Bade Acche Laggte Hai

Single Mother Vs Abusive Husband?

imdudehead thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
In the show, what bothered me was when Niharika* and Ishika* told Nuts to marry Kartik because she was pregnant,, and although in the show we know that he's okay, 
I was wondering..
Whats Worse being a single mother or having an abusive husband?

is the show saying that even if your husband beats you daily staying with him is better than listening to a few people mock you for having a kid without a husband?

What do you guys think?

also, i think Niharika is less concerned with Nuts pregnancy and just wanted Nuts to marry Kartik so Priya marries Ram?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
 Single mom status is better than living in a abusive relationship...The stigma attached to the single Mom is disappearing...It's better to raise your kid in a peaceful environment  than in a abusive relationship where both child and mother become emotional cripples.

In this case Nuts is at fault.If she raises her kid alone that might knock some sense in her head.
deejayaqueel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Good question πŸ‘πŸ‘...

My opinion only...

I think a single mother is preferable to an abusive husband... (mind you i am not calling KArthik abusive, only asnswering your question with my view at a general level)

Why consign yourself to a miserable existence just for the sake of 'log kya kahenge'...

Of course, it depends on whether or not you really want to raise a kid...

In Nuts' case, i think she is too immature to handle herself let alone a kid... i think abortion is the best bet or someone else raising the kid... i shudder to think the plight of that kid...

I think Niharika just wants to marry her off for the sake of her izzat not coz of forcing Ram & Priya... that she can do in other ways too...

My POV, no offence meant
Bolly*_Crazed thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Nice topic.

I agree with the fact that living as a single mother, is a WAY better scenario than being in an abusive relationship. But then again not everybody thinks like I do. Other old fashioned women living in India may have different thoughts. You would expect Niharaka to share similiar thoughts as you, and me because she is so 'high class' or w.e, but to me it seems the least of her concerns is her crazy daughters well being, sadly.

PS. I love your sig/avi ! AK are sooo cute ! 😳
naraine thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Yes, a child should never be in an abusive relationship. But, let's place the facts--Kartik is a victim of abuse first--NOT NUTS.  Emotional and Verbal abuse is far worse than physical abuse, just because you can't see the damage on the person doesn't mean the abuse and damage hasn't occurred.  I'm not defending Kartik's slap, but let's suppose if Kartik was being verbally abusive and Nuts slapped him--people would say "Way to go girl".  Let's not forget Natasha's abusive behaviours--taking drugs (which she was shown sniffing at the rave), ridiculing staff, telling Kartik that her shoe will marry him")--this is far more scarring that a slap and if a guy said this to a girl--I can tell you no one would accept it.  So, why do people all around the world have double standards when it comes to abuse against men??????

In this case, Nuts is not fit to be a mother and quite frankly if the child is Kartik's, he should be allowed to raise the child in a psychologically, normal environment.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Now how did we get to conclusion of "Abusive Husband"?????

That is not the case here in BALH..Actually we have abusive psycho fiance~ and a very good future husband.  Karthik needs to stay away from psychos as he alreadly lost his cewl once.

Anyways the situation OP described being single mom and raising a child w/o abusive husband is always better.  But Mom has to be strong and capable.
Edited by Dabulls23 - 12 years ago
changumangu123 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: deejayaqueel

Good question πŸ‘πŸ‘...

My opinion only...

I think a single mother is preferable to an abusive husband... (mind you i am not calling KArthik abusive, only asnswering your question with my view at a general level)

Why consign yourself to a miserable existence just for the sake of 'log kya kahenge'...

Of course, it depends on whether or not you really want to raise a kid...

In Nuts' case, i think she is too immature to handle herself let alone a kid... i think abortion is the best bet or someone else raising the kid... i shudder to think the plight of that kid...

I think Niharika just wants to marry her off for the sake of her izzat not coz of forcing Ram & Priya... that she can do in other ways too...

My POV, no offence meant

Wow in your POV, the best option is to kill the child  "... i think abortion is the best bet ..." Please think twice what abortion really is before you recommend it to anyone.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
If Natasha can sleep with a man and have sex than she is old enough to give birth and raise that baby.

Why Niharika did not put stop to her loose behavior when she saw the first sign of it? Nathasha has had 50 some BFs.  Who knows whose baby this is? Bet not Karthiks.

Niharika is marrying off Natz to karthik due to her own izzat not for Natasha's benifit.  She yet has not taught anything to Natasha but how to manipulate men into something w/o his knowledge.  Karthik might not even know she is prego.

This is how these manipulative scheaming women think.  Here I am speaking of Mother-daughter combo.

Fruit did not fall too far from the tree.

BTW on Abortion issue it is only justified in few cases.   Major medical issue, Rape, ETC

Abortion is not the solution to sleeping around IMHO 😳
Edited by Dabulls23 - 12 years ago
Luvser thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Dabulls23

That is not the case here in BALH..Actually we have abusive psycho fiance~ and a very good future husband.  Karthik needs to stay away from psychos as he alreadly lost his cewl once.

Anyways the situation OP described being single mom and raising a child w/o abusive husband is always better.  But Mom has to be strong and capable.

Thanks for the post. @ Underlined: Spot -onπŸ‘.
imdudehead thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Dabulls23

yes, its not the case in BALH, but what I meant was Niharikia* did not know this, and nor do other family members, so he could have been an abusive husband as far as they were concerned, and the marriage was called off, but brought back because of her pregnancy, so as far as others are concerned he could've been an abusive person, although viewers know that Nuts was also at fault. I just meant in a general case in the show they didnt really seem to care if he wasnt abusive or was, for them Nuts was pregnant and therefore had to marry Kartik, who her marriage had been broken with due to physical abuse.