Balika Vadhu

How could gauri have protected herself in 5 years

tinoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I am just curious.  I do not think that Gauri's case is unique. 

A vast majority of girls go to hostels and also live by themselves while working in different cities before getting married.  It is very natural that they meet boys/men in college or at their work-place and either for reasons of genuine love ... or a need for companionship which they mistake for love, these girls/women may fall in love with a married man who does not reveal their marital status... it need not necessarily be a child marriage that the man has -- it could be an adult marriage too. 

At the last minute, when the girl feels the need to get married ... all this will come out about the existing wife and not before.

So, my question is what could Gauri have done differently in the last 5 years to protect herself BEFORE giving her heart to Jagat?

Could she have done anything differently ? Could she have asked questions differently?  Maybe she didnt ask the right questions? 

What should girls do before giving their hearts away ?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tanvismile thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nothing.may b restrict herself from being in friends with boys.which gal wud nt fal fr j,he saves frm gundas,he cares fr her,give surprises,well behaved wel cultured ,rajastani.i dnt she cud have done anything before giving a heart.Ya one thing to save urself dnt talk to boys n go for aranged mariages.Nways i dnt think they did wrong,nowdays people do breakup if there is no love in mariage.its just that the haveli people cant accept changes .how can he leave a ?leaving is bigest sin no mater wat,one can 10 affair s due 2 unsatisfied relationship bt nt remarry.Edited by tanvismile - 12 years ago
tinoo thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: tanvismile

Nways i dnt think they did wrong,nowdays people do breakup if there is no love in mariage.its just that the haveli people cant accept changes .how can he leave a ?leaving is bigest sin no mater wat,one can 10 affair s due 2 unsatisfied relationship bt nt remarry.

Tanvismile,

I am not a gauri or a jagya supporter. That being said I do not think they did anything wrong in falling in love.  I agree that if at all there are any ethics involved in the situation - all these ethical issues should be solely levelled against Jagya solely.

Jagya was in the marital commitment to anandi (which involves fidelity)... and the marital commitment not to hurt anandi.  He may not have understood what these commitments meant at the age of 8 when he made them. He certainly understood what they meant when he was in the age of 18-23 and he then had an obligation to break it off with anandi instead of keeping her in the dark. This is where I fault jagya.

Furthermore, to this day, I never saw Jagya even have a long-term game plan as to how his situation would evolve into a marital commitment to Gauri. If he truly loved her - he would have been thinking as to how to deal with the situation of anandi - if not for anandi's best interests - then at least for Gauri's best interests, if he truly claims to love her.  Instead, he just sat quietly enjoying Gauri's presence in his bed at Kundatai's knowing fully well that this was going to reach a dead end- whether they actually had a physical relationship is not the question. 

So the crux is - fine, he fell out of love with a and into love with G -- but did nothing to secure the future of either lady.

I absolve Gauri in this mess. Gauri made no such commitment to anandi. She is not part of that commitment to not hurt anandi and has no reason to think of Anandi at all...beyond simple grounds of human consideration.

However, my question is not triggered off from a pointing fingers perspective at Gauri.
If she were okay with the situation as it stands today, I would certainly have no problems with her.

But she herself is hysterical and cursing herself for falling in love with Jagya and having married him. This is why it triggered off my question - not to point fingers at Gauri for destroying anandi's life -- but to question what Gauri could have done to not have destroyed HER OWN LIFE.

Blukitten thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Gauri was very normal and like any other girl during her 5 years courtship period with Jagya.
She was bubbly,smart and very sweet I really liked her then...by marrying Jagya she has ruined her life by her own hands...the right decision for her should have been to leave jagya after knowing the truth.She would have been heartbroken but after some time she would have been healed and moved on.
If she was really too much in love with Jagya she could have agreed to be with him but only after he gave proper divorce to Anandi...finished his chapter with Anandi...convinced his parents for second marriage and then get married.
I am not against 2nd marriage...but cheating ur spouse and throwing her away like tissue paper just coz u have found someone better is bad.
Another mistake she did is she blindly trusted Jagya...any girl can know when a guy is lying...his secrecy about his family and unconvincing answers should have given her some hint even her bade papa could make out in one meeting tht there was someting wrong with Jagya.Why did she behave so dumb tht time ?
trust is fine but blind trust is stupidity.

veenab thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Gauri is suffering for no mistake of hers. She didnt know tat this guy was married. he was so well behaved with her and so caring.
anshansh thumbnail
both of them j & g are totally wrong as anandi said she  made wrong choice by marrying and she accepted injustice herself she failed in life exams and jagya he is not in love to gauri it his attraction to urban life had he given somelove and space to annadi she would have been modernised and educated had he held her hand that i want to live with my wife like lal singh he threw her wife when he was 24 yrs old this is hismisdeed he should be punishe .80% marriages in india are arranged so how can one do such things and blame balvivah  it his illicit relation as he is prodigal spoilt man  spit  on their faces
tanvismile thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Tinoo-see many times when we r in love we r like we l fight with world plus g was stil ok with it bt the ilegality broke her as she stil nt forgten with childhood incident.bt topic is nt abt g & j.i m talking abt parents who r nt wanting to accept their mistakes.their concern is how can he remary.their nt wiling to change their views.what j did is out of question.that is something that doesnt mater to them as far as he lives with a.nobody questiond him on his lies n said we wud forgive u if u never lied to us.thats y now i feel wat else j cud do rather then lie to his family.
vasuja thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

He may not have understood what these commitments meant at the age of 8 when he made them. He certainly understood what they meant when he was in the age of 18-23 and he then had an obligation to break it off with anandi instead of keeping her in the dark. This is where I fault jagya.

tinoo,

Jagya was 20 when he entered MBBs college...He was 2 years older than Anandi...So he did his grad from 20 to 25...i always consider girls more commitment oriented than guys...Gauri had the intention to marry Jagat from the time she fell in love...The only thing that irked me is,

They never discussed life after marriage. About how to break the news to the parents...They decided to live together posing married, it may not be a big deal for jagat but unfortunately in Indian society it is still abig deal for the girl...

How she did never ask to see the photos of Jagat's family???she was very keen to be associated with the family then she would have atleast wanted to see the photo...

Are jetsar and jaipur std code one and the same???

Its just the fact that when 2 people spend time together u tend to talk a lot and get to know many things abt each other... May be Jagya was a serial liar...he lied and manipulated and told a pack of lies so well that Gauri never doubted him...And this situation is completely possible: because we see men having parallel family for 20 years with the first family not even having an inkling...So to be cheated for 5 years is possible...

The question was always what she could have done after knowing the truth...She could have walked away...it would have been immensely  painful but she would not have been in this legal mess...by BV explainations she is just 22 or 23 years old...She should be studying, thinking about her career ahead, what amess to be in that age...

I know Gauri will one day realise her fault and move out of Jagat, but she will be blaming herself for her whole life for spoiling her own life.

tinoo thumbnail
This thread is going into a discussion about J and G marriage and I want to put it back on track before it gets derailed.  I think the debate about their marriage is valid... but that was not my original intention when I started this thread.

There are two aspects of the J-G relationship

First, the five year romance when she did not know

Second, the decision to still marry him after she came to know his past.

I am not interested in the second one at this point.

My focus (for this thread)  is on the first.

How can G or any other girl in a similar position ensure that she knows all these things up front rather than at the end of the rainbow after five years when one has given one's heart away.

How can one know sooner rather than later?

Infact, after bhairon cut off his funds, if J had gone to a bank for an education loan, Gauri would never have known even now. It is only because he did not know where to go for money that this created the grand unveiling of the truth. Otherwise Gauri would have been in the dark for another two or three years.

So, let me rephrase the question.  This is not about Gauri. It is about me.

I do not want to find out after five years that the guy whom I love is already married or has some other kind of past.

What sorts of questions should I ask at the beginning ?  What are the red flags to be on the lookout for right at the start?

Thanks.

vsumeetha thumbnail
when you are in a relationship for 5 years and have confessed your love the next step would obviously be getting introduced or learn more about each other's family. J has been lying so he did not volunteer the information but G should have insisted on knowing more. It is quite strange that she did not do that.

Another odd thing is that parents will make at least two or three trips to the college every year. My aunt used go to her daughter's college whenever she had an exam. But J's parents never come to the college. Maybe he told them not to come but that in itself is very suspicious. 

If G had any brains she would have suspected long back. Either she was very naive or very stupid.