Posted: 12 years ago

Pyar mein gustakhi

Arjun was riding his bike on the lonely road.  He wore a black shirt buttoned down to two and  black jeans .   Even the pouring rain was not able to cool the fire that had lit in his heart.   'forget me , move on' .   He raised the accelerator once again  when the words flashed in his mind again.  Today was the day  he was supposed to be the happiest man of all  but just because of her he had lost everything.  Lost all his hopes and dreams. 

Arohi  lay on her bed with  her face in her pillow. Her tears had made a wet patch on the pillow .  She just lay down there and cry her heart out.  She knew any amount of crying will not undo what she did,  breaking his heart and in turn shattering her own, knowing his temper so well she should not have done it.  He had given an ultimatum  either today or never and true to his words he had left.   Damn arohi you have nothing left  now  she thought.  As fresh tears seeped out of her eyes  arohi remembered the times when  it all had started. 

They both were in first year MBA class.  Soon during the class activities or projects and study she would interact with him often.  He lived with his aunt here. He was smart, looks and intello wise and had a bit of temper.  She got hints that he liked her but she acted nav even while she felt warmth in her cheeks everytime he looked at her.  One day he stopped her after class and said 'arohi I want to talk to you'  this time her heart skipped a beat.  'arohi, I like you ,  I have liked you since the day I saw you' 'arjun I don't...' 'you don't like me?' 'no not like that' ' so you do like me ?'  ' no no , I din say that' he had chuckled indicating he knew how she felt and said 'I am going to my place for two days,  can I expect an answer after two days?' he said and with a quick squeeze of her hand he had left.  What arrogance she had thought , he asks me a question and  cant even wait for the answer and gives her an ultimatum of two days.  But the two days had proved  an eye opener for her.  she had missed him so much now that she knew how she felt, but she could not  overlook her family's  interest also, her dad would never accept it.  Arjun had persuaded her and she had to finally accept that she loved him too.  The look arjun had in his eyes that day when she confessed , brought back fresh tears now in arohi's eyes. 

Arjun was still driving and suddenly  his bike stopped running out of petrol.  He kicked his bike and fell on the ground at the side of the road that appeared like a field.  He let the rain pour on him.  

He had to wait for 6 mths for her to finally say yes, and then everything had been like a dream.  After finishing college they had made sure to meet daily. And one day she had come with  swollen eyes and sad face that  wrenched his heart.   Her dad was adamant that she marries the boy he has chosen .   This is what she had feared initially that their love may not see a bright end.  But he knew they could go against all odds.

He tried convincing her dad but in vain.  Arohi decided that she will come away with him and that was the happiest moment for him so far.  After couple of weeks he was convinced that she was going to come with him and  had made all arrangements for them  to live later on.  When he called the day before,  he  did not like the sound of her voice,  she  appeared to have second thoughts and asked him to give her more time to think . think?   Really? what was there to think about it now.   He had to pressurize her again ,he thought just like before or else she wont  act soon, and told her that he will wait for her at their usual meeting place and if she doesnot come she will never see him again, that was his ultimatum.   He was confident this little threat will bring her out and they will soon be off to their little world,  but instead , a neighbour's little boy got him a note from her.  "forget me , move on" move on ?   what the hell,  is this why she kept him racing around her for more than  a year ? to tell him to move on.  His blood started to boil slowly, in a fit of anger he just drove.  When his aunt called to check where he was he just glanced at a mile stone and said 'on the road to mumbai' and switched off the phone. 

Lying there on the ground  drenching in the rain  arjun came out from his thoughts,  damn it arohi  how am I going to live from on ,   with this all the anger was suddenly replaced by defeat just like the pouring rain was replaced by a shower.   He got up and walked his bike towards the faraway lights.  

Arohi's  cries had now turned into hiccups.  He had left, he really thought she wouldnot come?    When arjun had come to convince her dad and her dad refused her will to go away with arjun had become stronger . When he had called the day before ,  she was stressed and said she wanted sometime to think.  His voice had become stern,  he told her  if she did not come  he will leave.  Yeah right  you will leave  she thot. That night had been the longest for her.   The next day she spent most of her time with her family,  you will forgive me when u come to know how much we love each other and how we are meant to be  she had thought.   When it was evening she saw the little boy playing outside and had a naughty thought, let us see how arjun will hold up and she wrote a note and sent it through the boy who knew where these two always met.    She had not taken anything from her house since it might rise doubts  and so decided to shop for some clothes before meeting arjun.   Then she got stuck in traffic and when she finally made it to their fav. Spot,  all she found was the bike tracks and the crushed note. Tears  slid down her face, she could not believe that he had left without waiting for her, she cried nonstop, when her mother called her to know where she was ,   She went home in trance  'he left, how could he,  he left forever?'were the only words going through her mind. She had just shut herself up in the room.  It was her own fault , she knew his temper and the hour she decided to play her pranks was not at all right, she tried calling him but his phone seemed to be switched off.

She came out  of her room when her mom  kept knocking.  Seeing her sullen face her family freaked out.  Just then she noticed the news flashing on the screen.   'Series of blasts in mumbai'  'again?  When will the world find its peace,  what have the innocent people done to deserve this her heart went out.  Her phone rang again that minute,  it was arjun's aunt,  'arohi I have been calling everyone , has arjun called you?'  'no aunty, he ..' 'yeah I know he was on his way to mumbai but then  he is not picking up his phone'  the phone had long fallen from arohi's hands when she heard he went to mumbai.  The  tv screen turned red to her eyes,  she almost swooned , 'leave me' she said  to her mom who tried to catch and make her sit , she turned to her dad  'I am sorry dad but I have to go , I have to go to my arjun' she said  in a dazed voice  and ran out.  She ran in the drizzle ignoring the on lookers,  not fearing the night, praying  constantly that arjun should be safe.

Arjun got his bike filled.  By then the rage in his heart was simmering after reminiscing her thoughts.   He thought of confronting her.  This time he will make her say it in front of her family,   she is sensitive and needs persuasion and it that is what it takes he will do it again.  And when he was about to start he saw small dots on the seat that arohi had put during one of their outings and remembered how she always put two dots when she wrote something funny or naughty.  The note had the same dots at the end.  It took a few seconds to sink in.   He  ran his hand  in his hair  and as the realization dawned  upon him  his lips curved into a smile.   Arohi , my arohi  oh god , how could he not see it.   Within minutes he was heading back in double the speed he had come.   His heart and head were as light as the air now,  a mile or so away from her house  on the road he saw someone swaying about to fall. 

She saw arjun walking towards her and that's all she remembered.    Arjun was shocked to see her there, he shook her face 'aro '.aru '  'arjun' she said feebly, 'you are allright?' she asked.  'what have you done to yourself aro' 'arjun that mumbai news' 'I know I heard the sad news but where were you running to' 'to you , who else, you left me and ur aunt said u went to mumbai' 'I am so so sorry, but ur prank got to me' he told her wiping her tears.   'gustakhi maaf ho' she said with an adorable face, he smiled tapping her head and hugged her tight.  She continued 'arjun what if I really did not come?' 'then I would persuade you again' 'well I like you doing that' 'I see, then I am ready to persuade you all my life' he held her to him and kissed her softly.  'what do we do now?' she asked 'now?  now we go to the future that is waiting for us' .  He started the bike and they drove off to their new morning that held new hopes and dreams.

this was the one I sent to tely tadkaa contest, did not win it though.  had to edit and make it 1500 , so was waiting to edit again before posting here.  waiting for your feedbacks.

Edited by kavyasam - 12 years ago

awesome os kavya di :):)

it was nice  to read.Edited by ...Sheher... - 12 years ago
res
Edited *

well well Kavys..it was a nice OS - went a lil fast but the emotional roller coaster was very well portrayed...i thoroughly enjoyed reading it..👏👏
Edited by AmnaIsh - 12 years ago
well written kavya - a good OS to read - thanks and keep writing more of themEdited by Arjuhisis - 12 years ago
Wonderful!
I felt arjun's rage and disappoinment, arohi's fear and more importantly their love:):)
hope you win:)
your talent needs recognition:)
Kavya di,its awsome.
Luv the emotion playng on their head. Superb. Edited by moonkmh - 12 years ago
Originally posted by AmnaIsh

res
Edited *

well well Kavys..it was a nice OS - went a lil fast but the emotional roller coaster was very well portrayed...i thoroughly enjoyed reading it..👏👏

thanks  Amna,   want to read urs too.   the word limit made me hurry up the story and today before posting I  added  some  sentences 😆.

accha mere VMs dekhliya ?
Edited by kavyasam - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Arjuhisis

well written kavya - a good OS to read - thanks and keep writing more of them

thanks for liking it. :)
Originally posted by vrshn

Wonderful!
I felt arjun's rage and disappoinment, arohi's fear and more importantly their love:):)
hope you win:)
your talent needs recognition:)

thanks  varshini 😳.   Sur's OS once upon a time  has won the contest already.
Originally posted by moonkmh

Kavya di,its awsome.
Luv the emotion playng on their head. Superb.

thank you 😳, that concept was going on in my mind for a while so used it in OS.