Complicated Love - A PriDa SS- Part 2:Pg. 4

jakhushi thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hiii yaaa...

This was meant to be a OS than a short story. But then it just got long...really long and I couldnt finish it as an OS. Incase you are wondering what this ramble is about, it's about a Short Story I wrote on PriDa.

& Why am I subjecting all of you to this foolish piece of writing. Well...it is Maham's birthday today...and I thought of torturing her a little more.๐Ÿ˜‰ And while half the day is gone...the date is still 27th. So There๐Ÿ˜›

M...๐Ÿค—

Surprised??? Well everyone likes surprises...right?? I do remember..๐Ÿ˜› Ofcourse, the quality of writing is probably going to shock you...but let us not get bogged by technicalities.๐Ÿ˜† I wanted to write an OS...but it kept getting longer and I coudnt finish in time. So I am posting the 1st part now...will try and post the end by this Sunday. That way you can read it after the exam is over too๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ.

Here goes...

COMPLICATED LOVE

Part 1

He gulped the warm yet icy liquid and closed his eyes to focus on the burning sensation down his throat. But the whiskey did nothing to dull the heaviness in his heart.

He wondered why ' after all he knew this was in store. In fact, he wanted this to happen. He came back to India only after Sameer confirmed that Damini was getting engaged to Inder.  The Gods had finally shown some mercy on him -  Damini Gujral was getting engaged to another man in 3 days time.

There she was, standing next to Inder and her family, looking more beautiful than he remembered. Damini Gujral '  Sameer's twin, Head of Operations for Gujral Industries, the only daughter of the celebrated Gujrals, the apple of their eye and the mistress of his heart.

He had known her for 12 years now ' since she was a gangly teenager, bratty and full of unnecessary attitude and false bravado. But through those years they had formed a unique bond that transcended all definitions and the usual nomenclature.

He met Sameer in boarding school, when he was 15. A month after he was orphaned. Sameer was  2 years junior to him and they were thrown together as roommates. Those had been difficult times for Prithvi Saxena. Hell'who was he kidding, life had been difficult for him. But right after his parents were killed in car accident and he had been left alone in the world, life had been especially cruel. Sameer , with his usual enthusiasm and jest for life had been his only friend. His best friend who shared everything with him unselfishly. Including his family. Mr. & Mrs. Gujral  had given him the home that he had lost without holding back. They had taken him in, a clueless fifteen year old orphan, had literally saved his life. Although they would hate it if they knew how obligated he felt towards them, the fact was, he did. And he always would.

He spent most of his holidays with them, in the Gujral Mansion. Ila Gujral had insisted he called her 'Maama' like her 2 children. They had given him another chance at life, anchoring him, encouraging him to work hard at his scholarship and carve a successful life post his MBA in Yale. They had given him the family that was snatched away from him so early in life ' for this he would be forever grateful to Sameer and his parents. Prithvi, was even very fond of Avni, Sameer's  fiancee. She loved the Gujrals  and adored Damini. Anyone, who could see past Damini's "stay-away-from-me" exterior, had her head screwed the right way in his opinion.

He could not betray this incredible family's faith and affection by claiming Damini. Especially, since Damini deserved so much more than he could offer.

Damini saw him, watching her with hooded eyes. Why did he come back'why?? Just when she thought she had been able to lock away her feelings for him, his highness, Mr. Prithvi Saxena had decided to grace her life again. Right before her engagement. "This is Unfair", she pondered for the umpteenth time since he landed 2 days back.

She had hated him, when he came to stay with them the 1st summer. She was always used to being the most important person in her family and she did not like sharing her twin brother Sameer and Mamma-Papa's affections with an outsider. But with time she saw, how independent he was, his self pride, the way he cringed and shut people out every time anyone showed him pity.  Slowly, he carved his place in her heart and became her friend, her biggest confidant.

She looked forward to the summer holidays not only for Sameer to come home from boarding school, but also for Prithvi's presence in her life. Unlike, Sameer, Prithvi and she shared the same passion for horses. They would fight over the best way to groom them, which horse loved Prithvi more, her recklessness when she rode and about so much more. But in all those fights, they formed a strong bond of friendship that ran deep, evident to even their common friends. Nobody messed with Damini when Prithvi was around. He ensured that with his mere presence.

When Prithvi started college, he would visit them for shorter periods since Sameer and he were no more in the same insititution. Sameer was studying medicine and Prithvi had taken up Finance.

Things changed when he went away to pursue his MBA in Yale. He came back after 2 years and things got awkward between them.  He was "Bhaiya" to Sameer, "Beta" to her parents but she couldn't figure out what he meant to her. She certainly didn't feel the affection for him that she felt for Sameer. Her skin prickled when he stood close by her, her senses awake, reveling every time their hands brushed. Nah, definitely not a very sisterly reaction.

Through the period he was in India, he behaved like a deported Grizzly bear. He didn't talk to her as much as he did before, but would be always around when she went out. He barely let her out of his sight, behaving like a protective body guard. Sometimes she caught him looking at her with a dazed expression but shut her out every time she tried to probe. She didn't understand this change in him and it bothered her. She missed having him around now that he was miles away but somehow she couldn't tell him that. Atleast, not as easily she would have a few years back.

They would still talk over phone and correspond over an occasional email while he was in US. But when he was in her house, present before her eyes she didn't know what to do.  She still remembered the night before he left home the last time, vivid in her memories like it happened last night.

Sameer had finally started going steady with Avni, a sweet, small town girl he had met during his internship. Damini had started getting involved in their family business much to her parent's relief. Prithvi had just got an offer from a prestigious firm in the US and was torn between the idea of staying in US or returning home. 

The 4 of them were sitting by the pool in their house, chatting about future plans. Sameer soon got bored and declared Avni needed to see around the house. Prithvi winked at Damini hearing this. They shared a knowing laugh at Sameer & Avni's retreating backs because they both knew Avni had visited the house many times and knew her way around the house.  Which meant they also knew Sameer's intentions clearly!!

Prithvi & Damini sat there mulling over wine & chatting about friends, family and how happy Sameer looked with Avni. It was during this long conversation that Damini had got up to get a glass of water, when she tripped over the foot of deck chair. Prithvi held her instinctively to break her fall and there was nothing unfamiliar about that. He had got up to help her and she braced herself clutching his arms.

What was different though, was that he didn't let her go and that she felt secure in his arms. And the fact that she wanted that moment to last a lifetime. The way he traced his finger along her jaw and the shivers that ran down her spine. New feelings that finally made sense of the awkwardness they felt around each other in the last few days. As they looked into each other's eyes, it finally dawned upon Damini ' that Prithvi Saxena meant the world for her.  With a deep sense of relief, she saw the same yearning in Prithvi's eyes, a fire in them that only warmed her heart.  He dipped his head ever so slightly, his eyes riveted on her lips, when they heard voices floating towards them. Sameer & Avni were coming back and Prithvi distanced her from him firmly. His eyes dripped of guilt and he turned his back on her, shutting her out.

They had soon dispersed after this and Prithvi had refused to even look at her. Damini was confused and disturbed. Could he feel for her the way she felt towards him? When he had held her, his eyes told her that she was special. She suspected that Prithvi was very close to kissing her before they were so rudely interrupted. Then why was he behaving like this right after?  Was he worried she didn't like him. Could he be that clueless?  Maybe she should tell him how she felt. Prithvi wasn't a man of many words, but he had always been honest and upfront with her. But, what if didn't love her back ' could she live with her mortified pride. Or worse, without his friendship!!! Damini was determined that she would share her feeling in the next opportunity. Willing to risk everything for the love they both deserved.

The next morning, Ila Gujral told a shocked Damini that Prithvi had to pre-pone his departure as a sudden assignment had come up in his new job. Apparently, he had got a call late last night and taken the decision to leave immediately. He had rushed out at 3:30 am back to US, without even bidding her goodbye.

Damini knew better than to believe this story ' she knew Prithvi had left because of what happened between them the previous night. Prithvi Saxena had rejected her. He hadn't even given her and her love a chance.

So there...Sorry about this really rushed effort and such a late post. Throw whatever you can lay your hands on...I so deserve it

- Khushi

Edited by jakhushi - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Khwahish thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
khushi !!

dat was really nice first part yaar

very well written ..loved reading it

the story was well described...and  true to the character of PriDa..silent love ..pride ..evrythng was totally beleivable..

w8ng eagerly for next part !!

luv
khwahish๐Ÿ˜Š
...Maham... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hahahhaa how about i just grab you and hug you? That's a nice use of my hands too, no? Will read this tomorrow pakka and post my thoughts... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Or maybe i will just read it today anyway while forcing down some food... ๐Ÿ˜† See I had dinner! Aint you proud! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜†

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! *hugs Khush again*

Tons of love,
M

============

Finally back!

Long? THIS.. is not long... have you seen the length of my work.. THAT is horrifyingly long... this is normal...  you should just say you didnt get time to finish it Khush.. i'd accept it.. ๐Ÿ˜› and i just got reminded of one really crazy idea I had before your birthday coz your OS got so abnormally long... i was planning on distributing it in 7 parts so we could celebrate your birthday for a week.. ๐Ÿคฃ decided to post the entire thing together in the end anyway.. Surprised? Most definitely YES! And thank you sooo much for that! Really... cant believe you managed to find the time to write this.. i'll go easy on you next time.. ๐Ÿ˜† Coming to the OS.. the first bit had me going back to that soul mates OS of mine... we are thinking alike again Khush.. i started with the same scene.. though i think mine was a bit more OTT.. ๐Ÿ˜† yours was simple. I liked that. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ You ARE sarcastic as a person arent you Khush? It reflected in your writing here.

I really liked the overall concept of Dmaini being Sameer's twin and Prithvi being taken in as a Son by the Gujrals... 

But through those years they had formed a unique bond that transcended all definitions and the usual nomenclature.

I liked how you described their relation here... Nicely done Khush.. Felt sorry for Prithvi, the 15 year old teenager.. Poor kid... you described his plight nicely too.. Hahaha@ anyone who saw through to the real Damini being possessed with a brain.. ๐Ÿ˜† loved how you described their relation after he moved in with the Gujrals.. Strong bond indeed.. *grins* @ the sudden change in PriDa's equation.. oh yes.. Passion and Attraction are attached to PriDa.. all things sisterly and brotherly? even the thought is horrifying.. ๐Ÿ˜† Ooohhh @ Prithvi's sudden change in behavior.. Aware, attracted and falling in love much Mr. Saxena? I loved that bit of him looking at her with a dazed expression.. Loved the flashback.. loved the friendly conspiratorial  exchange between PriDa

What was different though, was that he didn't let her go and that she felt secure in his arms. And the fact that she wanted that moment to last a lifetime. The way he traced his finger along her jaw and the shivers that ran down her spine. New feelings that finally made sense of the awkwardness they felt around each other in the last few days. As they looked into each other's eyes, it finally dawned upon Damini ' that Prithvi Saxena meant the world for her.  With a deep sense of relief, she saw the same yearning in Prithvi's eyes, a fire in them that only warmed her heart.  He dipped his head ever so slightly, his eyes riveted on her lips, when they heard voices floating towards them.

I dont know why i found this description really good and kinda hot.. loved that bit of the awkwardness they felt making sense to each other.. you do keep things real Khush.. i love that.. @Fire: nothing but ๐Ÿ˜  and errr... โ˜บ๏ธ @ the lips bit oh come on! come on Khush! How could you do that.. I mean.. really! 

Awww@ Damini's plight and her deciding to tell him.. coming from Damini Gujral that kind of a thing is huge to me.. 

Prithvi Saxena had rejected her. He hadn't even given her and her love a chance.Prithvi Saxena had rejected her. He hadn't even given her and her love a chance.

OUCH. seriously that really made me wince inwardly... well written lines Khush... and a good first part to a good OS. yes Khush.. THIS IS GOOD. *hand on my heart*

I loved this.. not because i was too touched that you wrote this and that it was a birthday present but i genuinely liked it and you know I'm no good at lying to you.

I want the last part soon! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Tons of hugs for this!

Love you loads,
M

P.S: and it's absolutely okay about the late post.. trust me.. it's a nightmare trying to post so many things at the same time... i went totally mad on the night of the 29th.. you can check with poor Achu.. ๐Ÿ˜† I'm super glad you posted it later actually... gave me a reason to smile and grin while i was surrounded with my notes.. 
Edited by ...Maham... - 12 years ago
Nan08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Kushiii...

Fantastic first part i must say.. all that emotions of prida  .. the birthday girl will b very pleased :D ...waiting with a lot of anticipation for the second part..very wonderfully written..โญ๏ธ
pia09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi kushi, it is awesum part, waiting for next part. Being PRIDA Fan, it is a treat for us. Pl. continue.
GauravsDbest thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Oh Khushi i loved it from the core of my heart and birthday girl has the same opinion too...how dare u say u deserve thumbs downs for something so beautiful, heart-rending, sensitive, subtle and touching...love u for this...
amiya121 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Khushiii     !!

This is Simply  BEAUTIFUL  !!       โญ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘

Just the  PERFECT GIFT  for  the Birthday Girl ... and needless to say a treat for all of us too   ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

Shall come back later for more    !!      ๐Ÿ˜Š

Love

Amiya
shalini_s thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Kushi.. lovely first part..
Ishaan. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Khushi Di,

A lovely start to a captivating SS! โญ๏ธ The most gripping factor was that it remained true to the PriDa we are used to seeing - bold, fiery, independent, yet tentative with their feelings. Right from the onset, the reader feels an instantaneous connection - the emotions were so well portrayed! And a lot of that gets attributed to the beautiful, poignant writing you treated us to. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

This is the kind of an SS I love reading -  a story which stays within the realms of reality, crafted with the subtlety that is quintessential of the protagonists. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Eagerly waiting for the second part!

[P.S. - Maham, you did it, pal! We have Khushi Di writing a fic after one whole year! ๐Ÿฅณ  Wish you would celebrate your birthday more often... once a year just ain't enough. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜† ] 

- Ishaan
Ann_92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Wow superb os khushiโ€ฆ

Sam n damz are twins ..awesumโ€ฆ.

Luv de emotions

Btw u ur style of writing is smashinโ€ฆโ€ฆ

Pri damz dnt even confess omgโ€ฆinder bander back again lolz

Anyway,โ€ฆ.. โ€ฆwaiting for part 2 โ€ฆ