TOI: Daksh flooded with gay add requests on FB

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Dakssh is flooded with gay add requests on FB

Akash WadhwaAkash Wadhwa, TNN | Jun 4, 2011, 12.19pm IST

Being homosexual is not an easy task, not even in reel life. Actor Dakssh Ajit Singh who is all set to play a homosexual character of a married man on Maryada Lekin Kab Tak is presently facing the side effects of his on screen change in sexual preferences.

"I am tired of ignoring friend requests on my social networking account from the gay community. Everyday I am getting hundreds of add requests from gays all over the country. Everybody wants to add me. They are expressing their likes and dislikes about the topic. I can't even change my account. It's irritating explaining people that I am straight and not gay," he says. But it isn't just the social networking account that is troubling this new gay icon on the small screen. "I was shocked when some of my male friends confessed in me that they were gay after reading my interview.

People are also thinking me to be bi sexual. I don't want to be the gay icon," he shrugs. And the lads is quite determined of not wanting to be the gay icon of India. "I have no plans of being the straight gay icon. I just want to play my character sincerely. I don't want gays to fantasize about me or admire me. I am straight and will always remain that ways. Thankfully my girl friend is aware about all these happenings in my life."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

divya_181 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for the article🤗,  poor dakssh. 
Bobbi. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Haha, poor Daksh, wishing you the best for getting over all these baseless confrontations.
-SMay31- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
lols..poor guy...it's surprising tht ppl actually dont use their brains nd cant generalize btw reel nd real...😳