Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna

07/26/2011: Krishna/Balarama defeat Rukmi/Sishupal

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Sishupala & Balarama are face to face.  Sishupala taunts him about their relationship and offers to forgive him if he begs forgiveness, and invokes Balaram's fury!!! πŸ˜†  Sishupala raises his sword, but Balarama fires an arrow from his bow and knocks his sword off his hands.  πŸ‘  (Yaah!!! Jai Shri Balarama!!!! πŸ‘)

Rukmi intercepts Krishna w/ a volley of arrows, blocking his path.  He starts taunting Krishna as a thief, and tells him that this is his last crime.  Krishna tells him that Rukmi was about to rob his sister of all her happiness, blessings, a mother's love and a lot more, and was unworthy to be her brother, and he was a much greater thief than Krishna was.  He challenges Rukmi not to try and trump love w/ concepts like country, loyalty, enemity and all that, and gives him a final opportunity to to accept this alliance. Rukmi is livid!!!

Rukmi draws an arrow, but Krishna raises his arrow as well and a battle starts.  Arrows from both blow up each others'.  Then one arrow of Krishna's knocks off Rukmi's bow.  Rukmi then hurls a spiked mace @ Krishna, which is destroyed by an arrow.  Krishna then destroys Rukmi's axe, and then knocks off his turban.  Rukmi starts furiously abusing Krishna πŸ˜†, and draws his sword.

In the meantime, Balarama and Sishupala are involved in a mace fight, where Sishupala is badly wounded.  Sishupala's men take him away.  Kritavarma asks him why he left Sishupala alive.    Balarama tells him that he was just there to protect Krishna, and by defeating him, he's fulfilled that.  He says that Sishupala was inexperienced, and had no idea of what he was doing, so he'd not insult his mace by killing him.  After Kritavarma goes, Balarama accuses Krishna of softening his heart πŸ˜†πŸ€£

In response to more insults from Rukmi (including a threat to abduct Dwarka's women), Krishna tells him that he'll give him a fitting reply, adding that even demons don't insult women in battle and draws his own sword, and dismounts his chariot.  The two of them start a batttle, and sparks fly πŸ˜†  Rukmi is knocked down.  Krishna is about to strike him, when Rukmini comes down and falls @ his feet, and begs him to spare Rukmi.

Krishna reassures her, and tells Rukmi that it's his fortune that Rukmini is his sister, but tells him that he'd definitely be punished.  He ties Rukmi to his chariot and decides to drag him behind it to Dwarka.

Balarama arrives, and tells Krishna that he can't do that to an in-law.  Krishna tells him that he's not doing it to an in-law, but a criminal, who has to be punished.   Balaram tells him that he should give him a more fitting punishment, like curbing his arrogance.  He tells him that his greatest pride is his head, and suggests that Rukmi be half shaved.  He asks his charioteer to shave Rukmi's head. πŸ˜†

Krishna tells Rukmini that he understands her sadness, and explains to her the complexity of relationships, how they change from one birth to another, and why it was necessary to punish Rukmi.  If he looks @ himself in the mirror, he'll remember how he abused his power and tortured his family.  He asks Rukmini to cast off her grief, and accept the norms of society.  In the meantime, Balarama's charioteer shaves half of Rukmi's head and the other side of his mustache πŸ˜† 

Then Krishna, Rukmini & Balarama drive off, and Rukmi howls in anger πŸ˜† (His head is a sight to behold πŸ€£)
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bhavaani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
LMAO Rukmi's half shaven head was the highlight of the episode! Also I really liked Vishal's expressions when he drew his sword and had Rukmi at sword point. Angry Krishna is such a rarity πŸ˜ƒ lol. Also Priya was very good when asking Krishna to spare her brother.

Weee...it's getting better LOL let's see how long it lasts! At least they were fighting in a real field this time πŸ˜†

Vr15h thumbnail
Fantastic episode!!!  I was looking @ this mainly for authenticity, and I'd give it a B.

First of all, the Balaram vs Sishupala was great, aside from my observation on yesterday's episode that Sishupala as a cavalry warrior looked like a total misfit.  Anyway, Balaram first knocked Sishupala's sword off, and then beat him in a gada-yudh.  Fantastic!!!  Only shortcoming of this part - it wasn't a mere duel b/w Balaram & Sishupala - the entire army was involved.  It was strange that Jarasandha, Shalva & Dantavatra were brought in for the wedding, and not there in battle.  In reality, it was a major battle where Balarama defeated all those rulers combined.

I thought they picked a horrible actor for Kritavarma, who wasn't a nobody: in the Swayantaka gem chapter, he was among those who plotted against Satyabhama's father, and in the Mahabharat war, he was one of the 11 commanders of the Kauravas, one of the 3 survivors who massacred the surviving Pandava army, and the starting point of the argument that started the Yadava fratricide.

But Krishna's & Rukmi's battle was true to script, again, aside from Rukmi being on horseback.  First bows & arrows, then maces, then swords.  Krishna seemed almost like Achilles when he decided to drag Rukmi behind his chariot to Dwarka πŸ˜†.  Here, Balarama was uncharacterestically restraining, but made him change the punishment to half shaving Rukmi.  As a reference comparison, in the ACK, Krishna shaved Rukmi himself the same way, just half the hair, and then Balaram came and was appalled, and released him.  Here, the guard shaves him.

Given how Rukmi had ill-treated his parents, I was surprised that Krishna didn't mention that while refuting Rukmi's tirade.  Of course, it was fictional.  As was Krishna's bhashan to Rukmi about love being greater than everything else - country, alliances, enemity, etc (Subhadra didn't have any love for either Duryodhan or Arjun, but Krishna set it up for those very reasons.)  However, one thing I liked was that Krishna insisted that Rukmi be punished irrespective of his relationship to them b'cos of his deeds: that act was not only refreshingly realistic, but true to the original script, where Rukmi was half shaven.  (This was in refreshing contrast to both BRC and SK, where Rukmi was easily forgiven and let go, w/o any punishments.)

Anyway, all in all, glad that the battles of Krishna & Balarama were reasonably well covered. πŸ‘  Yeah, the past 2 weeks episodes ensured that the expectations bar was set low.

Language howlers: Krishna's use of bewaqoof, afsar and rishtey-natey instead of murkh or mauka or sambandh. 🀣
chemestry thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wow !!!!!!!!!πŸ‘

amazing episodeπŸ‘πŸΌ

all of them acted wellπŸ˜›

vishal is amazing as krishna
today we got to see an angry young krishnaπŸ‘

i just loved the  krishna n rukmini scene how romantic β€οΈ
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the update, Vrish... and congrats on the use of bows and arrows πŸ˜† I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. The pace, the special effects, the choreography of the gada fight, the performances were all great. Ok real reason... the sight of Vishal charging forward with a sword in hand... haayeee 😍 That, along with the way he conveyed an instant mood change upon hearing the "maa ka doodh" taunt and his outraged response. Brilliant πŸ‘

Also continuing to love Hemant as Balram; he too is doing a really smooth job with the mood changes e.g. from the fury in the fight scene to the gentleness after letting Shishupal go, when he comments on how Krishna has rubbed off on him... how shweet 😍 And Priya, too, showed huge improvement in the scene where she pleads for Rukmi's life - they squeezed some relatively proper words in there and she managed to get out all the syllables!!! And I found her voice more expressive than before in both today's and yesterday's episode... she should keep doing whatever she's doing, almost there πŸ‘

The punishment of Rukmi is one instance where BRC's variation actually made sense to me, since the character changes for the better after this event it is more plausible that such a change was the result of having been treated mercifully rather than being humiliated. Especially when this show's given us a Rukmi who's extra ruthless; they'll have to get pretty creative in showing us how he reforms. But given the strengths of today's episode, I'm sure they'll pull it off!

The eyelock at the end was blah and this new thing they're having Vishal do since yesterday - turn to the camera, tell the audience the "moral of the story" and turn back to whoever he's talking to and continue as if nothing ever happened - feels out of place in the show. But all in all this episode didn't meander as previous ones had, some improvements in the quality of the dialogues and huge improvement in their delivery, and overall they gave us reason to be hopeful about how they'll handle the rest of the show.

And Vrish, your language howlers segment has a bit of a howler in it - "avsar" and "mauka" need to switch sides πŸ˜› Anyways good catches... you should make a whole thread for these πŸ˜†

Thanks again for the update!
Edited by lola610 - 12 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Oh, another major noticable thing was the change in Balarama's character - they suddenly made him so wise, it was refreshing.  First, he spares Sishupala saying that he's an inexperienced boy, and then he gives Krishna a mini-bhashan about his relationship w/ Rukmi 🀣 and then advises him to hurt his ego, rather than his body, and suggests the most humiliating punishment.  (But wonder how he'd have done it if he had to do that to Jarasandha 🀣)

On Balarama's comment - if Krishna has softened him, Balarama has hardened Krishna πŸ˜† - initially, Krishna wanted to kill Rukmi, which Rukmini disallowed, then he wanted to drag him behind his chariot, which Balarama disallowed.  Looks like Balarama's getting his revenge for being disallowed from killing Jarasandha 😈🀣

In the original, it was Krishna himself who shaved Rukmi, not Balarama's charioteer.  And Balaram arrived there after the fact, and berated Krishna, and released Rukmi.  But here, Balarama went along w/ the idea of punishing him.

So in these 3 weeks, they've shown a furious Balarama and now morphed him into the gentler, thinking Balaram who's even good w/ a bow.  I'm impressed πŸ‘ (no sarcasm here)

P.S. Lola, my bad πŸ˜†
Roark thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Oh god, I am missing such wonderful discussions. But I should be back tomorrow and I will add my tid bits.

Vrish, tahnks for the update.

Rukmi's shaven head was howlarious yesterday. and the way he screamed .

But honestly the first time I like Vishal's expression, he has a smirk until Rukmi started to abuse women and when his expression changes. That was awesome.

That shishupala character they have here is some one  who cannot  even hurt a fly.

Change balarama's costume, I dont want to see hector, achilles, and rana pratap badly rolled into one.

But yesterday for once they showed Krishna listening to Balarama and it was fine.

I quite like yesterday's episode.
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Thanks for the update, episode was good, Balram defeating Shishupal, the leaving fainted Shishupal on the ground, no one from Shishupal's army dared to fight with Balram.

Rukmi- Round 1, starting with his verbal war with Krishna, got answered well by love knows no boundaries by Krishna, Krishna won.
Round 2, varieties of weapons from Rukmi against, bow & arrow from Krishna, Krishna won
Round 3, Rukmi's verbal attack angers Krishna, liked the expression on his face, both fights with saword, Krishna won.
Time for Rukmi's punishment- is saved initially by Rukmani's plea to Krishna, but was finally left with his half head & mustach shaved on Balram's order, his pride was destroyed.
Krishna explained very well that all the souls were, are & may be, connected with each other in past, present or future births, we have to be careful while dealing with every human being. A guilty should be punished to set expample for others & for the person getting punished too, which may stop him from comitting more mistakes.
Overall, a good episodeπŸ‘
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Indeed one of the great episodes of DBSK so far  πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘... Loving Vishal as usual, really matured acting/ expressions in all the scenes πŸ˜ πŸ˜ πŸ˜ ... And yes, I have started loving Balaram and Rukmini too β­οΈ β­οΈ... Last explanation about '... ek hi Aatma sabhi me rehta hai, wo Paramaatma ka ansh hai' part was the BEST one!!  β­οΈ β­οΈ β­οΈ

chemestry thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
love the expression of vishal when he changed his expression suddenly from smile to angry πŸ˜›

good message from lord krishn in betn about the respect of women