Favorite Ramayan/Krishna Leela Couple? - Page 2

Poll

Which couple is your favorite out of all our puranas?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
^^ Interesting...you're seriously the first person I found who liked Krishna and Satyabhama the best. Usually it's Krishna and Radha or Krishna and Rukmini...any particular reason?😊 Just asking since Satyabhama is usually not a favorite among people.
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
And there is also a very famous story Satyabhama darpa bhang

But the Padmapuran says she was the prettiest of them and Devi Shachi had given her a boon of eternal beauti

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
My reason on Satyabhama - her accompanying Krishna fearlessly on Garuda in his war against Narakasura.  Also, her discussion w/ Draupadi on how to satisfy one hubby, given Draupadi had no problems satisfying 5.  According to some accounts, it was she, rather than Krishna, who fought Narakasura.

Nandini, what was the darpa bhang story?
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: NandiniPS

And there is also a very famous story Satyabhama darpa bhang

But the Padmapuran says she was the prettiest of them and Devi Shachi had given her a boon of eternal beauti

Yeah, the story goes that Devi Sachi gave her a boon of eternal beauty because she helped Krishna defeat Narakasura, and Sachi Devi also gave Shri Krishna one parijaat flower to give to any wife he wanted. Krishna gave the flower to Rukmini, because it was said that the wearer of the parijaat flower would be eternally young and beautiful, and since Satyabhama already got that boon from Sachi Devi herself, Krishna wanted to be fair to both his favorite queens. But this got Satyabhama angry and she demanded the entire parijaat tree as retribution...this in turn is what caused Satyabhama garva bhangam to happen.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: _Vrish_

My reason on Satyabhama - her accompanying Krishna fearlessly on Garuda in his war against Narakasura.  Also, her discussion w/ Draupadi on how to satisfy one hubby, given Draupadi had no problems satisfying 5.  According to some accounts, it was she, rather than Krishna, who fought Narakasura.

I like Satyabhama after her garva bhangam...before that, I felt her pride and hostility towards Rukmini and Jambavathi were uncalled for.

Satyabhama killing Narakasura herself is believed in South India...that is the basis for Diwali there, not Ram, Sita, and Lakshman returning to Ayodhya. This is also another story for Diwali I think...don't remember which though.
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: _Vrish_

Well it is there is RS's Krishna.

After getting her boon on eternal beauti Devi Satayabhama became a bit proudi. She thought she was the most beloved of the lord. Lord does not like false pride in people especially those who are his devotees

He summoned Narafa and asked him to do something which will forever banish this pride of Devi Satyabhama

Narsd Rishi went to her and said" Devi do you want eternal love of your Husband"
When Satyabhama said yes, he said" For that you have to perform a yajna"

Satyabhama agreed and did the yajna in the guidance of Narad rishi

After the yajna was performed Satayabhama asked Narad ji to ask for dakshina. Narad said I do not want anything for I desire nothing accept Naraya,

Satayabhama insisted and said pridefully" I can give you anything, gold , diamonds, palaces. please ask"

Narad said" If you can give me anything then give me one thing that I desire, give me Narayan , your husband.

On hearing this Satyabhama started pleading but Narad remained adamant. He said" Well do not worry, you can buy him back by giving and equivalent weight of gold so the Shastra say.

Satyabhama agreed and gave him Krishna in Dakshina.

Now came the time to weight Krishna in gold so that an equivalent gold could be given to Narad

They brought a huge scale and Keishna sat on one of the scakes and on the other Satayabhama started putting her gold.

No matter how much gold she put Krishna;a side remained heavier

Satyabhama started becoming tense. She asked the other queens for help. All gave away their ornaments. Only Devi Rukmini refised to remove and give her gold

All the gold sikver etc were brought and put but no avail. Krishna remained heavy
At last Satyabhama looked at Rukmini and realized who she is and pleaded her for help

Rukmini agreed to help her. She asked Satyabhama to remove all the Gold from the scale. That was done after that she brought a tulsi leaf and put and on the scale

Instantly the scale tipped in balance and Krishna became lighter

Satyabhama realized the Maya of the Lord and also realized that Lord loves all equally /. She also understood the Rukmini Krishna are none other then Lakshami Naraya, 

Her false ego and pride were replaced by love and devotion

She also got the eternal love of Narayan as a result of the Yagna

Moral of the story - The lord cannot be measured in Gold but one leaf of love can tip the balance in your favour
Edited by NandiniPS - 12 years ago