Taali ek haath se nahi bajti, par thapad...?

psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
*facepalm* Seriously, major *facepalm*. The day I actually agree with Switty & Shakuni maama OVER Ram...I never thought this day would come.

All said and done, I do NOT condone domestic violence and/or slapping women/men. But Switty & Shakuni were - in their blind evilness - ABSOLUTELY right that "taali ek haat se nahin bajjti" and that it could, quite possibly, be Nutzilla's fault as well. 

Ram's anger is justified, on the surface. Of course it is. No man - father, brother, son - would ever tolerate a man hitting a woman. Agreed. But come on, at least give the man a CHANCE to explain himself. Once chance, that's all. Just hear him out before beating him with bricks. 

As for the others - Sudhir uncle - the less said the better. Aaj Spineless Sudhir speaks up?! Waah, ab jaaga pita ๐Ÿ‘ 

And this "ek ladki, ek ladki" nonsense. Yes, you should not hit women. But we demanded equality - we FOUGHT for it. So a woman should also not treat a man with the utmost insult and humiliation, right? What Nuts has done is no less than Karthik's slap. Don't get me wrong - as I say, I don't condone violence in any form. But I also don't limit it to just women. That's not equality - that's still discrimination. If Nuts had slapped Karthik, they would have said "he must have deserved it". 

Aside from Priya's screeching, I did agree with her points, mostly. That what Nuts does is her responsibility, her life. She is not answerable to Priya or the Sharmas. If Ram doesn't demand or command any respect from her, if he can't teach her the difference between right and wrong, that is his problem, and hers - it is not Karthik or Priya's problem. Just step away, instead of getting embroiled in someone else's mistakes.  We, as people, are only responsible for OUR actions, and our reactions to others. Itna I liked about her speech. Otherwise the whole episode left a bad taste in my mouth. 

Vikram, as always, is turning out to be a font of knowledge and calmness. Yesterday, when Vikram was torn between the CEO job and his best friend, I rolled my eyes and thought "job, of course. Ram is a 40-year old man, he doesn't need Vikram to hold his hand in everything". But after today, I feel that if Vikram wasn't around, Ram would be totally and utterly lost. He is, without a doubt, the most incapable grown man I have ever seen. I don't understand how this man takes ANY decision, let alone multi-billion dollar business decisions.  Emotion is always at the forefront of this guy's mind - he takes decisions in anger, love, tears. He jumps up and down with such exertion when things don't go his way. He is not a stable man. No wonder he is so easily manipulated by people. 

Yes, Karthik was wrong. A person is judged by their own actions, not the actions of others. And especially when his actions cause a ripple effect on those he loves, like Karthik's actions will do towards Priya. 

The thing about Nutzilla is that we already know she is a lost cause. She is selfish and self-absorbed and we don't expect anything more from her. From Karthik, we expect something. From Ram & Priya we expect something. So when they fall, we are disappointed. 

I don't think that the Nuts-Karthik wedding should go through, ever. And I am increasingly feeling like both Ram & Priya need to grow up a little bit more before they go off into married life. But hey, at least both Ram & Priya got to behave rudely, angrily, and out of character. Now they're even. Again. 
Edited by psawyer - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
 Thought provoking post Vasu!!!!!๐Ÿ‘ Your thoughts give us a lot of meat to chew on!.

Agree with you over the apt title u chose  that u don't hear the sound by clapping one hand. It takes two to tango... Sinister mamma and  doll Mom were right for once.

Yes ,Ram is justified in his anger over someone raising his hand on  his kiddo sister...who he raised like his daughter.  ...then as a successful tycoon he was supposed to act rationally and with a cool head...He never thought of the  consequences or even  that he was washing dirty linen in public ๐Ÿ˜ณReasoning flies out of the window during angry moments ... That's why u are not supposed to react when u are angry... ... often when  u wait it out  till u  have cooled down  makes one realise that problem can be handled differently or viewed from a different angle...   Sanity creeps in when u think with a cool head  and then the  mountains   looks  like mole hills...  The enormity of the situation blows over   given time ...Ram's actions showed that he took the plunge before thinking abt the consequences.. Well we too give in to these red moments and what bloopers we commit.

I too agree with you over women's rights but that doesn't mean u can treat men like dirt...You have to fight fair in a war...Nuts was gloating when everyone was bashing Kartik up. ...She never said a word abt  her part in it. Really happy this  engagement is called off๐Ÿ˜ƒ...poor Kartik will be a basket case if he marries her...

Yesterday  I  was feeling low thinking of  Vikram moving away in search of greener pastures...๐Ÿ˜ก...The only true friend and sane voice in Ram's life going away and the rest of the jingbang left to entertain us... Hope the scenario never takes place.

Just waiting what tomorrow has in store for us...Well a great load is off our shoulder  b'coz we know  for sure  that RAYA  is  getting married. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
divan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Nice post Vasu.

It was funny Sakunimama getting so worked up and coming up with "talli ek haath..." and telling stepmommy that Ram could cause hungama in his anger.

And of course Ram...Hai Ram is all I want to say after seeing him acting like an idiotic kid in front of Priya.  I have been saying since the first slap that Karthik should not be shown slapping Nuttyben even though she is the instigator of it but for Ram to say...this is not what I expected from you...if made me want to throw up...I mean where is the equality...if Kartik should respect his choti then what about his choti respecting Kartik and his sister?  But then today's episode was typical dramabaazi of what to expect in most soaps.

I get mad that after all this awful accusations etc...the writer will bring the couples back together as if nothing happened before.  To use Sudhir's credit, what he said is true, that the actions and words leave a deep wound inside of a person...so today's epi should leave deep scars in Kartik and Priya that both of them would never want to see Nuttyben or Ram Kapoor. Ditto!

ps How come Neha was still sober after downing all that booze in the coke bottle?๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by divan - 12 years ago
maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Vasu well said.

True what Nuts does with her life is her problem and the way she beaved reflected on what kind of upbringing she has,but  the same cannot be said about Kartik. The way Priya screamed and drove in these points was really  great. I could easily empathise with her and Sakshi scored well here as an actor.

Ram was like "hey Ram-Bagwan" whats wrong with you. Open your ears and eyes and see what kind of monster you are trying to nourish. He needs a thappad to bring him to his senses.

The cool and collected  Vikram tried his best to reason with Ram  but failed miserably.Probably if he had dropped the bombshell of his job offer, Ram would have realised his mistake and thought out things and analysed them in a calm manner.

For once yes, this sakuni mama and Niharika were genuinely disappointed and said the right things at the right place.
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Agree agree agree!! 

Ram and Priya, grow up please.. 
the room scene, though intended to be a contrast between their personalities, looked to me like two adolescents interacting! Need some maturity back in the show. 

Nutzilla, I cannot take her anymore.. and neither can I take Ken-boy Karthik! :\
Mahi623 thumbnail
Vas, big surprise...love your sig and avi...

This episode left me with mixed feelings. When Karthik slapped Nuts for the first time, I wanted there to be repercussions. I wanted it acknowledged that it is NOT right to slap anyone. But I still felt uncomfortable with the way it went down. I don't like how Nuts was portrayed as an innocent little victim. And her victimhood had everything to do with her gender.

Although I like the fact that Sudhir spoke up, I hated that he felt it was wrong because Nuts was RK's sister, and imagine how Karthik would feel if someone hit Priya. This is absurd because both Nuts and Priya have been portrayed as women with agency. Neither one of them needs a brother to fight their battles for them. In fact, isn't one of the running themes in the show that Priya finds it frustrating that Karthik sees her as a responsibility, despite the fact that she is the one who is truly running the house -  something acknowledged by the family a few days back. As for Nuts, yes she's often rescued by Ram, but she doesn't really need his help in doing whatever it is she wants, he just cleans up after her.

I am still not siding with Karthik on this one because I still feel he should not have slapped Nuts either time, but I hate the fact that Nuts was portrayed as a little victim just because she was a girl.

Also, I don't think Ram is acting out of character. I think one of his major flaws is spoiling Nuts beyond reason. In fact, he even says something along the lines of he wouldn't even let Niharika scold her when Nuts was a kid. This actually adds  to the Niharika-Ram-Nuts dynamic that we have seen so far, and explains why Niharika is so eager to marry Nuts off to someone like Karthik, who she feels might be able to control Nuts's craziness a little bit, and why she is more hesistant in parenting Nuts.

Continuity question: Now that they have established that slaps are a BAD THING on the show, will they be able to stick with this reasoning? It is a soap opera, after all, and people get slapped on TV all the time.