Channel V Dil Dosti Dance

Making VMs - Rafi's Tips for first-timers =)

BarsaygaSaavan thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

I am definitely no expert on this but Ive had a lot of PPL PM-ing me about making VMs and tips to start off .. so heres my two cents for them ..Im not the best person to ask... but I HAVE made a quite a few VMs and here are a few tips I'd wanna share with every first timer πŸ˜³

1. EMBEDDING - Take your youtube link , paste it in microsoft word. Right click on the link and choose "REMOVE HYPERLINK". Then :

[YOUTUBE] your link [/YOUTUBE]

Please not that the above will not work if there is any space between ur link and the embedding tabs --->  [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

2. TRANSITIONS - Start with Windows Movie Maker. Its a GREAT program to start with πŸ˜³... dont go on what ppl say about WMM being stupid  πŸ˜‘ . Even I use WMM for ALL my transition .. Sony Vegas only for final finishing touches. Use WMM as much as u can .. get comfortable with it .. experiment with various transitions and animation . The trick is .. not to overdo it. Too much of anything is bad. Same goes for transitions and animation. When u pick a transition (Called "Animations" in WMM  ), go for smoother transitions like Fade ins or  Crossfade  . If you go for Animations like the once that breaks ur video into a thousand tiny hearts/circles/triangle etc it makes the VM look childish and takes away from the feel of the video.    When u have mastered WMM, download SOny Vegas and use it for colouring ur VMs and othe special effects. 

3. VM PLOT AND SCENE SELECTION - The best VMs are not the ones with the fancy colouring / Flashy editing. Its the one with the best storyline.   EVERY VM should tell its own story, and not borrow from the existing plot of the drama. So be very specific when you pick songs and select scenes for the. Sweet eyelocks and dance sequences are always a VM makers first preference because they are romantic by default but remeber its the tiny gestures, the inconspicuous changes in facial expression that make for the real  feel of the video and give it the fine-tuning .And dont force scenes into your Vm .. if u feel it doesnt quite belong ... then it prolly doesnt . So be VERY specific about scene selection . Pick scenes that go with the lyrics even if it seems unromantic to u ... As long as it fits with the lyrics, the music will automatically take make the viewer with the flow of the song and not just random scenes because they look romantic...  That way .. even if u dont have fancy editing , ppl will like ur VM and relate to it . Only when  ur VM manages to tell a good story , the viewer go like "DAMN that was something. I could watch that a zillion times and not get bored". And the best way to know if ur viewer is gonna be "WOW-ed" is if u urself like it ! 

Ur romantic VMs shud be able to give ppl butterflies in their stummick and reminds them of their first crush πŸ˜ .. ur Funny VMs whud be able to make em clutch their Stummicks and howl with laughter like this --> πŸ€£   .. ur Sad stuff shud be able to crush their heart and squeeze out the last tear outta them πŸ˜†

4. COLOURING - This is a very important part of the VM and is best done in Sony Vegas because because even though WMM is a great place to start , its colouring SUCKS   (Except for mebbe Sepia or B& W). But DON'T' NEVER.. EVER  start off with colouring. Proceed to it only after u have finished ur whole VM - The colouring shud be ur last step. Colouring adds to the feel of the video ...

--->Chirpy, breezy , light and cute VMs (For example , say for couples like ViHa / RiMar / NimMi / BharKa) should have bright (But not TOO bright) and colourful shading. Go for a pink tinge ... looks good.. Try and avoid the blue / Greenish tinge because they make the slightly brown typical Indian skin like ours look Jaundice-ish and sick. Purple filter is also good , but careful with the tinge level. I'd say Pink is the most appropriate shade for this type of VMs ... Remember I said pink SHADE / TINGE .. Don't make  the whole thing pink and turn ur VM into a tub of strawberry Ice-cream muck πŸ€£

---> For a hip, stylish and sizzling with chemistry πŸ˜Ž couple like KriYaansh, use flash / Glow effects ...  bright colours but not like the above category ... A blurred / White based Vignette brings out the chemistry of KriYansh !  

---> SwaRon is a more ... uh how do I say this .. If KriYansh is like the turbulent waters of the Niagra Falls  .. with Extreme highs and lows and hots and chills πŸ˜Ž ... SwaRon would be like the calm surface of a lake running thru a deep ravine between two mountains πŸ˜³... U should use (in my opinion) slightly darker colours and a muted glow for them ... Usually a black based Vignette ( The black shading around the border) for SwaRon as opposed to the white vignette for Kriyansh .. 

ALL THAT BEING SAID .. All the best to my newbies πŸ€— Looking forward to your VMs ! πŸ˜³

Edited by geet_maan_magic - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Parvathi12 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
this is gonna help me a lot in my next VM's... πŸ‘
sweetshine thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: geet_maan_magic

---> SwaRon is a more ... uh how do I say this .. If KriYansh is like the turbulent waters of the Niagra Falls  .. with Extreme highs and lows and hots and chills πŸ˜Ž ... SwaRon would be like the calm surface of a lake running thru a deep ravine between two mountains πŸ˜³... U should use (in my opinion) slightly darker colours and a muted glow for them ... Usually a black based Vignette ( The black shading around the border) for SwaRon as opposed to the white vignette for Kriyansh .. 

i luv dis description of urs😳...very well saidπŸ˜‰
_sana.Magic_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
awesome rafi...really nice thread u are pro
BarsaygaSaavan thumbnail
Originally posted by: luvKaJen666

this is gonna help me a lot in my next VM's... πŸ‘

Glad to know that πŸ˜³ I like how u started off with a bang and that too on my favourite couple SwaRon πŸ˜‰ Looking forward to many  more SwaRon VMs from u πŸ˜³
_sana.Magic_ thumbnail
rafi u got a partner whose gonna make swaron vmz with u
:P
BarsaygaSaavan thumbnail

Originally posted by: sana.shanak

rafi u got a partner whose gonna make swaron vmz with u

:P

Dil mein iss the my .. laddoo is the phootings πŸ˜†.. itne saare phootings  ... ke soching dukaan kholing yaa not ? πŸ€£ πŸ€£

More SwaRon πŸ˜  β˜ΊοΈ Hayyy πŸ˜†
_sana.Magic_ thumbnail
rafi m telling u dnt mind but u r a crack pot
:) u make me laugh so much
BarsaygaSaavan thumbnail
Originally posted by: sana.shanak

rafi m telling u dnt mind but u r a crack pot

:) u make me laugh so much

Thank u for the compliment πŸ€£  I LIVE for humour πŸ˜†
I'd rather someone say Im funny than Im pretty or Intelligent ! 
So thank you ... Rafi now has more laddooos thanks too u πŸ˜›
NxtRockstar.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Dear TM..
I've one problem with WMM as it doesn't accept flv format videos. Most of my downloaded videos are in flv format and I used to convert flv to wmv but now it's not working. I am really facing this problem with WMM. Please suggest me if you can..