Mythological Masti

Favorite woman from Mythoes

Poll

Who is your favorite woman from Mythoes?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
I know well this is a toughest job to choose only one in this list, but friends, keep thinking & start some lovely discussions about this topic! πŸ˜‰ Enjoy 😊
I will post my opinions later.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
OMG, tough choice!😲 But you know Sema, maybe you should have left out Sita, Radha, and Rukmini from the list since the other women are generally known as the secondary characters and people tend to choose these three because they were the expansions of Lakshmi Ma and all.😳 The list would have been easier without these three.πŸ˜†

Anyhow, it's a really difficult choice for me! All of these women are special and we can learn something from each of them, but my utmost favorites are Sita, Radha, and Rukmini, because they exhibited everything important and ideal in their lives, whether it be sacrifice, true love, humbleness, mercy, leadership, etc. But for the sake of the poll, I went with Sita because she has always been close to my heart since I was a child. Sita Ma has been my guardian angel, my role model, and though Ramayan is translated to be "the Journay of Ram", it would not have been the same without her in the story. Ram is not the same without Sita and Sita is not the same without Ram, so yeah...I would chose Sitaji. I would also choose Ram and Sita as my favorite puranic couple.πŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ But if we are given a choice between Ram and Krishna, I cannot choose. I know, I'm weird.πŸ˜†
...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
ohh.. cant select b/w Sita, Rahda and Yashoda
Rehanism thumbnail
Draupadi.

Because she is the only flawed and non-ideal character in this list and yet she's the epitome of a woman's form as 'Shakti'. Though tolerance and forgiveness is a virtue, but tolerance of injustice is sheer weakness, not virtue. Draupadi, in my opinion, is one of those few woman who never had this weakness, nor did she consider herself weaker than the mightiest men of her time and went on to fight for her own honour and that of others and brought about the demise of Adharma. And also because she was always a rebel (like meπŸ˜³πŸ˜†), and would not hesitate even if she has to chide her husbands or elders for their highhandedness.

When Arjun asked Draupadi, 'What are you doing in this Kurukshetra? Its not a place for women", I loved this reply of Draupadi (from Mahabharat) :

"Main swayam hi apni sena hu, aur swayam hi apni senapati. Aur mere yeh kesh mere shastr hai"
Edited by Darklord_Rehan - 12 years ago
Bhavaani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Draupadi has always been my favourite, one of the reasons being because she was devoted to Krishna. Besides this though, it's impossible not to respect her as a women because of the experiences she went through and the way she handled them.
Draupadi faced horrors that none of the women from this list had to see (apart from Devaki), yet she faced and overcame them all. She did what was right by her own mind, and whatever she could to protect her own.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"...definitely applies here. But I can honestly say I don't think I would have done anything differently had I been in her position.

Edited by Vicky_sonikudi - 12 years ago
ADMJCXNK97fan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
as far as WOMEN not goddess incarnations!!! goes i LOVE Draupadi!!! she's lika a warrior woman, just she doesn't use weapons!!! but she's a big inspiration of mine...
...Mina... thumbnail
i luv sitaji the most !! her suffering and sacrifices always makes me cry😭 and i always feel peace of mind when i read, hear, or see Ramayan!😍 ramayan is my most favorite epic and sitaji and ramji are my most favorite characters !!!❀️ they taught us how to live the perfect life and that its possible to be a good and helpful human being even around evil temptations if ur willing to try!😳 Edited by -RamSitaKiDasi- - 12 years ago
Sia889 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
well this si very tough quest ...each lady in the history was strong,composed and smart
there cant be choice
coolpratz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Ramayan is my fav. epic... so i wuld luv to chose sitaji... for all the sacrifices she made πŸ˜­n maintained her self respect... 
but i chose Urmila... coz i even respect her a lot...  she was also the one to hav most hard times for those 14 yrs... πŸ˜­
Jyotimena thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i like penelope of greek  mytho
she was so faitfull to her husband