserve our culture and follow at least some of the traditions of our parents and grandparents. 

But most of all, I feel like marriage is utterly important in everyone's life. It brings in commitment and life-long promises.

Please share your views. NO ONE will judge you :).

Harpreet
hi hun..
you need to have guts to ask that...๐Ÿ˜†
the question is not of "OUR" views..
its of arnav and nani's view..
i kinda agree with "BOTH" of them..
from arnav's side.. he is on the lines of the newer generation.. and wants to live life "HIS" way..
and nani is logical too.. how many of that generation ppl can we think of who will accept to a girl living - in before their relationship? plus she is right.. what if the girl just leaves without a mrraige??
so my take on this is i agree with both of them..
that is in short i am confused๐Ÿ˜•
but i am still a bachcha (17),, so don't know if my saying it counts๐Ÿคฃ
I think live-in relationships are perfectly fine - it shouldn't be at the cost of someone's happiness though. What I mean is - if I want to move in with my boyfriend, that would be his choice and mine and that choice makes us both happy. It's unlikely that our parents are going to be happy about it. I would consider ourselves really lucky if they actually agree.

But, I would consider their happiness and stand in the society about moving in with mine or his family. That doesn't necessarily mean that he or I care about what the society thinks. However, if his folks or mine care about that and do not want to be subject to what they consider as embarrassment, I would probably make sure we get an apartment in a locality where people think like us and then move in there.

Living in before marriage in parents' house should be done only if they think just the way we do. If not, we should respect their thoughts and live in another place.
I do not find anything wrong with live-in relationship if the time and place is right..  Edited by sunaina02 - 12 years ago
I think live-in relationships are fine as long as it is between two people who are in a committed relationship, it helps strengthen the relationship.

It is a question of the opinion of the older generation, who have slightly more traditional views, which they are entitled to. It takes time to change.

Also, I strongly believe in the institution of marriage and it's sanctity. 
I'm not a believer of a live-in relationship before marriage in my opinion but I don't have any problems with it as long as two people r soul commited and r in luv...
Not like Arnav and Lavanya...That is not LOVE 
In america most peeps do that so its normal but lavs n arnav live in relationship I hateeea ughhh it wud be much better if its khushi n him ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
i of course don't understand or believe in 'living in relationships' and one night stand. call me old fashioned cuz yeah i am. if u love someone and want to spend da rest of your life with da person u love, one should not be scared to culminate it into marriage

so da answer is NO, i don't believe in living in relationships, it's not meant for nadz ๐Ÿ˜†
For me I don't believe in live-in coz i m bit orthodox!

Well, I do accept  a couple can move for live-in if they r truly in luv n they don't need any type of cultural knots between them...provided they shud nt make it a chance for moving on with different partners wen they get bored off!
Edited by cindrella255 - 12 years ago
personally i don't believe in live in relationship since the indian culture n all but i don't mind or care if someone is in one like if one of my friends was in live in relationship i would support her since it's her life n she knows the best. i would warn her if her bf is cheating on her all. i live in america so it's common here. personally i don't think i have a right to judge someone by their style of living or their decisions in life it's their choice and if they can live by  it  then why should i care.  Edited by Miss.Colorfull - 12 years ago