FINALLY: Phillum Poster Contest Results!

Posted: 12 years ago

^That's right: after eons, I is finally back with the Phillum Poster Contest Results.
I know, I know this deserves a big whoop since obviously you guys were waiting with bated breaths.

Seriously though I'm sorry for taking so long but I was busy and this post involved a lot of work.

First and foremost: thank you everyone who participated since that truly made this contest successful. It was interesting and very refreshing to see everyone's different take on a variety of movies.
But who are these amazing people? Well they are (in no particular order):

SaraPari, -Ayeshaa-, lola610, RIVER, HoneyLimeUsha, ..kiran.. angeldmg16, malluangel, ~Deep~, ScatteredCastle, NaiiNa1, amna malik, aarthirajendran, -Noorii-, kash.is.bk4ever, pakindmuziq, amail1601,
and stuti_naksh4eva

I admit 58 entries was a lot to handle but the sheer number and variety is what made this a great contest (lol I'm praising my own contest!).
Moreover since it was 58 entries, we had some really close calls both in the popular category as well as the CC voting. So please don't feel bad if you didn't win...it really was very hard to choose.

As I have mentioned before first we got the IF members to vote and then the CC.

Since there were so many posters and a bunch of categories, tabulating the results was hard. So I said 'fudge it' and decided to randomly assign the awards. Yes that's right. These winners are not a result of some democratic votes but rather my own personal whim. True story.

After all that unnecessary nonsense (only applicable if you did not scroll down and I know most of you do that 😡), we finally move on to the awards.

(We have a bunch of awards to get through so sit tight and do not scroll down)

As I said it was really hard to vote and some posters missed out due to a few votes. Hence our first award is for the most popular posters in this contest. 

The winners of this award are:
  •  lola610 (for ).

As a reward each of you will be given $150 but since we're also facing a debt crisis (just like the US of A ), maybe you guys can make do with this?

~---~---~
---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~

Next up is the award for the popular posters according to the CC votes. Trust me we had a much harder time with the votes than you guys did!
Nonetheless the
Phillum Poster Contest CC Picks goes to:
  •  lola610 ()

~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~

Those were the CC Picks and they did not include our choice for the best poster. That oh so sacrosanct honour goes to
kash.is.bk4ever for

Enjoy :)

~---~---~
---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~

Done? Not even close!

The Best Graphics Award goes to...Shikhu aka starry.phoenix! I got tired of awarding you guys and since she's the one who has been doing the most graphics since this contest started, the award goes to her. Jee ha!

But apparently I can't do that so instead of one contestant, I'll award this to 2 contestants b/c I'm just that nice =)

The winners of the Best Graphics Award are
kash.is.bk4ever for her poster on a hypothetical sequel to Mr. and Mrs. Smith () and amna malik for her letter to Channing Tatum aka John something ().

Here you go hoarders
(it's obvious why I call them that):

~---~---~

The 'Most Unique Poster' award goes to Miss amna malik for her new take on Salaam Namaste ()...(told you she's a hoarder!):

~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~

The Most Apt award goes to the second hoarder in this contest and it is a she (aren't they always?). She is kash.is.bk4ever for

FINALLY!
Who managed to win the best poster award i.e. who according to you guys is the winner for this contest?
I
'm very happy to announce that this award goes to a poster that garnered a lot of votes in the popular voting as well as the CC voting (I quite liked it as well but this isn't about my opinion).

Hence without future ado this award goes to

amna malik for her poster on Dear John (
)

~---~---~
---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~

Since I haven't said so already: congratulations to all the winners! Nevertheless as I have said stressed above: contests are really all about participation. Be happy with your creations and display them proudly in your galleries.

Please do thank
Shikhu aka starry.phoenix for all the signatures. She's done all the graphics for this contest. Thank you Shikhu!

FINALLY on a personal note: this post is my swansong on IF and although I'm feeling bittersweet about leaving this forum (esp. the CC), I'm glad this was my last activity.
Thank you to all those who have appreciated my posts (be it CC or otherwise)...you guys have good taste ;)
And to those that haven't: well now I won't be there so be happy :)

A big shout-out to the CCs aka Crazy Creatives (who do work hard!) as well as anyone I've called a friend on this forum.

Please stay tuned for upcoming CC activities and for the last time this is seert signing off on behalf of the Crazy Creatives:

"Hasta la vista, baby"
(no idea why I keep referencing the Terminator in my posts)

Edited by seert - 12 years ago
i m so happy , i won
Thanks a lot to all the people who chose poster
Seert, you were one of amazing CC members. I mean all your posts were just a hit.
It was amazing to enjoy reading it. I barely commented on your post, but I am silent visitor and reader of all CC Posts. You guys just rock.And seert best of luck for the future. You were amazing as a CC.🤗

Plus, my advice to everyone. When CC do make these posts, I would be glad we give them deserved appreciation since a lot of hard work they do on it. :D

And MALLU : Congo shongo behna.🤗
HAppy friendship day too. Its less time we knew each other..but you surely have special place in my life.

@Amna Mallik : Are you the same person with copyright 'aamna'? Your sigs, avis and vms are fab..so you really deserved this award.

congrats to all the winners:-)
Nikka,amna u guys rock yaar!!!
CONGO TO ALL THE WINNERS!
All the entries were absolutely FAB!
Congratultions guys.

Amna: you're simply amazing; mindblowing postes :D

Others: congrats guys.

Seriously, You guys are Amazing!!🤗What a posters👍🏼Ech of them are so so beautifull😍

Hearty Congrtazzz to all of you🤗

@ Seert: lovely post👏
all the posters were brilliant!
congrats to all the winners!
Congrats everyone!!
@Seert
Will miss you and ur awesome CC posts!🤗
Amna di And Nikki Jee, thanks for rocking this contests with KaShsome stuff.

Congo on everyone who won the awards, amazing and superb Posters.Amazinggg <3