Users

Frequent Posters

silky_harshad thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Amazing lizzy,awesum,gr8,fab update soon
mishti_17 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Lizzy, u are backπŸ€— Good to see u back and what a return.. With a bang...  πŸ˜ƒ Two OS's... ☺️ On the promos...😍 Awww loved both the parts... Onu's state of mind seeing Taani n Subodh under one umbrella.. The way u have described it, its truly fantastic... The dargah one was awesome as well... Will wait for more from u...
RiyaDutta thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
WOW!!! Lizzy superb OSs...really loved it alot!! πŸ˜›πŸ˜ŠπŸ€—
Please keep writing more!!!!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰
-Shobhu21- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Lizzy...πŸ€—
The promos OS's...
especially of those promos which I love...
The OS was simply amazing...
Both of them... The 1st one... the way you described Onu... If there was a real Onu somewhere... Maybe thats how he would feel...
And the 2nd one :  I always wanted the CVs to use a part of the dargah scene... And well you described it the way I wanted it...
Thanx for the OSs...
And write more plll
- Shobz (Shobhana)
Elizabeth Darcy thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks so much Silky, Mishti, Riya and Shobi...glad you're liking the OSs! I'd always wondered while looking at those promos what kind of love story TL would be, and even  now  when the serial's over, I can  still see TaAnu doing these beautiful things together...I guess that's the magic of this jodi!! πŸ˜ƒ
Simran42 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
awesome!!!! Keep writing...:D
This is the OS I wrote for the tram scene in the promos...not the one where Taani gets hit by one, but where TaAnu enter one together. I'd schedule this for the time period between the opening of the sweetshop and Onu's revelation about Nupur. This one's called Summer Rain.

--

Had Taani not been half as in love with Onu as she was now, and had Onu not been half as blind, they would have laughed at the irony of the situation.

Anurag Ganguly had helped her get inside a bus before it had dashed away. Caught the tram just as it was about to leave, screamed at her to run faster and holding out his hand, pulling her inside the tram and against him...clutching her so close to him she could almost feel the hardness of the bar on the tram that separated them.

Anurag Ganguly alias Motu alias 99Kgs alias Theeki Misthti's Best Friend.

This was the same Motu who need help from just about everyone to get out of a bus. The same Motu whose multiple tyres got stuck between the bars so that everyone who would help him would have a good laugh while doing it. The same Motu who didn't apologize for his weight and his eating habits, which was part of why she had loved him so. He was himself, and he was honest to who he was.

The same Motu now held her by the wrist, lifting her to the edge of the bus with surprising ease, holding her for a hairsbreadth of a second in his arms before releasing her...that Motu knew why she wore orange and smiled crookedly sometimes when she blushed at something he'd said...this Motu was innocent of how the hair at the back of her neck stood on end if he so much as brushed her hand with his.

Or maybe he did know, and he was just teasing.  One could never tell, and that poker face of his certainly wasn't helping. Onu had never been any good at hiding his feelings, but now even the slight smile she would sometimes bring out in him was too guarded, too filled with reserve to look truly joyful. The Onu she once knew had a face that could tell you everything: his voice could lie, but his eyes wouldn't dare.

Looking at his (very slight) grin as he got her a seat, she wondered exactly what had happened in America to transform the emotionally rich boy she had loved, to this cauldron where emotions never seemed to rise to the surface. It was almost like feeling the rain on your skin while the sun was still shining: the sweetest, most soothing feeling in the world, but so rare that its very presence made it sweeter.

"There's practically no one in this tram," Taani said, in an attempt to break away from the silence that seemed to yawn and stretch in the empty space, "Where is this one off to?"

Onu smile was shrouded in mystery, but what about him wasn't these days? "You'll  know when you get there."

"Onu..."

"Now, Taani, what is it they say about sabr ka phal..."

"Definitely theeki nahin hoti!" Taani quipped back.

Onu laughed this time, a rich deep throaty laugh that melted her insides even further.

"Give me ten minutes," he replied, "Ten minutes, and I hope what comes after will be more than worth it for you..."

It had better not take more than ten minutes, because the heat was too unbearable for even this luxury tram. The sun was out and beads of sweat were shining on his upper lip, and hers too. She couldn't help but pray that the monsoons would come sooner.

Onu was looking outside, unaware of the world within the tram, unaware of their elbows almost  touching, unaware maybe even of her. Taani swallowed the lump in her throat. It wasn't fair, it wasn't fair at all to feel this way...wasn't it enough for her that Onu had done so much? Had kept his promise to return for her, only for her? Shouldn't that have been enough? It was evidence enough that he loved her the way she loved him...

"Taani?"

She blushed. She'd been so lost in thought that she hadn't bothered to notice where they were headed, "Onu...have we reached yet?"

He rolled his eyes at her impatience. "Not for another two stops. Now come on, stand up...I want to show you something."

She looked around. The few passengers that had been there when they entered were gone and a glass partition separated the driver and the tram conductor from them.

He nodded at her, took her hand and held it outside, unmindful of the dupatta that fluttered slowly in the breeze. The sun was beaming at them so brightly that she just had to look away.

And then she felt the droplets on her palm.

It was raining while the sun shone.

She raised her face to the sun, closing her eyes so that she could feel its warmth and the cold of the rain at once on her skin. His hand warm on hers, his smile a faint whisper of the Onu he used to be.

"Summer rain..." he said, "I'd promised you once that whenever there would be summer rain in the horizon, you and I would be outside to feel it."

"That was eight years ago...you remembered?"

"I try not to break too many of my promises."

She felt the shift in him deep in her bones. He was changing...maybe back to the person he used to be, maybe not. All she knew now were the droplets that studded his face like diamonds, the sun that cast shadows on his face. His face for once showed pure unadulterated joy, for once he had let go and been the boy he used to be.

He had been, was still, the most beautiful man alive in her eyes.

When they reached the mela, where once they had played king and queen of some imaginary Mughal kingdom, and relived old memories, Taani knew that nothing could surprise her the way the joy written all over his face had.

In the two weeks that he had been in their hometown, she had never seen him look so happy. 

Even the visit to the mela, and the memories it brought back, couldn't have had the effect that those raindrops in the sun did on them both. In that moment, Taani believed that there was no surprise the two of them could have possibly not shared together.

Days later, at what was to be their engagement party, Taani was proved wrong.

There were surprises he had brought along that could break her heart, and Nupur Basu was one of them.

The summer rain had left them as soon as it had come.

LubzA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Haiii Lizzy 😍 😍 πŸ€—

Where do you get your inspiration from?! (apart fromTaAnu! πŸ˜† ) But still, I loved it, as I imagined I would.

Which promo you working on next? πŸ˜›
Thengyoo Lubziee! πŸ€— I was thinking maybe the rickshaw one next...and maybe I should do that Taani ki college thing. Once I'm done with the Promo OSs, I'm thinking of doing a set on Onu's 8 years in America, but I think that might need quite a bit of research!

PS: Inspiration? Ooh from lots of things! I always loved the Sufism inherent in TL, which was where the dargah OS came from...and the ghazal I quoted there  has been a favourite of mine for years! For the tram one, it was a personal experience...we used to get summer rains sometimes which I LOVED, and for the first one it was definitely listening to choti Taani singing Na Mono Lage Na...πŸ˜†
Edited by Elizabeth Darcy - 12 years ago
mishti_17 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Lizzy... Awesome.. Tram promo.. I never knew a promo can be explored so nicely.. Fantastic..😍 Loved it.. Summer rain, blushing Taani and Onu's promise.. Awww.. Too cute.. Waiting eagerly for your next one...