Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cuty16 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hye all just searched more about cgm's i'm confused so thought to make u all also.

Dhruvaswamini,a girl saved by Chanakya when she was ill-iterated in the time when cgm was in a journey to secure an special Armour never found by anyone.

In 305B.C that Seleukos(seleucus)1 Nictator of the newly formed selecus empire was marching towards Indus,intent on recovering Alexender's Indian possessions,cgm went to meet ,they had war lasted for 1-2yrs.
Seleukos signed a treaty wid cgm.
Seleucoid empire as a legitimate state and gave 500 elephants as a gift.
To seal the deal Seleukos gave his daughter Helen to cgm as a wife.

No comlete info about his family life is given anywhere.Edited by Cuty16 - 12 years ago
Cuty16 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Cgm had many wife.

Bindusara was the son of cgm's wife named "Durdhara".

There is a small story about him.
Chanakya use to mix a little amount of poision in cgm's food for immunity. So that cgm could resist the adverse affect of the weapons by his enemies.
Cgm was not knowing about it and once was taking food wid her 7 month pregnant wife Durdhara,as she eaten that poision mixed food cant tolerate that and died in a second.

Chanakya entered the room cut the stomach of the died Durdhara and take out the baby.

The poision was hard so it has reached babies head and he got a blue mark on his head so named "Bindusara" .
radhikarani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wowww thnxxx for it veryy good
RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Another info cgm married the princess of Lichchhavis.he then had a successor Samudragupta.

[/QUOTE]

this information is not about chandragupta maurya...its about chandragupta 1 or pratham chandragupta of gupta dynasty who was married to the princess kumardevi of lichchavis...and had a successor Samudragupta...the greatest conqueror of indian history...founder of Gupta empire...
Historylover thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hello friends😃

And i guess Dhruwswamini was the wife of Chandragupta || brother of Ramgupta and son of Samudragupta...if i m not wrong...so she is also the daughter-in- law of Gupta Empire

in 3-3 chandragupta mein main itni confuse hui thi ki ek baar history ke exam mein mera dabba gol hote hote bacha🤣...man! this ancient history is extremely confusing...mujhe toh chakkal aa laha hai😕🤣
Edited by Historylover - 12 years ago
RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
you know bhargu..here's an interesting story too...ramgupta the elder son of samudragupta was coward and may be impotent..he allied a treaty with shaka king and gave his own wife dhruva devi to that king ...chandragupta 2 ...then faught a battle...and killed the shaka king...and then killed his coward brother..and got married to his love dhruva devi..
Historylover thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: jhum_86

you know bhargu..here's an interesting story too...ramgupta the elder son of samudragupta was coward and may be impotent..he allied a treaty with shaka king and gave his own wife dhruva devi to that king ...chandragupta 2 ...then faught a battle...and killed the shaka king...and then killed his coward brother..and got married to his love dhruva devi..

Yes Aru... i know this story Aru...and it symbolizes women power...Dhruwswamini also protested and took really bold steps against the hypocrite society of that time...and i think that's really gr8...hat's off to her👏...coz leaving first husband and marrying to someone else is a big deal in India even today...and yeh story toh ancient India ki hai...i'm so much proud of her and also chandragupta...but main fail hone wali thi chandragupta ke chakkar mein😭🤣 3-3 chandragupta
Edited by Historylover - 12 years ago
Moner_Radio thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
hey bhagwan, yeh thread padh kar to mera sar patak ne ka dil kar raaha hai😲, omg, CG ke itne saare ladkiyo ke saath affair😲 !! mujhe to woh kitna shareef baccha laga tha, par wo to Dhannu se bhi badkar nikla 😡!! but i read abt Helen, Selucus' daughter in school..& i came to know abt Durdhara in dis forum, so it's possible dat post-marriage Helen took a new Indian name & became Durdhara !! may b,dats y der's no seperate reference of Durdhara in history books coz der r 2 names of d same lady !!😊
Moner_Radio thumbnail
Originally posted by: Historylover

Girls at that time were totally fida over Chandra😆...and woh bhi mauka milta tha toh tym pass kar leta tha..but Acharya chanakya kabhi use mauka dete hi nahi they😆😆...C kehte hain...investment wahan karo jahan profit ho (i don't know what i'm writing...so plz don't mind...garmi se mera dimag kharab ho gaya hai😆)

ok, to yeh sab Chanakya ka sikhya hua hai,"
investment wahan karo jahan profit ho", so CG did all dis to gain advantage 4 his kingdom ??😲😲
😲
Moner_Radio thumbnail
Originally posted by: jhum_86

mujhe bindusar k bap ko uske ma ko saupna hai...jabse dekh rahi hun uske life mein sabke lie jaiga hai sirf apne bache k ma k lie nahi..mujhe uska haq chahiye😡

ok, so Dhurdhara vs CG kuch aisa rahega :

Dhurdhara :- hamari mange poori karo, poori karo,
                        dusri ladkiyo ke saath flirt bazi nahi chalegi, nahi chalegi.

( sorry, side-effects of living in Kolkata !!)
😆😆