WHY does Bollywood revolve around SHAHRUKH KHAN? - Page 11

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by goneforever

and most of those movies are Johar/Chopra masterpieces!  😆

So? Why aren't other Johar/Chopra masterpieces on the list also then? In fact why do people say YRF has lost its glory? 😆
I think b/c he's like THE biggest superstar...and a self made man! Besides he was a charming personality so ppl actually seek his company! He can hold a crowd ON and OFF screen!
Originally posted by kasharti1

Word...that is sooo true. I love you for saying this! 😳
I couldn't have said it better!
Thank you for loving me.
Originally posted by Dexterphile

Believe you me, nobody in the States besides the Desi population cares about Sharukh, Amitabh Aishwarya or any other bollywood star. Hell the average layman does not even care that much abotu their own mega stars,. Angie, Pitt... you name it. They can walk in central park in broad daylight and nobody would rush for autographs. People here are not star struck (I am not including hormonal preteens or rockstar groupies here for obvious reasons).

Agree! I remember this one time Reese Witherspoon was waiting in line at Starbucks and ppl do love her, but fans weren't screaming and creating a scene...it was normal...and then I remember when Aishu and Abhi were at a mall and there was a mob surrounding them...I generally don't think ppl give a damn...they want entertainment and that's it!

Of course...Lady Gaga and Justin Beiber still get mobbed...as well as the Twilight folks...but those fans are different!
Originally posted by Gobsmacked

As far as I know the average Brit (non-desis) in the UK has a better chance of knowing Ash more than anyone else incl SRK.

The media here drool over anything Ash does or Ash wears.

Could be...have no idea...but ppl in the US couldn't care at all whether it's SRK, Aishu, or even Freida!

But Aishu does have a pretty big non-desi fan base in Russia, French, and some South American countries!!!

And I think SRK is huge in Malaysia...I guess it all depends how much their films circulate in certain countries!