Astitva Ek Prem Kahani

Astha's Indifference towards Abhi!!!

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago

Hi All

Yesterday we noticed that Astha and Simran were talking about Yash, Kiran and Abhi. Astha mentioned that Abhi had the same stand about Sid even now. This made Simran sad. Just then, Abhi came in. He went near Simran, told her that he was getting restless at home, as this was the D-day for her, when she will be able to see again. He looked so very happy. He also said that how could he sit at home, when he had to be here? But Simran and Astha did not react. Soon after this, the docs came, told Simran that her bandage was going to be removed. They then asked her, who do you want to see? Simran said, my daughter Astha, (who is here near me), papa AND Shaguna. How bad of Simran to have neglected Abhi!!!

Above all this, i was very surprised with Astha's indifference to Abhi here. I agree that Abhi has his own stand when it comes to Sid's case. But, why is it that Astha is behaving like a stranger to her own father? When Simran did not name Abhi, Astha gave Abhi a stare. She then did not even go to her father, to console him. She did not even stop him when he was leaving the room.

What kind of a daughter is she? Does the entire world stop for her on Sid only? Is it not a fact that even after all this, Abhi still remains to be her father? OK, if Abhi thinks different about Sid, but does it mean Astha should be indifferent to Abhi, for everything? Where has that affection towards her father vanished? Do you think she is behaving like a responsible daughter?

Do you al think it is fair on her part to ignore her father, just in the way that Simran is doing? Is she not mature enough to tell Simran that what she is doing is wrong? Should she also blindly follow her mom's footsteps in ignoring her own dad, just bcos he does not support Sid? Do they not have a relationship with Abhi, regardless of what all think about Sid and his case? Is it fair that relationships are taking a back seat now, for the sake of an issue over Sid?

Please comment friends.........

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rajnig thumbnail
ya sree.. i totaly agree wid u... even i feel the same abt aastha.. hw can she do this wid her father..
Kruts thumbnail
I agree with your analysis...here is my two cents worth of addition. If Aastha has been shown to follow in Simran's footsteps, shouldnt her own father be her priority over everything else? Of course she is mad at Abhi for not supporting her a 100% but as we all know, a good parent is not necessarily easy to live with!! Instead of focussing ont he fact that Abhi ultimately had noble intentions, Aastha is doubting his motives in what he said about Sid, which is entirely ridiculous.

On the other hand, Aastha is shown to be a very "cold" and "unemotional" person...i mean when she was going to kill herself (on finding out that Abhi was her father) it was not because she felt bad about the people she had hurt - just ashamed of falling in love so aggresively with her own father! Similarly, after her mother (the lady from London) died, she probably shed 2 tears before getting all cozy with Simran and Abhi - and listening to their whole love story, etc. After her nani left to go to London, she has never bothered to even mention her!!
After the death of gudiya-Aastha, she assumed the name (after screaming like a banshee) and has forgotten that she had a sister who was also extremely close to Sid - but she is never mentioned! Even as far as Nanu goes, she is very un-attached. All these characteristics make me wonder if this is a flaw in the story or a flaw in aastha's acting capabilities. Both, Simran and Sia/Aastha, start pouring tears out of their eyes like a running tap, and make really ugly faces when they do that - but there seems to be a lack of sensitivity that one would expect from matured, adult, educated, well-raised human beings!!!

PHEW...i meant to write two lines...and here i go...stil writing...
sree thumbnail

Originally posted by: krutilynn

I agree with your analysis...here is my two cents worth of addition. If Aastha has been shown to follow in Simran's footsteps, shouldnt her own father be her priority over everything else? Of course she is mad at Abhi for not supporting her a 100% but as we all know, a good parent is not necessarily easy to live with!! Instead of focussing ont he fact that Abhi ultimately had noble intentions, Aastha is doubting his motives in what he said about Sid, which is entirely ridiculous.

On the other hand, Aastha is shown to be a very "cold" and "unemotional" person...i mean when she was going to kill herself (on finding out that Abhi was her father) it was not because she felt bad about the people she had hurt - just ashamed of falling in love so aggresively with her own father! Similarly, after her mother (the lady from London) died, she probably shed 2 tears before getting all cozy with Simran and Abhi - and listening to their whole love story, etc. After her nani left to go to London, she has never bothered to even mention her!!
After the death of gudiya-Aastha, she assumed the name (after screaming like a banshee) and has forgotten that she had a sister who was also extremely close to Sid - but she is never mentioned! Even as far as Nanu goes, she is very un-attached. All these characteristics make me wonder if this is a flaw in the story or a flaw in aastha's acting capabilities. Both, Simran and Sia/Aastha, start pouring tears out of their eyes like a running tap, and make really ugly faces when they do that - but there seems to be a lack of sensitivity that one would expect from matured, adult, educated, well-raised human beings!!!

PHEW...i meant to write two lines...and here i go...stil writing...

Kruti, very well said yaar!!! Astha was shown to be so very close to her father. There was a scene shown, when she comes from college, goes to her father, hugs him. both father and daughter are expressing affection towards each other, when Yash feels awkward, bursts out before all. Now, when this same Astha can shower so much love on her father, i do not believe that she is insensitive, she has a kanck in which she expresses her love to close ones...

But now, just bcos of this Sid's case, she has developed a sort of aversion for her own father, which is not good. A mature and well-behaved daughter will never behave like this with her own father. Atleast, i am 101% sure that i will not react like this... This is what surprises me. How can Astha get so very stone-hearted to her own father, who she knows, loves her so much?

I should not be comparing here, but the real Astha, was 100 times better than this one. She openly poured all that she had in mind about a person. She was frank enough to talk out things, unlike this Astha.

I can imagine how a father and husband will feel when he is left all alone, for no mistake of his? Abhi's state now is really pathetic... Actually, i saw somewhere that Aksh mentioned that he was being shown as a loser. But, i dont agree here. It is Simran and Astha who are behaving like Losers, and not Abhi... Attitude makes a person go crazy!!! This is a perfect example for this statement....

dreamzkp thumbnail
I definitely agree with whatever you said, Sree. Infact I was thinking about the same thing last night and was discussing with my husband. I feel so bad for Abhi. I'm kind of a person who just cannot take ignorance by people around especially dear ones. It's very very wrong on Aastha's part to behave like this. Simran is no less here. What happened to her maturity? What happened to her love for Abhi?

It's a human reaction to at least respond to people those are talking to you. You need not hide your emotions and show love immediately but it's a conscience to acknowledge people who care for you.

I understand that Aastha is upset with Abhi but just because of one misunderstanding, she cannot let down her own father.

Forget Aastha, I was surprised by the way Simran reacted with stone face and no reactions at all. That was ridiculous!!!
sree thumbnail

Originally posted by: dreamzkp

I definitely agree with whatever you said, Sree. Infact I was thinking about the same thing last night and was discussing with my husband. I feel so bad for Abhi. I'm kind of a person who just cannot take ignorance by people around especially dear ones. It's very very wrong on Aastha's part to behave like this. Simran is no less here. What happened to her maturity? What happened to her love for Abhi?

It's a human reaction to at least respond to people those are talking to you. You need not hide your emotions and show love immediately but it's a conscience to acknowledge people who care for you.

I understand that Aastha is upset with Abhi but just because of one misunderstanding, she cannot let down her own father.

Forget Aastha, I was surprised by the way Simran reacted with stone face and no reactions at all. That was ridiculous!!!

I give a benefit of doubt to Simran here, just bcos she cannot see Abhi's frustrations and anxiety. But Astha, she has both her eyes wide open, she can very well see Abhi's love and anxiety for Simran as he comes into the room. She can very well see that Abhi got pale when Simran did not mention his name. So what kind of a daughter is she, when she realises that her father is hurt, but she will not go to him and talk two soothing and comforting words, just bcos Abhi has a different stand about Sid? This is so ridiculous...

Edited by sree_20 - 18 years ago
dreamzkp thumbnail
Originally posted by: sree_20

I give a benefit of doubt to Simran here, just bcos she cannot see Abhi's frustrations and anxiety. But Astha, she has both her eyes wide open, she can very well see Abhi's love and anxiety for Simran as he comes into the room. She can very well see that Abhi got pale when Simran did not mention his name. So what kind of a daughter is she, when she realises that her father is hurt, but she will not go to him and talk two soothing and comforting words, just bcos Abhi has a different stand about Sid? This is so ridiculous...

Agree that Simran couldn't see, but why didn't she mention Abhi's name when the doc asked her whom she wanna see first? After all, it was a happy occassion, she might be angry or upset with Abhi, but that wasnt a time to remember all those right?

Sia was also there. But she mentioned her name explicitly, then why not Abhi? Abhi had every reason to be upset while I couldn't justify Simran and Aastha's behaviour.

xyzee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sree_20

Well said Sree.. Aastha is behaving strangely but hey, she IS strange!! It is human that she still care for her dad - the one whom she had doted upon till now.. However I do think she is upset for one more reason, that ABHI turned his back on Sia/Aastha once again and left the house because he was hurt by Simran and her dad.. Agreed Mr. Mathur was abrasive but his leaving the house the way he did without so mcuh as comforting Aastha when she needed a father's support the most was probably what bugged Aastha..That does not mean that she needs to be so extreme in her behaviour but again this is Ms Weird we are talking about here..

innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
great analysis by all here ! 👏

I am inclined to think that sia not akcnowledging abhi is a shortcoming of the astitva makers... the girl has until now come across as sensible and mature....

she also should have been more protective of abhi when simran didn't mention abhi...

i have seen these things happen in real life...where the mother and daughter "gang" up on the father..it is indeed a very sad sight 😭 ...primarily, it has been the mothers fault...and as sree said can imagine how a father and husband will feel when he is left all alone, for no mistake of his? ..i have also seen that when these things happen in real life, primarily it the father is NOT at fault...again, these things have to be looked at as indivudual cases, bubt here, it was a big shame that this happened...
capricorngirl thumbnail
Atleast for once I feel they've shown Astha/Sia as a real person. Till now, she was so goodie goodie that it was hard to identify with her character but with these "changes" depicted in her character, she appears "real" for once. I know many daughters who are like Sia and so can identify with her now.
I completely agree that Astha's behavior towards her father is not right but sometimes one is so much "obsessed" with someone (in this case Sid)that anything said against him will make one deaf and blind to their own family.