Fashion from small screne-TOI

divya0011 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Fashion from the small screen

Hina Khan
Bollywood stars have always been looked upon as style icons. But it's not just they who influence the choices of what people wear. Our telly stars too are not far behind. Be it Akshara's traditional saris, Suhana's sexy cholis, or Tej's guy-next-door look, the audience loves to follow the style mantras of their favourite stars. 

Hear Tina Gandhi, a housewife and an ardent fan of the show Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai. Tina, who loves being glued to the idiot box, admits, "I love Akshara's saris, salwar kameezes and lehengas. In fact, a sea-green sari that she recently wore was so good that I plan to get one custom-made for myself." 

Hina Khan aka Akshara is indeed very popular for her beautiful collection of saris. The proof is the new range of saris called 'Akshara saris'. "It feels really good that people love wearing the kind of saris they see me in. I used to watch Kashish and the lead actress' saris were quite popular then. But I had never thought that there would be saris named after my character as well," says she. While Hina is popular for her traditional look, Ragini Khanna or Suhana of Sasural Genda Phool has been garnering praises not only for her stylish saris and sexy cholis, but for her uber cool dresses as well. "Suhana was always supposed to be stylish. But we never thought that she would become a trendsetter. In fact, I think even my curly hair is quite popular as other TV actresses too are trying it," she says. The actress takes her character's styling very seriously. "A lot of hard work has gone into styling Suhana since she has to look classy and elegant. In fact, I think I am the only bahu in the TV industry who wears nighties, short skirts and tube dresses," she laughs. 

Who says that our telly bahus cannot look sexy and chic? Look at Aishwarya Sakhuja or Tanya of Saas Bina Sasural, who has gone the traditional way, yet gained quite a few brownie points for her net saris. Ask her about it, and she credits the creative team for her style, "The stylists know exactly what would work with the audience. It was really difficult for them to design my look since I am very tall. But, we didn't let that come in our way and decided that Tanya had to look hot." Tanya's net saris have been splashing bright colours like fuchsias, pinks and parrot greens on her viewers and leaving them in awe. 

But it's not just girls who are stepping out in style. Guy-next-door Ravi Dubey (Tej) of Saas Bina Sasural is also very popular. His shirts have become a rage. "It's funny that my shirts are being loved because my character was supposed to have an atrocious dressing sense. He used to wear white pants, and hot pink shorts. Tej's style improved only after he got married, courtesy stylish Tanya. Smarter shirts and denims took over, and I added my personal touch by rolling the sleeves of the shirt. I never really thought this little add-on would please so many." 

Our TV is not just about meek and traditional bahus. A few tough girls are also making guys drool over them. One such toughie is Neha Galotia aka Pakhi of Surya โ€” The Super Cop. Abhishek Mehta, a marketing professional, confesses, "I really am floored by Pakhi. She is beauty with brains. She sports bright gunjees โ€” one over the other โ€” paired with denims and looks really hot." 

TV actors may not eclipse the popularity of the Bollywood stars anytime soon. But they have their fans: not only because of the characters they play but also because of what they wear. Just take a look around you. You will find an Akshara in your neighbourhood for sure. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

divya0011 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
 "In fact, I think even my curly hair is quite popular as other TV actresses too are trying it," she says. "

i think they have no intention to change her hairstyle...i like her in straight hair๐Ÿ˜”
ramzzz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

thnx for the article..loved raginis statement..

Ashis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
In fact, I think even my curly hair is quite popular as other TV actresses too are trying it,"
So u plzz change it when others are copying u as u r completely different from others sorry dear i'm not rude itz just that i'm not liking ur current hairstyle in the show.
Thanks divya for sharing

Originally posted by: aneesha_sahani

In fact, I think even my curly hair is quite popular as other TV actresses too are trying it,"

So u plzz change it when others are copying u as u r completely different from others sorry dear i'm not rude itz just that i'm not liking ur current hairstyle in the show.
Thanks divya for sharing

Now thats what I call a chummeshwari and a straightforward answer!!๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†lol too good Aneesha di..and thnks for sharing Divya๐Ÿ˜Š..I think u all jo Ragini ke baalon ke piche padhe hon can write to Suhana's corner๐Ÿ˜†
Keenu.G thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I agree with every bit apart from curly hair ๐Ÿ˜›! 
and as aneesha said suhana should remain diff from other bahus, since they are shiftin to curly hair after looking at suhana, ragini can change it to straight!  ๐Ÿ˜†! stay unique! 
Please ragini go back to straight hair! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Ashis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .sb.

Now thats what I call a chummeshwari and a straightforward answer!!๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†lol too good Aneesha di..and thnks for sharing Divya๐Ÿ˜Š..I think u all jo Ragini ke baalon ke piche padhe hon can write to Suhana's corner๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks Sb but i'm scared if ragini read ths pakka mujhe petegi.๐Ÿ˜†...but what can i do raha nahi jaa raha tha toh likh diya...n i'm not going to write in suhana's corner as itz not ragini herself who is responding itz better if i message her in FB but then again if she blocked me NO๐Ÿ˜ญ
infinity00 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Well, I agree with Aneesha, I toh even had a whole poem dedicated to her curly hair to be changed, it was I deed nice in the beginning but not any more. She is different because she is not like anybody else . Sb , Suhana Corner is only if you say how good star plus is , no criticism allowed of any kind. FB is also dodgy, so this forum is the only life line for fans like me "woh nahi toh kiya hua ,SGPians hain naa! DIL ke Baat sunnay ko
mjtruelegend thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Well of course Suhana is the most classy and stylish bahu I have seen on tv. Love her simplicity and elegance.