Hum tum, ek kamre mein band ho...aur? 7 July

psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
So, Sakuni maama part 2 tried chal-ing his chaal on Ayesha, but thankfully it backfired. I was worried for a point that the seeds of doubt would be planted in her head and EK would ruin her. But Ayesha showed a lot of maturity and promise. I hope, as ever, that she remains the same as the show goes on. 

I sound like a broken record every day, but I don't have any other words with which to say this - Ram and Priya are AWESOME πŸ˜† I really enjoyed all their scenes today - especially the ones in Ram's bedroom, which I have hereafter dubbed the 'AURAT in my BEDROOM' scene, courtesy of Ram the actor πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ I liked the way that Ram got so hyper at seeing Priya 'admire' his room - his expressions when she said the room was too dark πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£, like "how DARE she criticise MY room?!" πŸ€£πŸ€£ Chalo, at least they will always have Shakespeare...oh wait, no, that's only there because the designer put it there πŸ€£πŸ€£ Waise, I didn't think that a book lover like Priya would ever put a book back the wrong way, spine inside (I certainly wouldn't dream of it), but perhaps she only did it so we could get the hilarious "ulti hai...ulti hai" jaap from Ram as he raced to fix it πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ 

I am really loving Vikram (and Neha!) nowadays! The perfect friends to RP, the foil to show how marriage should be. I loved Vikram's "passport photo" crack, and comparing Ram to a haathi πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ and Neha pushing them together...since she's come back, Neha has mellowed, thank God. I loved her explanation that marriage was not about sharing a room or wardrobe space, but sharing lives. 

I have only one question about the Nuts-Karthik scene: "What the hell is a 'kulfi party'"?!! πŸ€”

So, this week was good. And now I am worried about next week because as per the pattern, this means we will get something bad πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ. I hope not. I hope that the new writer (apparently from LTL?) will keep things fresh and decent. 

For all those of you who "won" a sig from me the other dayπŸ˜†, and for those who care πŸ˜†, here is a sig for you all:

^Inspired by the one and only Shikha. 

Have a good weekend, all! See you Monday, bright and early! πŸ€—

P.S. I will upload all the theme tunes I promised tomorrow, as (finally!) I have a day off πŸ˜³

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mahi623 thumbnail
I love the title, Vasu, as usual very fitting.

I would have still have happy with this show if Ram, Priya, Vikram and Neha were the only characters. I love Ayesha for not being evil and everything, but her dialogues are quite ordinary and lack the zinginess that is found in Ram, Priya, Vikram and now, Neha's dialogue. And it helps that all four actors are very very good at what they do. They have this snarky back and forth comments that distinguishes good writing from good plotting(not that BALH will win any awards in that department).

Love love love how Vikram has to physically restrain Ram when Priya goes about "messing his room. Loved Vikram's innocent: guys make more changes comment and Neha's sarcastic comeback.  Loved Priya's controlling herself and trying to compromise- a fallback on the time she counts to a hundred.

I loved the awkward phone proposal and ring exchange in the past episodes for their sweet awkwardness, but this scene was just plain good old FUN!

Little Things:

Did anyone else pause the screen to read the other titles on the bookshelf? I think there was this huge book with Shakespeare written on it, which just has to be the Complete Works..

Vas, I agree Priya, or any book lover, would never place a book like that.. Especially what appeared to be a hard cover edition. They should just have made her place it upside down

Also, it would be great for continuity if Karthik's little kulfi party is actually depicted in the next episode, as much as I hate Nuts-Karthik drama

psawyer thumbnail
@Mahi - Ayesha doesn't have the sparkling repartee of the others, its true. But EK is no Joss Whedon :-P 

But yes, jokes apart, I get your point. Ayesha is still fairly flat a character, whereas with all their quirks and over-the-topness Neha and Vikram at least have personalities. But to be honest at the moment I am content to have Ayesha as Priya's silent support. Later, we can hopefully see some development to her character. 

I know - I loved the way Vikram held Ram back, and actually admired him for it too πŸ˜† for the fact that he managed to succeed, anyway πŸ˜† I wonder exactly what Ram would have done if he had managed to get to Priya? πŸ˜†

LOL, I watched it on TV so couldn't pause it, but trust you! πŸ˜† I'm going to give that a shot. I too want to see what other books Ram hasn't read πŸ€£

This kulfi party business is really bugging me now - don't think I can sleep without knowing exactly what  this thing is πŸ€” ...is the kulfi for eating or throwing at each other? How many flavours are there? Is it a kulfi-filled balloon fight? Can I drown Nuts in a vat of it?? I must know. Somebody please explain so I can go to sleep! πŸ˜†
Nish10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wow nice title... Being thursday i was wondering how the episode would be but i was glad it was much better than last thursday.. Simply loved Ram and Priya.. The engagement part was continued from yesterday so got to see Ram's expressions againπŸ˜† (when priya was slipping the ring).. Shipra simply comes and sits in between Ram and Priya and guess what??? instead of clicking her first picture with her daughter she clicks with Ram.. i am sure Vikram and Neha will play an important role in getting these two close to each other.. The pushing each other to come close moment reminded me of the trip and fall scene at priya's place.. tab bhi photo khichee thi ab bhi khichee..πŸ˜‰

Hell broke loose for Ram when Neha took Priya to her future bedroom.. I so knew it that Ram is very possessive about his belongings especially his privacy.. i wonder what made his so anxious to follow them to his room.. May be he did not want priya to see the tablet bottles at his bed sideπŸ˜†.. Kya rakhna hai aur kya baahar phekna hai.. The scenes in the room were so good that i wished it had continued for some more time.. Ram calling Vikram baby..i can imagine them having dummies in their mouthπŸ˜†.. Ram reacting to the book not kept in the right order and then putting it correctly was hilarious.. in fact his hands were itching to do it.. If i were priya and no one else was in the room i would go and change the order again just to annoy him.πŸ˜†
About the rest of the cast.. i was glad aisha did not get carried away by mamaji's talks but i still feel she could turn into a negative character.. waise bhi nuts ka influence toh hoga hi..Shipra with the wine glass and all looked so desperate to get into the page 3 celebrity list.. I dont know what was so great in that party where nuts went.. the crowd over there were ajeeb like her.. rest were all ok.. Looking forward to monday's episode.. i wish they explore other rooms too eg Ram's studyπŸ˜†
Mru_bee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: psawyer

This kulfi party business is really bugging me now - don't think I can sleep without knowing exactly what  this thing is πŸ€” ...is the kulfi for eating or throwing at each other? How many flavours are there? Is it a kulfi-filled balloon fight? Can I drown Nuts in a vat of it?? I must know. Somebody please explain so I can go to sleep! πŸ˜†

I haven't seen the episode, but a little birdie friend gave me live update saying she wont reveal any suspense, but I would love it :)

So.. Vasu, did they say *kulfi* or *khufiyaa* party??? Maybe Nuts is an undercover spy, and her over bearing, highly irritating personality is just a cover? and err .. she is hot on the trail on karthik, whom she suspects to be a *kulfi King* πŸ˜† ... I made no sense na.. sighhh.. blame it on late afternoon low sugar condition... hahaha

-- Mru
psawyer thumbnail
"Kulfi King" πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£*dies laughing*🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Mru, that is SO what I am calling Karthik from now on πŸ€£πŸ€£ Kulfi King and Kiss Queen πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£
psawyer thumbnail
LMAO - look at Ram's expressions in these pics:

^last one...both look like they've been given the death sentence πŸ˜†
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Nuts irritates the hell outta me..in another show I wouldnt have minded but I guess I am a bit too addicted watching Priya and Ram that I get annoyed seeing someone else onscreen.. haha
no but really... I dislike the entire Nuts-Karthik track...their entire relationship seems disasterous from day1...and weird that a mature/smart guy like karthik is with her..

ahaha.. I loved the 'ulti hai ulti hai' expression on Ram..it was to die for..he's such a cutie patootie..and I hate making fun of ppl's weight and all but gotta give it to the writers for nciely adding the weight jokes in there ahahah.. 'haanthi ke daath hain..khane wale alag aur dikhane wale alag' hehe
yes and I agree..i am mad about books and I get irritated if theres a slight bend/tear in the spine and putting it back backwards seems odd to me considering shes a double MA in lit or something..
i mean really now...but w/e

I feel w/ the storyline..we're headed into a Dhadkan type trakc.. MIL will try to get the best of DIL and Ram will not support her until Devarji tries to fix a move on Bahuji and Ram supports her... who knows..but the entire family is like that and I feel its heading towards that..honestly i wouldn't mind..i lovedd that movie to bits!
maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Vasu the episode was great one and this week seems to have ended on a high note. Hoping the euphoria of this weeks continues in the coming one too.

Ram and Priya are AWESOME πŸ˜† I really enjoyed all their scenes today - especially the ones in Ram's bedroom, which I have hereafter dubbed the 'AURAT in my BEDROOM' scene, courtesy of Ram the actor πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ I liked the way that Ram got so hyper at seeing Priya 'admire' his room - his expressions when she said the room was too dark πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£, like "how DARE she criticise MY room?!" πŸ€£πŸ€£ Chalo, at least they will always have Shakespeare...oh wait, no, that's only there because the designer put it there πŸ€£πŸ€£ Waise, I didn't think that a book lover like Priya would ever put a book back the wrong way, spine inside (I certainly wouldn't dream of it), but perhaps she only did it so we could get the hilarious "ulti hai...ulti hai" jaap from Ram as he raced to fix it πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ 

@ Bold. Yes it RP were awesome. The way Ram's proprietorship of   his room and nervousness and disliking of someone else seeing it was all clearly and superbly portrayed by Ram, the actor.
How much Priya is going to stamp her personality in that room and bring about those changes is going to be an interesting episode by itself.
The fastidious nature of Ram seems to be his USP and hope Priya is a perfect folly to it.

I really rolled on the floor when vikram compared him to haathi (which I was doing from the beginning)🀣🀣🀣
This paves way for Priya to sweetly and cheekily call him Dinosur (which she had already done before) and in that process make him  tread( am very sure Ram will neither walk nor run) on the   treadmill to shed a few kilos.

The "kulfi party" seems to be some kind of a rave party and we can only wait till Mon to see it unfold. BTW Nuts seems to really deserve another slap from Kartik. Shes now taken the cake of   becoming the most irritating character in the show. Nuts.

The Mama😑 . Really what kind of twisted mind is his? tries to instigate Ayesha. I wont be surprised if he  poisons Nuts mind and succeds in her keeping Kartik under house arrest   .

Vikram and Neha really genuinely happy about this marriage and it shows on their face and actions.

Now am very much intrigued whats going to happen in that room post marriageπŸ˜‰πŸ˜›πŸ˜³...Nooo nooo dont get me wrong. Am more interested in those knok joks and the changes thats bound to happen(to that room ofcourse) in the coming weeks.πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by maris08 - 12 years ago
ssroomani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Absolutely loved the episode yesterday πŸ˜† except for the Nuts-Kuts scene!  I don't get that girl...what she means to do say or do!  She is really nutty!  Time for another slap, I feel! πŸ˜•

The photo session and the room scene were just hilarious!  The expressions on Ram and Priya's faces are just priceless!   Ram-Priya and Vikram-Neha make a good foursome...I hope to see more scenes in which Vikram "educates" Ram on married life!  πŸ€£

Shipra trying to wriggle into "page 3" was funny too...πŸ˜ƒ...and though Ayesha did not fall for maama's speech, I have a feeling this is again foundation for turning her negative later if required!  πŸ€”

All in all a very nice episode...I am waiting for the marriage and the post-marriage scenes between Priya and Ram!   Ram's facial expressions were the highlight for me...he is such a natural and excellent actor!  πŸ˜›

If Vikram is "baby" after marriage, Ram would probably be "glaxo baby"!!! πŸ€£  πŸ€£

Good post, Vasu! πŸ˜Š