Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-GoldMist- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
awesome OS again. Update the next soon...
LubzA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Aaaw, yaay πŸ˜† Glad I did! πŸ€—

Aaw, yeah I remembering you mentioning your hostel days, when you were talking about writing this series of OS's. To be honest, I don't think it matters how old you are if you're in that position, the point being is; you're miles away from home, you're in a weird new place and you just miss everything and everyone and so you've written that so well in your OS's. <3

Coming to the OS: Bechaara Onu, he just wanted to help them both but ended up making it worse. It's an innocent mistake though, he wanted to help his friends and give them a nudge in the right direction. It wasn't his fault that Jeremy exploded instead of telling Mrinalini the truth!

*Shakes head* Trust Nupur to think about changing his cologne instead of the fact that Onu has his arm around her! πŸ€” πŸ˜†

"She looks like a technicoloured ghost."  Vah, Onu! Vah! 🀣

Vaise, as weird as this sounds, I'm beginning to understand Nupur as a human being!... I mean yeah, she had faults that she abandoned Onu at their engagement and then she came back to claim him, but if you see if from a not-hating-Nupur-because-she-came-between-TaAnu point of view, you can kind of sympathise with her because at the end of the day, like Taani, she loved Onu but her love wasn't deeper than Taani's, because unlike Taani, she wasn't willing to sacrifice anything for him and that's what I think love's all about... Khair, I may be analysing too much! But I blame you for me sympathising with her! πŸ˜†

As usual, I love the P.S bit! <3'. As much as I love reading the OS itself, I always seem to enjoy reading the P.S part the most, so adorable. 😍 😍

More soon please! πŸ€—

Edited by Lubz.TaAnu - 12 years ago
Elizabeth Darcy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Hehe...you have a point about the age bit, because yeah displacement at any point of time tends to do crazy things to you. I guess the fact that he ended up there so abruptly and without any way of knowing the challenges he'd have to face made it even harder. Looking back, I see those 8 years and wonder how he never REALLY went mad! πŸ˜†

I guess I was trying to hint at Taani's matchmaking adventures in their adulthood with  this little episode...I mean while Onu doesn't stop Taani from  doing her matchmaking and what not, he doesn't get actively involved either, so I'd imagined his passivity with regards to others' business is a cultivation of another American trait...keeping privacy sacred. In India privacy gives way a little to community involvement, which can sometimes end up in complete disaster like  the TapLi RobLi case! 

I'm guessing Jeremy did blurt out the truth, but worded it in such a way that Mrinalini thinks he doesn't like  her lol. I mean "concentrate on everything else only when you're not around", that too from a top ranking student? πŸ˜† And yeah...if anything Onu wasn't expecting  that, in his (slightly silly) 16-year-old mind he thinks this plan is foolproof!🀣

About Nupur...you  know, halfway through the entire Taani Ritesh fiasco, I sometimes wondered why Nupur seemed to have no mother figure, not even a mention of one...and seemed to have a relationship with her father as superficial as Onu's was with Shekhar in the beginning. Around that time I really wondered whether she latched on to Onu  for company like Onu did for her, and her interaction with Laboni after Riteish's capture seemed to seal that impression for me! She knows as little about relationships as Onu  did, maybe even less, and I wondered if her not having any sort of bond with anyone had anything to do with it.  I'm trying to keep that in  mind while writing her, though sometimes it's a little tough πŸ˜†

Um, yeah, how I managed to think  so much about Nupur while doing so much Anuraging is anyone's guess πŸ€£

I love writing the PSs too! The funny thing is, I always plan the entire  thing in my head except for the PSs...those I just wrote on the spot once I've written everything else!

Is it just me or am I starting to give monster-replies to my monster-reviewers? πŸ˜²πŸ€£
Edited by Elizabeth Darcy - 12 years ago
LubzA thumbnail
Exactly! I mean it was harder for Onu because, all of a sudden, out of nowhere a plan was made to send him abroad. Whereas in most cases (you'd like to think) it's planned! But yeah, maybe that's what drove him mad! πŸ˜†

Aaah yes, good point! Like Onu, Taani did it for the right reasons, because she wanted to see Mauli and Robbie happy, but she didn't realise how Mauli had felt about Taposh. Taani was in the wrong to jump straight in without talking to Mauli but then again, as close as those two were, you would have expected Mauli to tell Taani how she was feeling. Although, wasn't it obvious to Taani how Mauli used to act around Taposh when they were younger?πŸ˜• hmm, she clearly didn't notice.

Yeah, that makes sense.. it's strange that not once did they mention anything about Nupur's mother, I mean we didn't want a full biography of her but at least you'd think they'd drop her into some kind of conversation maybe?

I suppose you're right, I suspect she was just as lonely as Onu was if you think about it. Which makes sense why her career was so important to her. Not just because she loved modelling, but because it had been her only solace I suppose? And maybe she thought that by giving up that contract, she'd have to face reality again. (although, with Onu by your side, I don't see how anyone could see themselves as alone!)

Lizzy! Focus on Anuraging! Leave the technicoloured ghost alone! 🀣

Aaah! Well I love the last minute P.S, keep it up! πŸ˜‰

I blame Pinky for my monster reviews! *Sends a glare Pinky's way* 🀣 
Edited by Lubz.TaAnu - 12 years ago
Pinky,  I think you've started a trend...🀣

And Lubzy, that bit  on modelling  is starting to  give me ideas πŸ˜ˆ
LubzA thumbnail
Originally posted by: Elizabeth Darcy

Haan na! Her fault! 🀣

Uh oh! πŸ˜† πŸ˜›
-Shobhu21- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Lizzy...πŸ€—
Screw my net... It stopped working and i missed ur OSs sooo much...
I dont need to give the reviews... ... Now you have 2 ppl on it... Lubz n Mish naa...
Chalo chalo great ones...
And srsly Gigi likes Raavan... πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
I had so much of fun reading it... And he never wants to matchmake... But he ends up match making for taani...
Thanx for this treat lizzy
mishti_17 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Lizzy….πŸ€—

Awww… Onu remembering his adjustment days… I mean school is fun, but when u have to change places , it becomes so difficult(Im telling this from my own experience) First day of school  is something u look forward to but when u go somewhere u know no one, its like totally opposite.. U dont wanna go.. Onu exactly remembers that.. How he felt so out of place... πŸ₯± Awww, nice to know that Jeremy was there for Onu.. He helped him , or pizza serving in NY wud have fetched Geela Ganguly good income..🀣 So he reminds Onu of Robi.. Good , motu doesnt hot him like he did Robi...πŸ˜† 

☺️ So kuch kuch ho raha between Jeremy n Mrinal... But yeh kya, Jeremy avoiding Mrinal..😲 Maybe the guy has grown shy of her of lately..πŸ˜† And he is more conscious when Mrinal is around actually proves his feelings for her... Mrinal taunted him but Jerry was blushing...☺️ Awww, he enjoys her taunts as well... πŸ˜³ Onu came to know of Jerry's feelings for Mrinal.. 

He knew the look on Jeremy Newman's face, he knew it because that was the way he'd looked at Mishti.

Awww...😍 Probably Onu was imagining it all from his n Mishti's point of view... πŸ˜³ Soo cute...

So Onu decided Mission Matchmaking for Mrinal n Jerry... Nups and her logic... πŸ˜† She actually didnt seem to understand Onu'a way of thinking..πŸ˜† Probably because , she might have not found the look on the Jeremy's face similar, the way Onu did..😍 😍..  Nups commented about Onu's cologne..πŸ˜†πŸ€£ Smells awful.. Humare Onu ki choice toh best hai na, Nups ki pasand hee kuch extra ordinary hogi...πŸ˜† So Jerry and Mrinal met and it was a disaster... πŸ˜­ I guess Jerry was not ready to accept the fact and he ended up hurting Mrinal... πŸ˜’

Onu ka plan nahi chala...πŸ˜”πŸ₯Ί And now Mrinal isnt talking to anyone of them...πŸ€” 

Coming to the letter and P.S and P.P.S 

Onu telling Mishti about his new found business which received a huge setback in the first attempt itself..πŸ€” πŸ˜’ Nups comment about his cologne and how he loves it.. Maybe even Mishti likes it...😳 

P. P. P. S. Noorie's my new nickname for Nupur. She's into these long loose Hare Krishna batiks now and she looks like a technicoloured ghost. 

🀣🀣 Noorie is the new found name for Nups...πŸ˜† Technicolored ghost... Roflsss...🀣 

Loved the part.. Hope everything gets sorted between Mrinal-Jerry and also Mrinal-Onu-Nups... 

Waiting eagerly for next one...πŸ€—

mishti_17 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: Lubz.TaAnu

I blame Pinky for my monster reviews! *Sends a glare Pinky's way* 🀣 

Aiyooo.. Maine kyaa kiya... πŸ˜† 
*pinches Lubzy*  

Originally posted by: Elizabeth Darcy

Waise when the writer is as good as you, such trends have to start Lizzy...😳
Edited by mishti_17 - 12 years ago

Oye guys sorry for the delay! Had my convocation ceremony and this OS was taking its own  sweet time to get done!

--

When in Doubt, Call Gigi

Two weeks had passed since Mrinal had stopped talking to Jeremy, and because they'd lied to  her about not coming  she had extended  the same courtesy to  Onu and Nupur as well. The two of them knew they didn't need to worry much about it because (a) They'd  assured her through another entire set of white lies that they'd really really been intending to join Jeremy and Mrinal in the park and couldn't find them, and (b) She had no inkling  exactly how involved they'd been or what a  conspiracy this really was - if she did, she'd have them for breakfast and their leavings for  dinner.

It was Jeremy they were worried about. Mrinal was now returning his previous gestures by avoiding him like the plague, and Jeremy was virtually disappearing to the point where Nupur had ended up calling him The Incredible Shrink.

"One thing's for sure now, though," Nupur was telling him, happily attacking the plate of cookies Aunt Letty had laid out for them.

"What, that Jerry's going to shrink and shrink and keep shrinking till he transforms from star of the class to black hole?"

"No, silly. By God, you're too daft to ever notice anything," Nupur harrumphed.

"Badi aayi mere hi idea ko credit lene wali. I do all the dirty work and now she calls me daft."

"Oh, shut up," Nupur said. They sat in silence for a while before she answered.

"You know...I think Mrinal likes him back."

Onu raised his eyebrows. It was something he'd hoped for but wasn't certain about, which was why they'd arranged for the park episode in the first place. Jerry was supposed to tell her under pressure exactly how he felt...at best, she'd be all over him like a very bad rash, and at worst she'd gently turn him down and avoid  him for a few days before things finally returned to normal.

"What makes you so sure?"

"I'd had this doubt for as long as you've been suspecting Jerry's feelings. Lately she'd been looking at him like she was going to eat him whole, bones and all." Nupur said this with a certain sense of fiendish relish.

"Eww...Nupur, that's not romantic, that's just plain gross. You make her sound like a freaking cannibal."

"All I know is that she looked like a freaking cannibal everytime she looked at him. I left them in the locker room once and when I returned there'd been enough heat in there to light a furnace for the entire year."

"Kids!" Aunt Letty called out from the kitchen, "how long will you be around?"

"Another hour if that's okay with you, Aunt Letty!" Nupur yelled back.

"Add another half-hour and you'll get some honey cake before you leave."

Onu, whose brain was already turning cartwheels trying to process the information he'd just received, was only too happy to obey.

"She didn't look very interested in him..."

Nupur smirked. "Guess you weren't looking at her hard enough." Another bite of cookie. "I have an idea..."

"I know you do, Noorie, but no. If they want to get together, they can jolly well do it themselves."

He'd learnt his lesson now. He'd self-appointed himself the big man, made plans for Jeremy and Mrinal without taking into account their feelings...and now all because of one stupid, hairbrained scheme that they weren't even aware of, their friendship was in shambles when it should really have grown stronger. And it had hurt Jeremy in ways that had made Onu too ashamed to want to look into a mirror again.

Oh, the guy took great care to make sure no one noticed him, but one could tell from the longing glances he cast at Mrinal that he would be willing to cast aside any hopes he had with her to get their friendship back.

"She's miserable too, Rags." Nupur's eyes had gone soft and sad. "And between the two of them they have enough pride to last a trip to the moon."

"But ' "

"I'm not saying force them to admit how they feel. That's their problem. I'm just saying we need to get our friends back, not these miserable glum-bubbles."

Onu sighed. "How?"   

Nupur opened her mouth to answer and then stopped, her eyes focussing on something else behind him.

It was Aunt Letty, standing there with her arms casually folded, waiting for them to stop. How long had she been there? How much had she heard?

But by the crinkles etched deep in the skin around her  eyes, you could tell that she had other, happier things in mind right now. And it made him feel warm and safe, because Aunt Letty and happiness ' he had learned ages ago ' were two lines that ran parallel to each other but never met. Whatever little joy she had she really was entitled to.

"Sorry to disturb you kids," she said, "but I hope you don't have much to do sometime mid-September?"

"We don't, Auntlet, and you don't need to ask!" Nupur said, grinning back at her, and Onu suppressed the urge to roll his eyes.

Auntlet, she called her, like it was a junior version of aunt, like a piglet was to a pig or an anklet to an ank (which was the way Nupur had put it, wilfully ignoring Onu's protests that there was no such thing as an ank).

"Good," was Aunt Letty's reply, and it was obvious that she was bursting with news today, "because my son is having a bit of a vacation and I'd like all of you to meet him '"

"Mikhael's training's over?" Nupur squealed.

Laughing, Aunt Letty said, "No...just a little bit of  a break. And you know how is, he loves having you kids around..."

Nupur jumped up from where we sat and hugged her. "Don't I know it...and Auntlet, tell him to come around more often, it does wonders to your face!"

This was, of course, as much emotional contact as Aunt Letty could take, so she pushed Nupur gently back.  "Don't forget to bring those two girls you always hang out with...the child with the long unpronounceable name and her little elf of a sister. I want to make his homecoming as bright and happy as possible."

Onu gulped. He couldn't burst Aunt Letty's little bubble of joy, not now. "We'll tell Mrinal and Gigi, Aunt, sure we will."

Her smile was wistful as she dissolved slowly into the darkness of the kitchen. "I've been wanting for him to see you, Motya..."

Nupur, in the meantime, was casting a wide-eyed, oh-my-god-inspirational-moment! look his way.

"ONU!" she almost yelled in her excitement, "That's it!"

"What's it?" Omg did she just call me Onu??

She looked at the kitchen. Then at him. Kitchen. Then him, and then...

"You're not saying..." No Noorie, please Noorie, that's a BEYOND-CRAZY idea...

"Ooh yes I am..."

Gigi!

--

Convincing Jeremy to go to the park again was like telling a fish to grow legs. But he'd managed because being Shekhar Ganguly's son meant you had that innate knack of getting people to do things your way without you having to snap a finger.

Mrinalini and Gargi were there too, courtesy of Nupur bribing Gigi to get her sister to come to the play area with her. Onu made a mental note to ask Nupur just how much of her pocket money had been sacrificed in her enthusiasm to buy the girl sweets.

Onu and Nupur, as usual, went to the other side of the considerably small playground and played spectator. They would have stayed, but Mrinal's gaze seemed to have the Gandhari effect on all three of them right now.

It didn't take more than a look at Jeremy for Gargi to start talking.

"Di?"

"Yes, Gigimoni?"

"What's wrong with Jerry?"

Mrinal looked away, scowling. "Ask him yourself."

Gigi was obedient only when you meant the opposite of what you said. "What's wrong with you, Jerry?"

He smiled, "Why do you ask, Gigabyte?"

She giggled at the sound of the nickname. Nupur turned to him, eyes round as saucers, mouthing the words, he calls her gigabyte?

"You look like you put eyeliner and slept immediately, that's why."

There was a strangled choke that seemed to emerge from Mrinal's throat. So much for stifled laughter, Mini, Onu said to himself.

Jerry laughed for the first time in weeks. "Bet I'm scary enough to grace a Halloween party in nothing but my normal clothes, eh?"

Gigi grinned and took his hand, "Not as scary as Mini Di looks first thing in the morning."

Mrinal gave Gigi her Gandhari glare, but her little sister was made of stronger stuff than stone.

Not to be upstaged, Mrinal said rather stiffly. "Gigimoni, tell your Jerry that we're going home once he's done laughing at me."

Gigi turned to him, mouth open, but Jerry wasn't  one to stay quiet for long. "Gigabyte, could you be a darling and ask your sister what she means by your Jerry?"

Onu, in the meantime, decided to give Nupur the just so you know, this was your idea look. At least this time he didn't have himself to thank for another disaster!

"Tell Jerry I don't have to explain anything to him!"

"Gee, Jerry," Gigi said, "she means business."

"Are you taking his side?"

Gigi now looked a little like a goldfish.

"No, she's not!"

Mrinal's look was poison. "She'd better not be if she knows which side her bread is buttered!"

Onu and Nupur collectively decided to cover their eyes. This massacre was going to border on the scale of epic...

"For Chrissake!" Gigi seemed to have had enough of being interrupted to last a lifetime. "Does it look like I've lost my mouth? You tell me things and then don't give me time to answer! I'm not your page boy, so go send each other your own messages next time!"

Silence. Gigi took a deep  breath before she continued.

"And Di, don't you even start talking to me about bread and butter and sides when you were the one who went all Grandma on me last week and put me on that no-butter-no-jam-no-fatty-stuff diet!"

From  the other side of the playground, Onu and Nupur shook their heads. "Now that's what I call an explosion!" Nupur said in a voice strangled from fighting the urge to laugh.

The explosion had worked. Jeremy and Mrinal, now speechless beyond belief, looked at each other, then at Gigi, then at each other again. And laughed.

Laughed.

"Pinch me, Noorie," Onu whispered, more to himself than to her, "I have to have to  have to be dreaming."

Like Gigi, Nupur chose to be obedient when you least wanted her to be, smiling her satisfaction as he yelped.

--

August 20, 2001.

Mishti,

Most of Jeremy's apology and Mrinal getting manaofied was offstage, though Nupur would have liked to hear it because underneath all that I-live-to-shock-people attitude she really is as  gooey a romantic as the rest of us. But we've done enough meddling and I think we're lucky the two of  them found it so funny. I don't think Jerry listened to half of what Gigs said, because the next time we met him (where, I'm glad to tell you, he looked much happier) the only thing he had to say about the entire fiasco was "Gigabyte remembered what I'd told her about page boys two months ago! Isn't that amazing?"

Hah, Gigabyte, indeed.

Everything's back to normal and we all lived happily ever after.  The end.

Love,

Motu

P.S. By the looks of it, it looks like Jerry never told her the truth.

P. P. S. And I don't think he ever will. She won't either. Gah, birds of a stupid feather flock together.

P. P. P. S. Christmas just arrived for us four months early because Mikhael Cohen's coming to town! :D

P. P. P. S. Allow me to use this smiley some more because it's just that awesome...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D