Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cloudz thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

when it comes to mercy killing I can see the reasoning behind both sides of the debate…

while it is fair that a person who is suffering should be allowed to end their life when they can't take the pain anymore, where is the line that defines the amount of pain?

Mercy killing is something that would be extremely hard to regulate about when it is genuine and when someone is using it as a form of suicide…

RUPALV22 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Mercy killing should be completely personal decision regulated by authority!

I've seen both the sides of coins-here the point is to deal with life in case of sickness,I want to talk about even the medical treatment before the mercykilling comes..today with medical advances which offer our body more resources to survive, the cost extracted for the same has made medicine a growing business!! the relatives helplessly surrender their beloved ones in hands of latest equipment & life support system...only to have satisfaction of having done their best!!but does it really happen??

Let's take a case of an elderly ;in our country ppl still belive that this body is made up of five elements & they all should be returned to nature as it is. .they strictly deny cutting of any of body part even for the tests as it disrupts the integrity of nature,they prefer to return to god as the continuation of life in another form & to them all pricks & pins pierce not only their body but their soul.....how appropriate it is to have satisfaction of extending his life for a few months at the cost of peace of their soul??

Let's take a case of advanced cancer where the chemotherapy is only palliative ...may extend the life for a few months at the cost of loss of hairs,terrible nausea & vomiting & pains....patient is able to breathe & have heart beating & nervous system functioning but is NOT LIVING LIFE!!

Let's assume we are relative in both the cases & want to do our best...but wouldn't we stop for moment & ask ourselves; with what are we going to live rest of our life ..guilt of subjecting our loved ones to the atmost pain against his will ;depriving the remaining living ones off the resources available or indulging in self satisfaction of having done our best!!

now when mercy killing comes honestly I belive that birth & death are not in our hands,doctors only get credits for providing the help to the diseased body  within those limited no of breaths provided to us..suicide ,homicide or natural death are only means to bring the end to the story...terminal cases with tubes in every inlet of the body really make us think about the mercy killing..at least to stop the aggressive treatment....but again it depends on our intense desire ..to fight back till the last breath..or let go....the soul in a peaceful way 

In case of coma it depends on ur patience & tolerance & strenghth-if you are ready to wait for that miracle they do happen..!

But in most grave cases it's really better to respect body instead of dissecting it like anatomy lab...!!the decision is ours with the responsibility to carry on the consequnces on our shoulders....but certainly it can't be used as escapism it has to be regulated by authority

Edited by RUPALV22 - 18 years ago
Larki_deewani thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
well...i dont think that mercy killing should be allowed coz everyone should give life a chance...and by legalizing mercy killing will give people an idea that they r the person who can decide for life and death ...and death will just become a joke for everybody
mermaid_QT thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Originally posted by: abhijit shukla

😊

Dr. ji is a happy camper today?  That's the second smiley till now😆