Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Evil Evil all the way, baby i like it :D

-honeydew- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
I would say kudos Abhaas Mehta for carrying out the role of Shyam so well with so many shades ...
In one episode i could see why the cvs have chosen this man to play Shyam... all these days i looked like this mawali dabang that lives with Khushi and gang in a small middle class house hold and within a fraction of seconds he just transitioned himself into the damaad of the house, with all his charm ... 
There was evil written all over his face though he was trying to be nice... he was doing all the rasams, trying to win over his wife, created an impression on his brother in laws ... and walked back into the house like he had never disappeared ... imagine this man telling Arnav... dhaaga nahi toh wrist band samajh pe pehen lee jiye ga ... and then surprising Anjali with a saree later ...

now my point is .. why did this man get Khushi a job...? why is he misleading the family and why does the family have such blind trust and faith in him .. must say he is a smart cookie and a player of the first order ...

there was a strong contrast between the things he said, and the things he actually meant, and the way they interspersed the flashes of Khushi and how she had taken over his mind, and how the very mention of the word, disturbed him... had me totally intrigued ... whats the fun if the story has no twists and turns .. and whats the use if Arnav and Khushi just fall in love ... 

I think the creatives have done a fab job of opening the week with many possiblities and open ended questions ...

That little bit, where Khushi thought of Arnav and the bgm just gave me ample dose of ArShi for the day ... but i must say ... today ... it was Abhaas as Shyaam that walked away with the cake ..ah ah ...badam ka halwa !!!! and a plate of jalebis not to forget ...!!

love,
nihaa

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Amazing,Abhaas Mehta is an amazing actor!
He is so good at emoting!
geet.a thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
nihaa!!

GREAT post!!

And i loved the questions you're thrown up!

And indeed, where's the fun if the leads just fall in love- there ought to be more angles to a relationship right?
I loved how you talked about abbhas being the perfect shyam!

and i do wonder why he got khushi the job- and why only there..what's the reason behind his attraction for khushi..particularly a kind of sinister attraction...
aa123.80 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Oh yeah, he was so good today. Really made me wanna punch his face. Lol.

He did the dual emotions thing really well. Looked evil and innocent at the same time. If handled well, this could be a great track and the presence of a proper negative character in ArHi's story would make for a really unusual kinda track.
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Great post, Niha!

will come back tomorrow with my thoughts!
SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Whatever he speaks, whether to Kushi or Anjali, sounds all sweet but in reality is a poison disguisedly packaged in a honey bottle.

monsi08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Yeah... Abhaas is a nice actor.. his expressions were all evil...
But  still I dont believe that he is lusting after Khushi... In some post made by Zainab .. I replied this.. which I repeat 😛

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I too agree with you... he cant be in love or lust for khushi.. doesnt look like... He has some BIG agenda than just cheating on his wife ... There is definitely some hidden grudge between him and Arnav's family... And I am kind of more towards the idea of him being Khushi's bro rather than someone having "buri aankh" on Khushi... reason could be that due to Arnav's family in the past Khushi became orphan and might be separated from Shyam .. he wants to take revenge through Arnav's Sister... And also put a big dent on Arnav's financial status...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers,
Monsi
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Great post, Niha ... and agree ... Abhaas was fab in yesterday's episode! Kept us all guessing as to what shde of grey he will eventually turn out to be ... a clever, cunning villain ... should make things really interesting.

now my point is .. why did this man get Khushi a job...? why is he misleading the family and why does the family have such blind trust and faith in him .. must say he is a smart cookie and a player of the first order ...

Good questions ... the first makes me think that he has genuinely fallen for Khushi or at least is a well-wisher ... another friend suggested a bachpan ka pyaar or some connection with the Guptas and Raizadas from the past. It seemed he was genuinely trying to help her out by getting her the job ... but at the time, he didn't intend for her to meet ASR at all.
As to why the family has such blind trust in him ... because he is VERY cunning and clever ... also I don't discount the possibility of his actually wanting to keep his marriage intact, because Anjali is his golden goose and he has been very careful with the family so far.
But what happens next is anybody's guess!
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
ur rite nihaa!!!! 

i ws told by pari dat one day i'l realize y CVs chose abbas as shyam and i guess now i know y. his evil look just irked me last nite and dat ws da first sign of seein shyam turnin negative as a result of kushi obsession...

im in da verge of chanin my perception abt dis guy for da betterment...
NOPE im not referin to dat lunatic pervert no no... im referin to abbas ðŸ˜†