Boy arrested from Jaipur for creating fake profile

abhishekh1.chop thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Tags: Barun Sobti
JAIPUR: A teenaged boy was arrested from Jaipur city by city police for allegedly creating a fake profile of TV Celebrity - Barun Sobti on popular networking site Facebook and uploading personal photos on it.

The matter came to light sometime back and Barun had himself filed a complaint in this regard with the police for investigating the matter, Jaipur's inspector general of police (IGP) told Jaipur news today.

A police team had then contacted Facebook's India office on the issue, but when they did not reveal any information citing privacy policies of the social networking site, Jaipur police sought the help of Interpol following with the site's head office informed that it was created by and Jaipur based house situated in Jauhari Bazar.

When contacted Barun, he informed that he has been on FB but few days earlier he had deleted his account as he was not much comfortable using it. According to his report, police is already working on other 15 fake accounts / 14 pages created by his name.

This sucess might be an awareness of all the TV celebrities profiles which are bieng misused.

Edited by abhishekh1.chop - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

stardust- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
yes it was a fake!! and IF this article is true.. kudos to the police..
geet.a thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
kitna bola..kitna report kiya..good
rechup thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I think it is good to stop these kind of fake profiles. these are deceiving the fans a lot
.Prometheus. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Errrm Interpol?? Seriously!!! Interpol deals with serious criminal, never knew they would handle something like this😕
adits7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@geetu we knew it ws fake din we...coz he did mention it in most of his interviews about his uncomfortableness for social net sites..
chammak_challo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
oh boy...! Barun should eventually get on fb so he can interact with us fans😳
niki_09 thumbnail
I thought it ws real..sheesh ,...
Go barun 
FlamingsOfLove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
ahow my god, good thing i found out now 
ash91 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Well, we knew right since beginning that it was fake...bless Barun to have complained about it!!! varna hum tho report karthe rehte and new profiles would be popping out..