Stars walk ramp for Beti-Kritz

Posted: 12 years ago

Stars walk ramp for Beti

TV stars made their presence felt at the Indian International Jewellery Week which kicked off with a show by Gitanjali, in association with the Beti campaign, a movement against female feoticide.

The stars walked the ramp to show their support to this noble cause.

While Bollywood was represented by Bipasha Basu, Sonam Kapoor, Riya Sen and Soha Ali Khan, the TV stars present included Raquesh and Riddhi Bapat, Kritika Kamra, Poonam Goel with daughter Maliha, Anita Kanwal with daughter Pooja, Ronit Roy with daughter Aador, Smita Bansal with daughter Samaira, Avika Gor and many more.

Recalling the experience Raquesh Bapat says, "The event was fantastic. This was the first time that I walked the ramp with Riddhi. Actually we were to walk with the two girls we have adopted through our NGO Shyamchi Aai but unfortunately they could not reach on time. It was nice to hold Riddhi's hand and walk together and I was surprised to see her confident and composed. The concept of the show 'fighting against female feoticide' is commendable and such causes should be promoted. I feel that education for girls is a must."

Kritika Kamra too was glad to be part of this event. "My mom was sitting in the crowd and cheering for me and that made the event even more special for me. I chose to wear a Neeta Lulla sari even though I was told that many others were wearing saris too. Neeta specializes in traditional wear plus the audience has mostly seen me only in salwar kameez, so this was a nice change. I have walked the ramp in college but this was the first time that I have walked on such a big platform. This was a noble cause and I immediately accepted when I was informed about the event."

Poonam Goel reveals, "I was hesitant about walking the ramp at first as I was worried whether I will be able to pull it off and about my outfit and also whether my daughter will agree to do it. However, everything fell into place and I was very comfortable on the ramp, even my daughter Maliha enjoyed herself. In fact my son Aryaveer kept insisting that he wants to walk too, since Manish was walking for the next show but I explained the concept to him and then he understood. I loved the concept as my family and I always wanted a daughter. We treat her like a princess. It was Manish who chose the name Maliha which means beauty and strength."

Pooja Kanwal says, "This was the first time that I walked the ramp with my mom and we enjoyed ourselves. I feel strongly about this cause which is fighting against female feoticide. I hope this event has contributed in reaching the message across to people-Please save the girl child."

It is nice to see TV stars lending their support to a noble cause.

Edited by Armu4eva - 02 August 2011 at 7:22am

yeah kittu looked stunning in saree...
she was looking lyk a princess,, n glad dat she immediately accepted it fr a noble cause..
so sweet of her//
thnks fr d atcle
thanks for sharing.   women are  more powerful than  anyone could imagine and female feoticide is such a shameful act,   glad that the event is to support the movement against it.   

congrats  to all those participated .  Kritz looked beautiful :)
thanks for sharing!..its really great to support such a noble cause :)

kritz looked very pretty 
thanx 4 sharing the article. kritika looked fab in that peach saree.
thanx for sharing..nice to see that kittu walked the ramp for a noble cause...:D

she looked soo beautiful..!!
thanks for sharing...its very nice that she dioit fr a noble cause...so sweet..
kittu looked stunning..:)

thanks for sharing the article 😊

good that Kritika worked for a noble cause and at the same time, she actually got to wear and showcase beautiful dress from such a famous dress designer 😳😛
Thank you so much for sharing! I saw the pics and Kritz looked liked a doll😳 And Neeta Lulla desigs traditional wear is it?! I thought she's a jwellary designer🤣How stupid of me! LOL Edited by laado_007 - 12 years ago
thanks a lot for sharing :)) Kritika looked so beautiful, and too m glad to know that this was for a social cause and she was a part of it :)