Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Because Shahrukh is the king of bollywood. One and only actor with the cleanest past, good movies and good heart. A perfect example of how an actor could be a good husband, father, actor, and a good person.
pria4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Untamed-

I know. 😉 I will not equate SRK with God & we SRK fans are a sane lot. 😆

i agree😃...
pria4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
For me Bollywood means SRK and his films😃
entertainment unlimited...luv his films, luv the gossip surrounding him...a total package...
For SRK's hard-core fans why only bollywood most of the world revolves around him, for neutrals and others it doesnt, simple.
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Okay. Lets break this down logically.

If you look at SRK's career, minus the first couple of starting years, since 1994 till 2010 he has delivered a major hit EVERY single year with the exception of 2009 as he only starred in 1 movie - billu barber.

Some years he's led the box office more than once. Secondly, one cannot deny the affect of the roles the actor taking frequently leaking into his real life image. More often than not SRK plays (or used to play) the lover-boy. Sort of angry, sort of emotional, funny, romantic and overall attractive. He has also been in some of the biggest hits of the 90's that literally was biggest influence on all the kids who grew up in 90's (DDLJ - KKHH - DTPH). he has excellent chemistry with almost all his co-stars and there are rarely any rumours about him having affairs.

The whole gay thing aside, because i honestly don't know if he is or isnt, its not that bollywood revolves around shah rukh, its that he really is an established symbol of bollywood. If i ask any non-indian what they know about bollywood their first reply is 'oh everyone sings and dances' and their second reply is 'and theres that guy in every movie. whats his name again? something khan?". And they pretty much all are talking about SRK. You can't deny his giant influence over the romance genre that blossomed in the late 90's, or his ability to portray an excellent leading man even if the characterization may be cliche.

He may be in over his head now, and he might be gay, he might be cocky, but when push comes to shove he really is the shah rukh khan, and if bollywood revolved around ANYBODY it would have to be him. At least this is the image that exists on a global scale. It may not be true because yeah bollywood is multi-dimensional, we have many stars all of them different and several more talented than SRK, his role has been important though and undeniabley unique.

Edited by masakaliii - 12 years ago
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kabeer.

Personally as an actor now I find him average though he was v.good in the early 90's  'Kabhi haan kabhi na' remains his best performance till date for me & of course his anti-hero roles.

I agree none of the Rahuls he played later on could match that performance. He was so delightful. I love that movie - the songs, the last scene everything   - my all time favorite.
On topic  - Bollywood revolved around Rajesh Khanna once upon a time and then Aamitabh Bacchan followed by SRK. I think his hold on that title is slacking now. With a lot of fresh blood  he needs to reinvent himself. I dont think Aamir or even Salman can take the place he once enjoyed in Bollywood. Mega Superstars  - that too self made ones are very rarely found.Edited by qwww - 12 years ago
I dont know why or how but all I know is that everywhere I've traveled to, the moment people find out that I'm Indian, the first thing they say is that they love bollywood and SRK. 
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Of course Bollywood does not revolve around one person...

But definitely YES He is the face of Bollywood... He and AB Sr are the most recognised face globally and they are the faces that Bollywood is associated with... The mass hysteria he creates internationally is unparalleled...

He was the Number 1 star for close to a decade... After AB Sr he is the only one who has been on top consistently for the longest time...From early 2000 to up until 2009 he was the numero uno ... Then  Aamir 's couple movies became ATBB's 😆  and then he became Number 1... Before that it is commendable that he consistently was on top and it is a tough task with the other two Khans hovering around... and the influx of the new ones who came along and were tipped against him and were projected that they will topple him from the top...
Naye log aaye Naye log gaye but he still stayed on top...

Of course nothing is constant ... Things changed in 2008 when Ghajini came along and in 2009 Aamir sealed the top spot with 3I...

As an actor... I grew up watching his films...After the intial euphoria of Aamir's QSQT and Salman's MPK then came along SRK's DDLJ... He was the ultimate romantic hero in those days and I did enjoy his movies up until the mid 2000's... He was the last of the actors I liked to watch in romcoms and thats one of the reasons I do not enjoy the romcoms churned out these days... Only Ranbir has filled in that void in the rom coms to a certain extent in recent times...

Coming to the present day scenario... He does seem down a bit... I think the pressure of holding on to the top spot is showing... Reasons are the re emergence of Salman Khan and Aamir's midas touch at the BO ... He has a lot riding on RaOne...Lets see how that shapes up...

But definitely he wil be remembered as one of the top star of Bollywood...

Edited by -Maddy- - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: qwww

I agree none of the Rahuls he played later on could match that performance. He was so delightful. I love that movie - the songs, the last scene everything   - my all time favorite.
On topic  - Bollywood revolved around Rajesh Khanna once upon a time and then Aamitabh Bacchan followed by SRK. I think his hold on that title is slacking now. With a lot of fresh blood  he needs to reinvent himself. I dont think Aamir or even Salman can take the place he once enjoyed in Bollywood. Mega Superstars  - that too self made ones are very rarely found.

Thats my favourite performance of SRK too. I must have seen the movie a zillion times. He was such a natural in the movie as the hopeless romantic and happy go lucky hero. The movie was very realistic and SRK brought that special craziness and lovability to the role.
The scene when he looks for the wedding ring was quite touching.
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
^I diagree, because whenever anyone talks on bolly they mention AB sr and Shashi Kapoor (not sure how thry know him ) Maybe because him and AB did maxium movies I have been told. I then try to tell them that they were there years ago though AB is still there in the industry. Yet many non-indians associate bolly with these two especially overseas. As, I have traveled all over.😊

Since Slumdog millionaire came out many westerners are now taking an interest in our movies. The icon they know representing Bolly is Anil Kapoor. In Europe I agree SRK is well Known. In the states, not so much till MNIK controversy came out when he was stopped at an airport did Westners know he was a bolly star. Anil Kapoor is now known globally, and what present generation think  when one is associated bolly. 😊 

Now are we talking on Indians over seas then yes its AB or SRK😊 
Non indians: Anil Kapoor

Edited by wat_up - 12 years ago