Astitva Ek Prem Kahani
Astitva Ek Prem Kahani

Astha's Indifference - Part 2

sree IF-Rockerz
sree
sree

Posted: 12 January 2006 at 12:17am | IP Logged

Now to more of Astha .....LOL

After seeing yesterday's episode, i am pretty sure that we at IF, have analysed Astha's intentions, mindset perfectly. We have earlier discussed in this thread that Astha has emotions as and when she wants it. She has maturity and sensitivity as and when she wants it. There have been instances seen where she has been very insensitive .

Now yesterday was the epitome of her indifference.... We know how she behaved indifferent to Abhi before this... Now, the situation is this...

Sid comes out of jail. AStha and Urmila are happy. They come to Simran. Simran is extremely happy on seeing Sid back. Astha now enquires to Simran whether she told about this to papa. Simran says i have been trying, but he is not answering... The immediate reaction of AStha's is: papa will be very lonely, isn't it? LOL wawa, what a daughter to have!!! She forgets her papa just bcos he did not support her or her mom in Sid's case. Now that, Sid is out of danger, with her, she is again back to square one, as though she misses her papa a lot, feels for him, bcos he is alone somewhere... ClapKya baat hai?!!!

Also, we were talking about the Maturity Bulb which goes on and off in AStha's case. It was completely off when she could not talk it out to her mom, even after realising that her papa was upset when Simran ignored him.

Now, yesterday, this bulb of hers was glowing very brightly. Can you believe that she was the one who talked so pleasingly to Simran, made Simran agree to go and meet Yash once? EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed Wow, this girl is really something... She quoted dialogues of her own mom, that every person should be given a second chance to prove himself/herself... Confused

Now what do we imply of this attitude in Astha? Can we discuss now?

crazyfats Senior Member
crazyfats
crazyfats

Posted: 12 January 2006 at 1:22am | IP Logged
LOL ...You almost blew me off my chair with this Maturity Bulb... wish we had the switch of that bulb Wink...

Well, though I had not read the updates since long as I was out to a place where Internet does not exists, I spent the last couple of days reading all update archives. and I felt the same strangeness.

When Sia found her real parents, she completely disowned her non-biological mother who brought her up with so much love and care... She did not even bother to think abt how her granny will live all alone after Archana passed away... I found it strange and unrealistic... in a moment she forgot the motherly love of Archana just for the sake of her original parents with whom she had yet to strike the chord...

That made me think she was the kalguy ka 'shravan Kumar'.

But then, the recent track was not that wud keep my observation alive. She stood against her dad for the love of her not-so-charming fiance.

To me Astha's attitude looks like she is the torch holder of Akhil Bharitaya Sach Bolo Mahila Mandal where she will support nothing but the truth (oh I find it so fake Angry ...)

1. When Archana revealed the truth, she supported Abhi-Sim for they were right.

2. When Yash accepted his guilt, she forced sim to go and meet him.

3. When Abhi retaliated to sid-Sia relationship, she supported Sid who din do the act.

Wonder what she wud do if Sid was really guilty??... ahem ahem... say marry Gaurav...or better...remain single...or better start the 'Zooth Bole Kauvva Kate andolan' or the best - Just Perish!
innocentindian Goldie
innocentindian
innocentindian

Posted: 12 January 2006 at 3:58am | IP Logged
hmmm...just seems like screwed up writers to me...they aren't paying attention to the the way the characters develop etc.
vazz Goldie
vazz
vazz

Posted: 12 January 2006 at 7:03am | IP Logged
I am sorry to disagree Sree, but her standing up for Sid is the right thing to do for Astha. Abhi just did not like that and did not know how to handle that because he has never raised a kid.
Sia's character has been screwed right from the beginning.. so whatever she does, does not do, makes no sense.
xyzee Goldie
xyzee
xyzee

Posted: 12 January 2006 at 7:13am | IP Logged

I agree with Vazz - I mean her standing up for Sid was the right thing to do.. Abhi was entitled 100% to his opinion but the way he handled it was immature to say the least..

As for Sia, we all know she has been portrayed as rather weird many a time..

Edited by xyzzee - 12 January 2006 at 9:01am
scorpio_pk Senior Member
scorpio_pk
scorpio_pk

Posted: 12 January 2006 at 9:01am | IP Logged
I agree with Sree's thoughts
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top