WHY does Bollywood revolve around SHAHRUKH KHAN? - Page 7

Posted: 12 years ago
^ i dont think i've heard one person who is non-indian ever mention shashi kapoor. Maybe im talking about the younger generation but everyone knows SRK and Aishwarya Rai.
I've also never heard of many people who are non indian and know who Shashi kapoor. is. If we are talking internationally then the most recognised stars are Amitji, Ash and SRK!
Really? All my white, Asian and black friends only borrow SRK dvds from me. He is a huge in Ethiopia, Greece, Trinidad, Malaysia and Korea (thats where my friends come from and thats what they tell me). When I went to Germany an Austria, it was always SRK. Maybe he's more popular amongst the younger generation? I dont know. 
Originally posted by masakaliii

^ i dont think i've heard one person who is non-indian ever mention shashi kapoor. Maybe im talking about the younger generation but everyone knows SRK and Aishwarya Rai.

No not our generation (meaning the younger one) But I guess our parents. At parties they mention it and I think Shashi? but ya I get surprised too. But my relatives tell me he was huge in his time.

Well right now, the younger generation non-indians know Pinto, Aish, and Anil. But the citis I travel too they do not know SRK till that MNIK controversy.Anil is way popular.

I am not sure where you live but I mentioned SRK and non indians were like who? You know in Canada and the states he walks around no one knows him. But Anil since Slumdog is a known bolly star😊. Pinto is a mega star more than Aish. More people know her than Aish. Slumdog is what has made bolly global

^^@ Wat_up: Umm...I think everyone has different experiences. We had people over here(where I live) from Germany on an exchange trip and as soon as they found out that I am an Indian, they straight away asked me about bollywood and the first one that came to their mind was Shahrukh Khan, they even sang two of his songs to me LOL. They then told me how famous SRK is even in Germany. My Indian friends from the States know that I like SRK and they keep telling me how many people they encounter in The States talk to them about bollywood and MOST of them know SRK the most. I travelled to England a few months ago and there people know many bollywood stars but once again, SRK, Aish and AB sr. were the most known. Lastly, my friends from Africa are crazy bout SRK, they borrow DVDs from me and have told me how many people in their country know SRK and adore him. Having said that, I am not ignoring the fact that AB and Shashi Kapoor are known overseas too. Haven't met any Shashi Kapoor fans tbh, but SRK, Aish and AB sr., definitely.  Saying that SRK isn't known at all overseas is complete bs as everyone knows he is known overseas a lot. I don't live in India, and I have first hand experience of SRK's power outside India. :)

Back to the topic, everyone has different opinions. Yes he is an important role to play and I ahve always repected him for his hard working and down to Earth Nature. People may disagree with me but ah well, different opinions.

I agree with what "Sheee" said-

Originally posted by sheee

Because Shahrukh is the king of bollywood. One and only actor with the cleanest past, good movies and good heart. A perfect example of how an actor could be a good husband, father, actor, and a good person.

Edited by kasharti1 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by eraser

Really? All my white, Asian and black friends only borrow SRK dvds from me. He is a huge in Ethiopia, Greece, Trinidad, Malaysia and Korea (thats where my friends come from and thats what they tell me). When I went to Germany an Austria, it was always SRK. Maybe he's more popular amongst the younger generation? I dont know. 

Ya  europe like I posted he is huge. But AB sr is what people say when they talk bolly. Well the younger generation I guess SRK. Our generation is now Pinto or Anil (though he is an oldie) I think the tv show where he played the president hyped him. People even know on his daughter Sonam and think shes hot😊

Edited by wat_up - 12 years ago
[QUOTE=sheee]Because Shahrukh is the king of bollywood. One and only actor with the cleanest past, good movies and good heart. A perfect example of how an actor could be a good husband, father, actor, and a good person.[/QUOTE]
👏
Originally posted by sheee

Because Shahrukh is the king of bollywood. One and only actor with the cleanest past, good movies and good heart. A perfect example of how an actor could be a good husband, father, actor, and a good person.
Word...that is sooo true. I love you for saying this! 😳
I couldn't have said it better!
Believe you me, nobody in the States besides the Desi population cares about Sharukh, Amitabh Aishwarya or any other bollywood star. Hell the average layman does not even care that much abotu their own mega stars,. Angie, Pitt... you name it. They can walk in central park in broad daylight and nobody would rush for autographs. People here are not star struck (I am not including hormonal preteens or rockstar groupies here for obvious reasons). Edited by Dexterphile - 12 years ago
Originally posted by eraser

I dont know why or how but all I know is that everywhere I've traveled to, the moment people find out that I'm Indian, the first thing they say is that they love bollywood and SRK. 
Ya me too..here too,,if i met some1..if they knows me I am India..some tells me I love indian movies.u know SRK..im like ya he is my fav actor😆